Achaean Raves

Comments

• Once, a long time ago, we had racing snails from the Bazaar, and I was super sad when I found out that they GOT OLD AND DIED LIKE WTF MY HEART.
  • RIP Snubert.

i'm a rebel

• Armali said:
    Once, a long time ago, we had racing snails from the Bazaar, and I was super sad when I found out that they GOT OLD AND DIED LIKE WTF MY HEART.
    Was that really a long time ago? Feels like last year...
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Athelas said:
    To whichever admin was shouting as refugee citizens from Cyrene, asking for help and direction.

Thank you!

I genuinely felt a gut punch when that mother asked if her children will be safe.

Here's to hoping some of those refugees actually make it to Eleusis.
    Any chance you have logs? I keep missing all of that 

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• AthelasAthelas Cape Town South Africa
    Shirszae said:
    Athelas said:
    To whichever admin was shouting as refugee citizens from Cyrene, asking for help and direction.

Thank you!

I genuinely felt a gut punch when that mother asked if her children will be safe.

I log everything. Will see about cleaning it up and posting it somewhere.
  • Just noticed the main website CSS got updated. Dat combo of Montserrat and Cinzel fonts, mmmmm-mm! 

Now if that's not a thing of beauty to rave about, I don't know what is.
  • AthelasAthelas Cape Town South Africa
    Athelas said:
    Shirszae said:
    Athelas said:

Thank you!

I log everything. Will see about cleaning it up and posting it somewhere.

As Requested, here's that little interaction. Somehow it does not seem to have the same punch it had IG but still.

It all started with:

A citizen of the First has outlived his usefulness and has been sentenced to immediate reprocessing.

And then this followed:

The crackle of lightning surrounds you as you shout, "See That Hashan, when you have outlived your usefulness. That's your future!"

Telen, an irascible drunkard shouts, "Not that I blame ya. It's hopeless. Why bother?"

The air vibrates as the voice of Accipiter, Fixer of Things Since 269AF thrums loudly, "Your reprocessing is closer than ours Athelas."

The crackle of lightning surrounds you as you shout, "Telen enjoy your drink while the rest of us fight. FIGHT Sapience! Take a look at those next to you. With the exception of Hashan. You are heroes!"

Stray Cat Lenn Longshanks, Spectral Smith shouts, "Nothing's hopeless, if it seems hopeless then you're just not doing it right."

Telen, an irascible drunkard shouts, "Iunno, I take a look from these battlements and all I see is that godsdamned fog."

The crackle of lightning surrounds you as you shout, "Telen I might fall. I might even pass to the halls of hell once more. But I will not bow, I will not kneel. I'd die a thousand deaths upon the altar of freedom. And then a thousand more."

Telen, an irascible drunkard shouts, "Yea, then you'd be dead. Big whoop."

The crackle of lightning surrounds you as you shout, "Look harder Telen, I've been having trouble finding fog to fight."

Telen, an irascible drunkard shouts, "I ain't get it. You not bowin' doesn't make you or the people you love any less dead."

The crackle of lightning surrounds you as you shout, "Of course you don't get it Telen. May you live for ever."

Telen, an irascible drunkard shouts, "Hah! Live forever! What a godawful curse that'd be."

A disheveled refugee shouts, "Please, you all have to do -something- to stop this madness..."

A haggard mother shouts, "I just want to go home. Will Cyrene ever be free again?"

The crackle of lightning surrounds you as you shout, "We are, stay strong friends. We may lose some battles, but the war will be ours."

The crackle of lightning surrounds you as you shout, "We all weep for Cyrene, but every tear will be paid for!"

Viscount Minifie Lichlord, Subjugator of His Legion booms from near the heights of attainment, "Swear fealty to His majesty, and perhaps you can be made use of cleaning the streets of Mhaldor as your new home!"

A haggard mother shouts, "But what if they come for Mhaldor next? Will my children survive?"

Viscount Minifie Lichlord, Subjugator of His Legion booms from near the heights of attainment, "They will survive if they prove strong, otherwise what chance have they now? Ensure your choice is made wisely."

The crackle of lightning surrounds you as you shout, "Mother, see to your children. None can say who will live or die, but among us, there will be those who protect you and your children, we might die, but we'll stand between you and the Tsol'teth."

Telen, an irascible drunkard shouts, "Didn't work out so great last time, eh?"

The crackle of lightning surrounds you as you shout, "Refugees of Cyrene! Find your way to Eleusis, you will find refuge and kindness here. Without the need to bend before anyone. We too might fall, but we'll never stop fighting."

• Synthus said:
    Just noticed the main website CSS got updated. Dat combo of Montserrat and Cinzel fonts, mmmmm-mm! 

Thanks, I hate it.

• Synthus said:
    Just noticed the main website CSS got updated. Dat combo of Montserrat and Cinzel fonts, mmmmm-mm! 

I like it, might have to borrow that combo for future projects. (Leading could be increased a wee bit, but maybe that's just me.)
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Today was definitely a lot of fun and promises to lead to more fun down the line.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• JiraishinJiraishin skulking
    I had lots of fun today. 

Gradually I've been getting more involved with this event. It's a lot of fun to do what I'm good at, even if it does get me beheaded. 

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • Synthus said:

They broke (or intentionally disabled?) the functionality of the site on mobile in the process, making it more effort for me to navigate around the one part of the site I use (Portal/News/Messages), so not exactly a fan.
  • Antonius said:
    Synthus said:

They broke (or intentionally disabled?) the functionality of the site on mobile in the process, making it more effort for me to navigate around the one part of the site I use (Portal/News/Messages), so not exactly a fan.
    I regularly use the mobile site when I'm at work and stuff, so I noticed that myself. The expand menu doesn't expand anymore.  :'(
  • I noticed that as well.
  • edited May 2019
    I was mid checking messages and that drop down was working... and then it wasn't. 

It's weird because if I open the messages page on the desktop website and flip it into mobile mode via Chrome dev tools, that dropdown works... but not on mobile. Hmmmm.

• Dunn said:
    I was mid checking messages and that drop down was working... and then it wasn't. 

It's weird because if I open the messages page on the desktop website and flip it into mobile mode via Chrome dev tools, that dropdown works... but not on mobile. Hmmmm.
    It's possible that mobile is using the mobile version of jQuery to handle that - which can be set via user agent rather than screen resolution, and it's flubbed up with some of the updates. I'd be more inclined to believe that the expand trigger was based on a class that is no longer present with the update instead of based on element name or ID tag though, but that's just where I'd start. 

That would explain why it works on chrome desktop with mobile resolutions, but not on a mobile device though. Yaaaaay programming.
  • Had some fun with the event yesterday, big thanks to whoever was pulling the strings of Hailqas'an as I had my first solo interaction with a Denizen...well technically they are adventurers I guess...but fun none-the-less :)
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Thank you to whomever did this (within about 30 seconds of me resubmitting even)!

Message #2316       Sent by Achaea
    2019/5/04/23:52 Your bug report (detail: The Seaspell HUNGER is not listed on
    the SEASPELLS LIST. For no explained reason, when I submitted this recently it
    was classified to Low Priority, and then a few days later dismissed as 'not
    being a bug', with no explanation. Please correct this.) - has been fixed.

• I have done very little today, but I still feel exhausted.

Which is why my rave goes to Cyrene and the rest of the current Coalition. I don't know how you all stay consistent doing the things you do, and still keep your spirits up, but it helps me keep trudging along.  :)
    "Alas. Alas for Hamlin. The Mayor sent east, west, north, and south. To offer the Piper by word of mouth. Wherever it was men's lot to find him, silver and gold to his heart's content. If only he'd return the way he went."
  • [13:35:56:411] Thank you. Your bug, bug #4105, has been submitted.
    2019/5/11/1:36 Your bug report (detail: There is a tsol'teth shrine in petra (room number 47283) which cannot be cleared, due to it being in the middle of the farm. The farm is not accessed via normal means, so it's impossible for the tide to spread there, thus the shrine cannot be cleared.) - has been fixed.

I may not be huge on the event itself, but hot damn these bug fix times have been on point. (also sorry for the slightly frequent filings; lesson learned!)