Achaean Raves

Comments

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    I'm still going to have to be learning a lot IC about what happened (was busy doing other things during the event unfortunately) and figure out all the lore, but I admit I am looking forward to exploring a 100% new section of Achaea I have never touched, not even once.

... don't look at me like that, I'm not going to change class. I'm not! I'm not goddamn it.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • edited November 2014
    I'm tempted to change class. I've always loved shaman, and these changes look really interesting. But there are so many other changes coming up, and I might like the new runewarden/alchemist/magi (the other classes would require either leaving Ashtan or starting a new alt, neither of which is likely) more, or I might prefer one of the new tradeskills rather than changing class.

So I'm just going to be taunted by all these cool changes until everything is finished.
  • BluefBluef Delos
    edited November 2014
    It will be interesting to see how cities react to this change and if shaman are any more or less allowed in Houses, given that we can commune spiritually now with both an ancient priest and an ancient apostate and occultist.
  • Bluef said:
    It will be interesting to see how cities react to this change and if shaman are any more or less allowed in Houses, given that we can commune spiritually now with both an ancient priest and an ancient apostate and occultist.

If anything, this will probably end up making Shamans banned from -more- orgs. I won't be surprised if Shamans are banned from Eleusis and Mhaldor.

• I am displeased I missed all this.... 

Cahin said:
    Obliterate was a fair and balanced ability and it's removal from puppetry and vodun should have been a crime.
  • So Shaman gets to keep Totems but also gain an insane number of passive buffs.

This is looking damned nice.
    ~Kresslack's obsession~
  • One can only crack the pot so many times. Also, I think shamans might become a Hashani factional class..? Pls no.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • Just to clarify, they lost the ability to prop totems. They can still implant them and such.
  • RuthRuth Singapore
    edited November 2014
    Shaman rework is looking pretty boss. I like it. Tempted to switch to Shaman, but multiclass gogo.
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• AodfionnAodfionn Seattle, WA
    @Aurora‌ and Targ. Just, amazing. The smallest things turn out to become the most fun and interesting interactions.
    Aurora says, "Are you drunk, Aodfionn?"
  • VayneVayne Rhode Island
    I haven't been in game since the change, does spiritlore replace rune lore?
  • While Spiritlore is not my necessarily my own personal jam, it is really cool. I love the idea of a class that can essentially steal an iconic ability of one or two other classes at a time.

My only question is what the heck this "circle" thing is with the totems? From the ability file, it sounds like any shaman can just sketch this around any implanted totem. Did totems just get a stealth buff?
  • Tael said:
    While Spiritlore is not my necessarily my own personal jam, it is really cool. I love the idea of a class that can essentially steal an iconic ability of one or two other classes at a time.

My only question is what the heck this "circle" thing is with the totems? From the ability file, it sounds like any shaman can just sketch this around any implanted totem. Did totems just get a stealth buff?
    From what I'm understanding, yes. They draw them around the totems, and they do what the circle is set to do, PLUS whatever the totem itself does.

• TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    can only draw the circles around the shamanic totems. Not the runic totems
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• Daeir said:
    Spiritlore possible contender for best skillset in game for lesson investment. You get almost everything.
    skill
  • edited November 2014
    Tharvis said:
    can only draw the circles around the shamanic totems. Not the runic totems
    Wait - so these are different kinds of totems? I thought a totem was still a totem, it was just that shamans couldn't ink runes on them themselves, but could still implant them.

So basically there is a whole new species of totem that, instead of having runes, has this circle thing around it? If so, I feel like it probably isn't going to see much use at all, since, at least from the description of the skill, it'd be pretty useless without wunjo.
  • The circles have the same affects as the two basic types of 6 slot totem (unblind/transfix/paralyse/3x sleep and unblind/undeaf/4x sowulu). They're functionally equivalent for the most part.
  • BluefBluef Delos
    edited November 2014
    Makarios said:
    The circles have the same affects as the two basic types of 6 slot totem (unblind/transfix/paralyse/3x sleep and unblind/undeaf/4x sowulu). They're functionally equivalent for the most part.
    Except that you need 10 black inks to draw circles around them. I don't see much equivalency in having to spend so much more gold or time (if you're killing/butchering/inkmilling) to put up a tribal totem vs. a runic one. 
  • How does smudging work with the new totems? Can runelorists smudge shaman circles, and can shaman smudge runes off of runic totems? Would smudging a circle take longer since it would I assume be functionally equivalent of smudging 6 runes?

• I'm assuming you can't have a shamanic totem and a runic totem in the same room - or can you?
    The Truths hurt. Always.
  • Holy f***! Just about every awesome ability in one skill.

Pure double affliction that can lock without any setup or RNG, Blackwind, Resurrection, Snares, Bleeding, Mini Kai heal, Pilgrimage, Disrupt, Universe Tarot, Ranged attack, Relapsing..... And all this paired with faster fashioning and all the stuff like Mangle, slowlocks, blight, swiftcurse etc. 

I might not even wait for multiclass. Who cares about the chance to swing a two handed sword or do a limited number of afflictions with a shield when you could do....well..... EVERYTHING! 

This is awesome! 

• edited November 2014
    Arador said:
    Blackwind, Resurrection, Pilgrimage, Universe Tarot, Ranged attack
    Blackwind that can't be used in combat or for infiltration (leaves your body sitting there for anyone to attack while you walk around, has extremely high willpower costs if you go too far, and when you end it you return to where you started), ally-only resurrection that requires a lot of prep (a doll with at least 50 fashions), pilgrimage that doesn't require the target to be standing in a rite (this one is actually better than your comparison), I don't see anything like universe tarot, and the ranged attack is only adjacent, like an upgraded firelash.

Still a really great set of abilities, though.
  • The projection one reminded me of universe. Oh and if I am reading it correctly, the ranged attack might only be next room but goes through shield ala Kai choke. The spirit walk one is off, yes. Has amazing espionage potential though. 

• The projection one, I believe, just jerks you out of the immediate danger you're in and into an adjacent room. 
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    edited November 2014
    Someone typo this plese
    "The pray that doesn't see the trap coming has its throat cut first."

*prey

Also, this makes me want to stop waiting for multiclass to be shaman.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.