Achaean Raves

Comments

• Daslin said:
    Tharvis said:
    Daslin said:
    Don't worry you two. Das'll fuck things up as per usual at some point.
    and then Tharvis will be there to backhand @Daslin back to the past so he can fix his mistakes FOR THE FUTURE!
    Wait, we have time travel?!
    @Daslin and @Tharvis: So that's where my alpha version of the prototype went! I'm cool with it, though, so feel free to test at will. Will not be held responsible for time paradoxes though. Don't be this guy:

• edited November 2014

I think that about covers it.
  • HerenicusHerenicus The Western Front
    edited November 2014
    seventh billing  :(
  • AodfionnAodfionn Seattle, WA
    <3 

Aurora says, "Are you drunk, Aodfionn?"
  • Seriously I love cyrene right now. Last bastion of sanity in the entire game. Raves to so many people there who have been more than kind to an awakening player.
    (Blades of Valour): He just has that Synbios Swagger enough said.
    (Blades of Valour): Draekar says: "Synbios if sunbeams sparkle off that I'll kill you where you stand."

(Party) Halos says, "Disbar?"
    (Party) Draekar says, "You know here we have disbar."
    (Party) Draekar says, "And over there we have datbar."
  • PS, Kakotas, for the love of Father and all that is holy, BUY A KILT.
  • Faur said:
    PS, Kakotas, for the love of Father and all that is holy, BUY A KILT.
    AKA Ask Trilliana for a kilt.
    meh

• So many things that could be said and shouldn't be said here.
    (Blades of Valour): He just has that Synbios Swagger enough said.
    (Blades of Valour): Draekar says: "Synbios if sunbeams sparkle off that I'll kill you where you stand."

(Party) Halos says, "Disbar?"
    (Party) Draekar says, "You know here we have disbar."
    (Party) Draekar says, "And over there we have datbar."
  • RuthRuth Singapore
    edited November 2014
    Yes, and then we can plan a mentor-protege retreat with everyone on Zanzibaar. #whynot #weirdo
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• edited November 2014
    Halos said some stuff.
    So from a practical point of view, how does this work?
    • We go defile.
    • While defiling a party of Order defenders show up.
    • Defilers stand around staring at the defenders until either the defenders attack or one of them witnesses (in which case I assume we're only allowed to attack the witness and not his friends?)
    • Is there a room message that someone has witnessed? (I should probably know this one)
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    My take on it is if there are multiple people on either side:
    - only the one who witnesses can be attacked, unless the others jump in to defend
    - only those who are actually seen / witnessed defiling can be attacked, unless the others jump in to defend

This would get round the issue of multiple people defiling but a lone order member coming to witness - the defilers can't all just pile in (unless order member is infamous / mark / otherwise open PK) - but would not protect the lone defiler against being stomped when a group of six dragons show up to investigate (they can all see the defiling happening)

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen
    Had a fun little talk with @Melodie that didn't quite turn out how I'm assume either of us thought it would.
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    edited November 2014
    Nothing like striking up a random conversation and unexpected results! I so am loving what I get to do, both House and city-wise. Thanks for being a sport, Das. :D
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    Tibitha said:
    Halos said some stuff.
    So from a practical point of view, how does this work?
    • We go defile.
    • While defiling a party of Order defenders show up.
    • Defilers stand around staring at the defenders until either the defenders attack or one of them witnesses (in which case I assume we're only allowed to attack the witness and not his friends?)
    • Is there a room message that someone has witnessed? (I should probably know this one)
    I know the defiler sees it when he gets witnessed, I also think it's a room message, remember something like that when defiling Thoth, can't remember for sure though
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• The point is so that you can run in to defend when, for example, a bunch of veiled people defile, but if you get there and see 6 veiled dragons and you are alone, you can leave instead of witnessing or attacking, if you choose. If you witness, you are engaging and all are free to attack you until the engagement ends.
  • It's really not complicated. If you witness, you're going to get attacked. Simple stuff.

• edited November 2014
    I don't really agree with it, but I don't think it's an awful change. Should probably make WITNESS SHRINE balanceless though.

ETA: Or maybe just have WITNESS SHRINE witness all recent defilements, instead of one at a time.
  • Or don't go witness if you have a fear of dying.

• Asked for clarification purposes:
    1. You can go in, witness. Run away. The defiler holds no reason to attack you further, correct?
    2. You can go in, witness. Defend. The defiler alone gets to attack you. Defenders of that defiler would be open to normal PK circumstances and may be hired on?
    3. You can go in, defile. Not get witnessed. Run away. The attempted witness doesn't go through, the Order/defenders have no reason to attack you further, correct?
    4. You can go in, defile. Get witnessed. Stay and attack the witnesser. But anyone who helps you may get hired on for doing so?

A bit of repetitive questioning there, but I think clearing up basic scenarios will probably make this a whole lot easier for everyone, including the divine who are going to have to micromanage the inevitable results of these changes when issues and complaints start pouring in.

• Bluef said:
    Asked for clarification purposes:
    1. You can go in, witness. Run away. The defiler holds no reason to attack you further, correct?
    2. You can go in, witness. Defend. The defiler alone gets to attack you. Defenders of that defiler would be open to normal PK circumstances and may be hired on?
    3. You can go in, defile. Not get witnessed. Run away. The attempted witness doesn't go through, the Order/defenders have no reason to attack you further, correct?
    4. You can go in, defile. Get witnessed. Stay and attack the witnesser. But anyone who helps you may get hired on for doing so?

A bit of repetitive questioning there, but I think clearing up basic scenarios will probably make this a whole lot easier for everyone, including the divine who are going to have to micromanage the inevitable results of these changes when issues and complaints start pouring in.

May consider opening a new discussion/question for this cuz @Sarapis said it's the best way to handle questions... otherwise, I have no idea! >_<