Achaean Raves

Comments

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Aegoth said:
    Xinna said:

I thought the Naga had a bit more finesse than Aegoth/Deladan. What do I know, though?

My kills are very elegant and clean, tyvm. To master the holocaust is like mastering a harp or piano. It takes skill, dedication and passion.
    And asbestos underpants

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • AktillumAktillum Philippines
    I don't know whether to rave or rant about this.

A while back I put in a mentor reward program in the CIJ. Mentors get like 1cr per protege rank advancement from (HR1>HR2>HR3>HR5). Nobody was using it for awhile, then I made a post reminding everyone, and like the past month we've seriously had an average of between 1 to 3 novices advancing to HR2 on a daily basis.

I can't figure out if the CIJ is just a popular destination for novices, if people are creating alts and helping each other game the system, or if mentors are just giving their proteges all the physical requirements (vials herbs etc) and saying "You pass!".

Now, I want to rave and be like "heck yeah, CIJ advancing like 9000 novices a rl month, we're on fire!" but uhh...seems too good to be true.

I'm so confused wat do.

• TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    @Aktillum it's probably a combination of "creating alts and helping eachother game the system" and "giving their proteges all the requirements".
    I'd advise against giving 1cr per protege rank advancement, and only reward if their protege hits HR5.
    Though that won't solve the "helping eachother game the system" part, you could theoretically add a "protege minimum activity requirement"-clause to the reward system.
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• edited May 2015
    Do you also have a lot of novices sticking around, or do they tend to just hit HR2 and then disappear?

1 credit really isn't a lot, not enough to create alts for considering the time it takes to go through the intro and then get whatever is needed for the requirements. A lot of people could easily get more than 1 credit in that time on their own. Rushing legitimate novices through to HR2 is a likely enough consequence, but it doesn't seem like a huge problem to me, and it still means you're getting a lot of legitimate novices.

Unless the house is poor enough that 1-3 credits a day is a burden.
  • AktillumAktillum Philippines
    edited May 2015
    Yeah its not a burden at all, CIJ has a stockpile of cr, hence why I haven't done anything about it. Like you, I want to believe that we're getting legitimate novices and our novice tasks are a breeze (I really tried to make HR1 to HR3 as simple as possible, basically just getting vials/herbs/clothes/description). Still there's a nagging voice in the back of my head thats like...this is weeeiirrdd.

Logs from past 6 days:

2015/05/25 08:36:59 - Byakko was inducted by Certimene.
    2015/05/25 09:35:15 - Seraya promoted Byakko to a Quacker's Fluffer.

(no promotions for 05/26)

2015/05/27 01:50:00 - Sunny promoted Byakko to a Knave of Madcap Revelry.
    2015/05/27 02:02:35 - Tysori promoted Samaira to a Quacker's Fluffer.

2015/05/28 04:13:35 - Tysori promoted Gordon to a Courtier of Wit.
    2015/05/28 04:13:43 - Tysori promoted Gordon to a Court Jester.

2015/05/29 00:29:53 - Tysori promoted Boink to a Quacker's Fluffer.

2015/05/30 16:44:25 - Seraya promoted Dankari to a Quacker's Fluffer.
    2015/05/30 20:51:50 - Seraya promoted Jak to a Quacker's Fluffer.

So its actually not as bad as I thought, I think it feels like more than it is because I'm giving 1cr per advancement. HR1 to HR3 is so easy a caveman could do it. I wish I could view logs up to 30 days to get a better idea.

Also there's no cooldown on when you can take your next rank evaluation so if a new char just bought all the stuff in advance they could go HR1 to HR3 in 2 minutes.

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Aktillum said:
    Yeah its not a burden at all, CIJ has a stockpile of cr, hence why I haven't done anything about it. Like you, I want to believe that we're getting legitimate novices and our novice tasks are a breeze (I really tried to make HR1 to HR3 as simple as possible, basically just getting vials/herbs/clothes/description). Still there's a nagging voice in the back of my head thats like...this is weeeiirrdd.

Logs from past 6 days:

2015/05/25 08:36:59 - Byakko was inducted by Certimene.
    2015/05/25 09:35:15 - Seraya promoted Byakko to a Quacker's Fluffer.

(no promotions for 05/26)

2015/05/27 01:50:00 - Sunny promoted Byakko to a Knave of Madcap Revelry.
    2015/05/27 02:02:35 - Tysori promoted Samaira to a Quacker's Fluffer.

2015/05/28 04:13:35 - Tysori promoted Gordon to a Courtier of Wit.
    2015/05/28 04:13:43 - Tysori promoted Gordon to a Court Jester.

2015/05/29 00:29:53 - Tysori promoted Boink to a Quacker's Fluffer.

2015/05/30 16:44:25 - Seraya promoted Dankari to a Quacker's Fluffer.
    2015/05/30 20:51:50 - Seraya promoted Jak to a Quacker's Fluffer.

So its actually not as bad as I thought, I think it feels like more than it is because I'm giving 1cr per advancement. HR1 to HR3 is so easy a caveman could do it. I wish I could view logs up to 30 days to get a better idea.
    I can assure you that at least two of those are truebies, if that makes you feel any better.
    Huh. Neat.
  • That and Jhui's are the only two complete ones, aren't they? There aren't even enough pieces out there for a third?
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• Three have been completed.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • I've seen three people sounding them. Jhui, Vrass, someone who I forget but wasn't Atalkez. Can you loan them out?

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• If Vrass has one, that would make it 4. I haven't used mine yet, so not sure if it can be lent out or not. I've seen her using it too though.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • KayeilKayeil Washington State
    Seragorn has one.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• Kayeil said:
    Seragorn has one.
    Yep, he was the one whose name I was struggling to recall. So yeah, that sounds like 4 unless they were able to be lent out.

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

Just tested with Atalkez's, it can be loaned... so Vrass might've been using Jhui's. I've only heard of three being completed... and that'd be Jhui's, Seragorn's, and Atalkez's. I don't think there were enough pieces to make four, but I could be wrong.

• And here I thought Atalkez was scared to fight you.
  • Jukilian said:
    And here I thought Atalkez was scared to fight you.
    Terrified!

Jukilian said:
    He totally is. Every time I challenge him to a duel he says no, and we end up playing rock paper scissors instead.

• Kayeil said:
    Jukilian said:
    He totally is. Every time I challenge him to a duel he says no, and we end up playing rock paper scissors instead.
    You clearly aren't taking RPS seriously enough if you don't think it's a perfectly valid method of dueling.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

Sarathai said:
    Kayeil said:
    Jukilian said:
    You clearly aren't taking RPS seriously enough if you don't think it's a perfectly valid method of dueling.
    It is completely valid... when I win.  :3

• TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    Sarathai said:
    Kayeil said:
    Jukilian said:

Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• @Daeir is a pretty cool guy
    Replies the scorpion: "It's my nature..."
  • RuthRuth Singapore
    I can tell you I laughed at some parts, and especially at Chiam. Thanks for hosting, @Alcinae.
    A soft cackling sound erupts from outside the hall before the door to the southeast seems to erupt into noise. A large, thumping noise of something heavy against wood can be heard. Ruth tilts her head to the source of the disturbance.

The body of Minister Crixos Nithilar appears in a flash and his soul descends to fill it, causing
    the previously expressionless face to fill with emotion.

Furrowing her brow, Jurixe turns slightly in her seat.

Jurixe says in Mhaldorian in a low, silken voice, "What is that?"

Crixos touches a mindseye tattoo.

Staring intently to the door at the southeast, Tasuu jumps in fright as Crixos returns suddenly.

Jurixe asks Alcinae in Mhaldorian in a low, silken voice, "Is that your entertainment?"

Tasuu Nithilar, Initiate of the West says in Mhaldorian, "I think it was Crixos."

Alcinae Nithilar, Herald of Iniquity says to Jurixe in Mhaldorian, "Possibly, mother. I know they
    were due to be here in a short time."

Jurixe nods her head at a distinguished butler.

Jurixe says to a distinguished butler in Mhaldorian in a low, silken voice, "Find out what it is."

Jurixe opens the door to the southeast.

Quietly excusing himself, a tall butler strides out to the southeast.
    The door to the southeast slams shut.

A ruthless river crocodile waddles in with a proud slinking motion as the door is
    opened, his snout being first to appear. Ruth looks rather amused as droplets of water is left upon
    the ground in his wake. Stopping before Alcinae, the crocodile opens his jaws wide and cackles
    loudly.

Jurixe peers at the creature as it ambles nonchalantly into the hall, looking somewhat nonplussed.

You stare implacably at a ruthless river crocodile.

Jurixe opens the door to the southeast.

Chiam peers at a ruthless river crocodile unscrupulously.

A tall butler strides crisply in from the southeast.
    The door to the southeast slams shut.

The door leading southeast is opened from the other side.

Chiam says in Mhaldorian in a thick, hoarse voice, "I am too full for a crocodile..."

Alcinae blinks in astonishment at a ruthless river crocodile, before turning his head to you.

You say in Mhaldorian in a quiet, contemplative voice, "It seems.. my crocodile decided to swim
    through the nearby lake to attend the dinner."

Jurixe says to Alcinae in Mhaldorian in a low, silken voice, "Is -that- the entertainment?"

Alcinae Nithilar, Herald of Iniquity says to you in Mhaldorian, "Perhaps it caught scent of the fish."

Alcinae Nithilar, Herald of Iniquity says in Mhaldorian, "Perhaps it is time to bring out the entree,
     then."

Jurixe says in Mhaldorian in a low, silken voice, "Your brother might eat the crocodile next, so
    perhaps."

"Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Jukilian said:
    Sent By: Achaea On 6/02/14:43
    Your idea #1505 was deleted. The text was: Make CITY GUARD LIST ordered by Room, instead of ID#.. The reason given was: be live soon.

Message #1391       Sent by Achaea
    6/03/1:06 Your idea #1063 was deleted. The text was: a "You have unread news" message on login, 
    similar to the messages one. The reason given was: Be live soon.

Finallyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

<3 whoever did this
    Huh. Neat.