Achaean Raves

Comments

• JiraishinJiraishin skulking
    edited March 2019
    Riell said:
    Jiraishin said:
    I just finished running my event and it didn't completely tank

I ran a sort of combination quiz and scavenger hunt for the city, on behalf of the Luminai, with questions ranging from 'easy' to 'requires legwork' to 'almost but not quite impossible'. My intent was a) to make a quiz more interesting than just searching helpfiles for the relevant info, b) to make at least a couple of the lore questions difficult enough that not even highly knowledgeable individuals could manage a perfect score, and c) to show off cool interesting trivia and make people think about the game world around them. 

I don't think I totally failed at any of that (definitely not the second one), and a couple of the entries I received had wording at the end about how much fun people had finding things out, which was nice.
    I do not like your forum avatar.

I have never seen Jir with one dagger, let alone four.
    You have never seen Jir at all, because Jir is invisible.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • Jiraishin said:
    Riell said:
    Jiraishin said:

I ran a sort of combination quiz and scavenger hunt for the city, on behalf of the Luminai, with questions ranging from 'easy' to 'requires legwork' to 'almost but not quite impossible'. My intent was a) to make a quiz more interesting than just searching helpfiles for the relevant info, b) to make at least a couple of the lore questions difficult enough that not even highly knowledgeable individuals could manage a perfect score, and c) to show off cool interesting trivia and make people think about the game world around them. 

I don't think I totally failed at any of that (definitely not the second one), and a couple of the entries I received had wording at the end about how much fun people had finding things out, which was nice.

Who... whose head is this then?!  0.0
  • Riell said:
    Jiraishin said:
    Riell said:
    Jiraishin said:

Who... whose head is this then?!  0.0
    We may never know!

• He certainly carries around a lot of extra hyphens
  • Those are also heads.
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • edited March 2019
    TIL Jir gives head from the shadows.
  • Riell said:
    TIL Jir gives head from the shadows.

• Been a pleasure if only quite tangential to interact with @Cecelia, and glad to see you've been enjoying the experience.

• edited March 2019
    I wanted the first post to be a happy one, cause I'm a happy person. So!

First, big props to all the staff that do work/have ever worked on Achaea. This game is awesome and I'm having a ton of fun. You guys work super hard, and even though I don't know all your names, you are epic.

@Milabar

Thank you for helping me out when I first joined Targossas. You didn't have to, but you made sure I had everything I needed, took me hunting, and you even adopted the weird way Phayne talks, and made her feel comfortable. (Bit of backstory, Phayne is Human but lived in Inbhir Ness, so she has a slight Dwarven twang on some words. Nothing major, but it seems to bother some) 

(I'm looking at you here) @Dunn

You were mean. I'll never forgive you. (Even though I'm told you had a little laugh with the Herald about it later)

@Herev

You're doing a great job as my mentor, even if you keep scaring the beejebus outta me.

@Mezghar

As sad as it is, cause we don't interact that much, you're actually the person I've talked to the most, so thank you for always making sure you say hello and see how I'm doing (fishing). 

Looking at that list makes me think I need to get out more. If anyone ever wants to chat, I'm usually sitting on/near Muurn Lake, catching all the fish.
  • - You can now ARTEFACT RECALL to recover your artefacts! This will only work on artefacts that reset
    to your inventory, and will not work on mounts or pets.

POGCHAMP  :o
  • @Astarod is always fun to spar, especially for giving me a not-ridiculously artied target to practice Fire Lord against. (Though he's learning not to die to that anymore, sadly).

Even if his Air Lord is frustratingly frustrating to fight as all Air Lords are, I do appreciate the constant seeking of duels from him. Keep on rockin'.
  • Rave: I'm up and online at 1:45 am on public wifi because the RP is just that good

Rant: I'm up and online at 1:45 am an hour away from home and my alarm is set for 7 in the morning and I'll be expected to be imaginative from 9 to 5 oh god

• Jiraishin said:
    Rave: I'm up and online at 1:45 am on public wifi because the RP is just that good

Rant: I'm up and online at 1:45 am an hour away from home and my alarm is set for 7 in the morning and I'll be expected to be imaginative from 9 to 5 oh god
    Summary: a typical day playing Achaea.
  • Penwize said:
    Jiraishin said:
    Rave: I'm up and online at 1:45 am on public wifi because the RP is just that good

Summary: a typical day playing Achaea.
    Hello high school my old friend 

• AthelasAthelas Cape Town South Africa
    To everyone involved in Athelas's return to the realms:

Thank you!

I find it remarkable how willing people are to engage with him, and deal with his emotional damage. Between the lot of you, you've managed to keep him sane and slowly returning to his old self. If things continue like this, the longest running arch in his story could very well come to an end.

There might be fewer players around now, but I've found that the level of RP from the average encounter, has dramatically improved!

Again, thank you all!
  • The Hunter killed more kids in one rampage than I have in my entire play time. 1upped

• Farrah said:
    More @Babel RP than I got in the Nihilists

squeeeeeeee

• Please direct any and all applications for Ashtani citizenship to Jocindi. <3

Just think, that's only one of our three awesome Gods!
  • Penwize said:
    Please direct any and all applications for Ashtani citizenship to Jocindi. <3

Just think, that's only one of our three awesome Gods!
    Psh, was Ashtani and got less attention than this. Apparently what I really needed to do was join Targ.

• Maybe your problem is you just weren't Ashtani enough, and you weren't Ashtani when our awesome gods were there. And while I was Ashtani.  Ashtan is now Besttan.
  • Penwize said:
    Maybe your problem is you just weren't Ashtani enough, and you weren't Ashtani when our awesome gods were there. And while I was Ashtani.  Ashtan is now Besttan.
    Sounds Mhaldorian.
    -squint-

• edited April 2019
    The fun is in the Babel v Caefir conflict. If there were no Caefir, it'd be pretty dull. Back off mah peeps. :angry:

I wish I saved a log. I would have some good memorable quotes.
  • You don't... have a folder named "Babel" filled with logs from a joyous year long relationship?

• Farrah said:
    The fun is in the Babel v Caefir conflict. If there were no Caefir, it'd be pretty dull. Back off mah peeps. :angry:

I wish I saved a log. I would have some good memorable quotes.
    I saved a log of everything I was there for! Nearly done cleaning it too.