Achaean Raves

Comments

• KayeilKayeil Washington State
     * ENGRAVE (Jewellery) will now work on resetting/artefact versions of items that can normally be engraved.

Sweet! Though a couple of questions on the fixes...

1.) Thought stationary kits weren't allowed to hold gold anymore?
    2.) Can we be allowed to embroider artefact clothing, too?

What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• @Kayeil Stationary kits could/can hold gold?!?

• KayeilKayeil Washington State
    Makaela said:
    @Kayeil Stationary kits could/can hold gold?!?
    Well, I know they could. Thought that was disabled, but the news about bug fixes included something about them still carrying and eating up a portion of the gold.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• Selira said:
    Whoever robbed me of my letters, thank you for being classy about it. I'm curious if anything will come of it, even if most of what you got was design acceptances.
    I put gold away post-pickpocket without ghost/cloak up so I thought you knew it was me (facepalmed haaaard when I realised I had my antitheft stuff on and no stealth defs)

One of the letters made me a bit sad/nostalgic and the first thing I thought to do was return them to you, <3
    -
    (Whiners Anonymous): Alcaro says, "If I overdose on anything, though, it'll be a lack of anything."
    (Whiners Anonymous): Alcaro says, "Isn't Morimbuul that Arab that was banished to beneath Mhaldor or something."
  • Cesarina said:
    Selira said:
    Whoever robbed me of my letters, thank you for being classy about it. I'm curious if anything will come of it, even if most of what you got was design acceptances.
    I put gold away post-pickpocket without ghost/cloak up so I thought you knew it was me (facepalmed haaaard when I realised I had my antitheft stuff on and no stealth defs)

One of the letters made me a bit sad/nostalgic and the first thing I thought to do was return them to you, <3
    Aw, thanks! I was standing there with blind on and without mindseye up like a complete idiot, so I totally didn't see anything. I think I know the letter you're referring to and yeah, all the nostalgia. Definitely appreciate getting them back though.
  • RuthRuth Singapore
    edited June 2015
    Fountain (keyword: fountain)
      - A bubbling fountain that supplies a stream of fresh water.
      - Can have its description customised (HELP CUSTOMISATIONS).
      - 20 room credits.  (40 outside of a subdivision)

Congratulations! This room now has the fountain upgrade. 20 room credits have been deducted from
    your account.

Courtyard of the Mantis (indoors).
    This room has not been mapped.
    A door to the side of the chapel leads out into a spacious courtyard. Instead of adopting a
    traditional four-sided appearance, this courtyard is designed to be circular in shape. Constructed
    mainly from smoothly polished, ivory-white ashlar bricks, it is also decorated by square-cut hedges
    at the edges and a large, three-tiered estate fountain as the centerpiece, from which stems the soft
    susurrus of trickling water. Rising from the center of the circular courtyard, the marble fountain
    stands at a height of six feet and is topped by the sigil of House I'llur: that of a mantis with its
    forelegs upraised. A pebbled trail winds towards the western wall and stretches beyond to another
    section of the estate. A sigil in the shape of a small, rectangular monolith is on the ground. Water
    streams into the basin of a simple stone fountain.
    You see exits leading northeast (closed door) and west (open door).

Whee! Now.. I can't drink from it, so I hope it has a few cool atmos messages. I'll need to sit and find out sometime!

"Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• KasyaKasya Tennessee
    Ruth said:
    Fountain (keyword: fountain)
      - A bubbling fountain that supplies a stream of fresh water.
      - Can have its description customised (HELP CUSTOMISATIONS).
      - 20 room credits.  (40 outside of a subdivision)

Congratulations! This room now has the fountain upgrade. 20 room credits have been deducted from
    your account.

Courtyard of the Mantis (indoors).
    This room has not been mapped.
    A door to the side of the chapel leads out into a spacious courtyard. Instead of adopting a
    traditional four-sided appearance, this courtyard is designed to be circular in shape. Constructed
    mainly from smoothly polished, ivory-white ashlar bricks, it is also decorated by square-cut hedges
    at the edges and a large, three-tiered estate fountain as the centerpiece, from which stems the soft
    susurrus of trickling water. Rising from the center of the circular courtyard, the marble fountain
    stands at a height of six feet and is topped by the sigil of House I'llur: that of a mantis with its
    forelegs upraised. A pebbled trail winds towards the western wall and stretches beyond to another
    section of the estate. A sigil in the shape of a small, rectangular monolith is on the ground. Water
    streams into the basin of a simple stone fountain.
    You see exits leading northeast (closed door) and west (open door).

Whee! Now.. I can't drink from it, so I hope it has a few cool atmos messages. I'll need to sit and find out sometime!

The water shows up after a bit. 
  • RuthRuth Singapore
    Thanks!
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• edited June 2015
    @Ixora and @Atalkez  rocking my world with the RP. It's soo sweet. I can't wait till they can all be a happy-little family. -dies-
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    eeee @Kyrra is the best person ever

Looking like nothing so much as a dragon in miniature, this diminutive lizard has a noble presence 
    that transforms a potential slight into a tribute to those majestic beings. Comparable in stature to 
    a small hawk, his wiry body is well-suited to the flight implied by the broad wings that flare from 
    his shoulder blades. A slightly lighter gold than his brilliant, aureate hide, the appendages spread 
    to a length twice that of his body and are composed of thin, delicate bones overlaid with an almost 
    translucent membrane. An elongated, sinuous neck rises from the apogee of his torso, supporting a 
    wedged head which features narrow, slit-pupil eyes that silently express the inherently predatory 
    nature of this beast. The collection of teeth in his maw and claws at the apex of his small forearms 
    and powerful back legs only serve to underline that message.
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• Rave for being allowed to join the Pirates of Meropis! Squee!  Also rave for all the huge sea battles. Tons of fun and learning a lot! 
  • KasyaKasya Tennessee
    That news post, with all the updates like consolidating vials and elixsum... Garden, you're amazing.
  • There hasn't been a good public news takedown in forever.  Say what you like about @Reznik he delivers the goods when he posts.  Delicious.
  • @Vansittart Everybody says (effective) Darkwalker manipulation is badass, but really, nothing more popcorn worthy than a good bit of truth well-placed. Can lay the smackdown just as good.

• edited July 2015
    He's really just an obnoxious fuck with a history of OOC harrassment, to be honest. None of you know that context, but anyone in Ashtani leadership ~three IRL years ago knows exactly what kind of a depraved piece of crap he is. 

Also, I don't think he realizes he's actually on the permanent permanent enemy list.

• To be fair Dunn I'm on that list as well so it doesn't really mean much.
  • Negative. We have two lists. The 'Maybe not permanent' and the 'When Tanris comes back from the dead' permanent

• Dunn said:
    Negative. We have two lists. The 'Maybe not permanent' and the 'When Tanris comes back from the dead' permanent
    When who comes back from the dead?
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    Kinilan said:
    Dunn said:
    Negative. We have two lists. The 'Maybe not permanent' and the 'When Tanris comes back from the dead' permanent
    When who comes back from the dead?
    Don't fall for it, he's blindsiding you

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • That is some pitch black humour right there  Carmain. You should see yourself out.
  • I shouldn't laugh, but I see the humor here.

• Dunn said:
    He's really just an obnoxious fuck with a history of OOC harrassment, to be honest. None of you know that context, but anyone in Ashtani leadership ~three IRL years ago knows exactly what kind of a depraved piece of crap he is. 

Also, I don't think he realizes he's actually on the permanent permanent enemy list.

Yeah just to be clear, I wasn't calling it a truthbomb, and I have no idea what the background is and I know he's gone in for some dubious stuff in the past.  I'm just saying though: awesome post.  Dude can write.
  • PraxidesPraxides Kansas, USA
    Synbios said:
    From the recent announce:
    - Wielding a weapon will now automatically draw a weapon from any weapon containers in your inventory if you do not have any other weapons in your inventory that match the type you are trying to wield.

wield sword

You silently draw Eternal Mercy from a meteoric iron scabbard.
    You begin to wield Eternal Mercy in your left hand.

Awesome intensifies.
    I wish it did this for shields too. :(
  • Dunn said:

Whispers have indeed reached me of the kind of wild accusations that have been made against me.  It seems that you have chosen to believe them.

I am unsurprised that you have chosen to believe the devil you know over the devil you do not.  However, the fact that you never once attempted to contact me for my side of the story, while others have, leads me to believe that you are not interested in truth when it is not useful for you to be.

You accuse me of OOC harassment, but here you are, on the Achaean forums, talking OOCly about me, and here _you_ are making claims of my depravity unbidden, providing nothing to back them up, and assuring everyone what a horrible, horrible man I am.  Forgive me for my skepticism about your noble intentions in ensuring the "truth" of my "obnoxious fuckery" sees light of day, when you utterly failed to practice due diligence in investigating the truth or falsehood of my "obnoxious fuckery" 3 years ago, 2 years ago, 1 year ago, or before writing your post.

You were wise to omit my name from your post so that it would be more difficult for me to find it.  But you were unwise to crack open this can of worms here, because I am QUITE content to settle it here.

So, Dunn.  Exactly what kind of a depraved piece of crap am I?  Please, tell me.  I'd love to hear it.
  • Daeir said:
    I don't think the rest of us much care to read it, though. Might be better taken to messages or something.

Shh, I got popcorn ready.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.