Achaean Raves

Comments

• Adding my own voice to the "whoever ran the Mayaween Masquerade Ball is awesome" crowd. I didn't even realise there were giftbags or anything being handed out (didn't get one), but that's fine, because I got a bite mark and that is awesome :smiley: 

I hope the masking makes an appearance somewhere else, and I'm eagerly awaiting to see what may become of the bite marks. More interaction with the awesome denizens and environment and the awesome people running them is never unwelcome.

Congrats to those who won prizes, and again, thanks for all of the effort to put this ball on for us! It is much appreciated.

Bydar, a garish-looking trader says, "I'm not a man, I'm an experience."
  • Woo ball.

Creepy somewhat disconcerting bite marks with no decay time.

Can they be removed? And can you log out with it? I don't actually want to try. :(
  • I tried removing it and it didn't work, and they don't fall out when I qqed. Which is good if you want them, and a little unsettling if you don't like inexplicable (permanent?) marks on your character, haha. Maybe it'll be able to be removed/healed after a month or two. :)

i'm a rebel

• Those bite marks are causing afflictions now. I think we're turning.
    Okk tells you, "You 'woof'ed on a house channel in a conversation with the Lord Bard."

• Naaah, this is Achaea. Not Aetolia.

Although I wouldn't put it past them to do it temporarily for Halloween.
  • KayeilKayeil Washington State
    The Ball was quite interesting, and thanks to those who hosted the event. So pleased about getting one of those dolls because I had wanted one when we saw them earlier in the week. Actually surprised there was no violence at the hands of Belladona and her entourage, but it was a fun time! So curious about these bite marks, they're actually kind of cool!
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• HerenicusHerenicus The Western Front
    edited October 2014
    ...vampire roleplay has come to Achaea  >:)

A rare delight. @Taraus makes the best date; a credit to her race. Fumbled like a bear cub trying to fuck a football without custom emotes. With thirty (or how many?) people divided between two rooms brimming with charismatic volunteers, there was no such thing as quiet side conversations. 50% vomit. 50% mystery. 50% win. 
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Absolutely had a lovely time at the ball. The events leading up to it plus attending and being in an interesting crowd of people I actually couldn't identify for the most part was quite a unique experience, enough so that I was probably a little quieter than usual.

I'd like to offer some very polite critique for the event runner(s), mostly because I'm not sure where else to put it - this is by no means saying the event didn't go exceptionally well (it really did), but just some thoughts:

I would have liked more space to roam around in. With only two rooms and quite a few people, there was quite a lot of spamming. Since people were behind masks and not even their real names, it made it much harder to identify who was saying what, and the rate of the noise was quick. I had to scroll back a lot to try and understand what was being said, and by then more was being said so I missed it (and thus ended up being quieter than I would have liked).

With the above, I would have liked to have been given some free-roaming time to be able to sit with a few people behind masks and have a conversation. The idea of discussing things with people whom I have no clue of the identify is absolutely fascinating, and I'm quite sad I didn't really get a chance to explore that here. I hope in the future such things happen again to allow it, though!

The drinking game ended up getting full quite quick, and several people were unable to play. While we all did end up getting gift bags (though some people were missed) since the box broke a bit, it did make it difficult to really get a chance to participate in some ways. I'm sure both games were probably new and it was understood there'd be some kinks - that's fine, of course.

Custom emotes also being hidden by masks. I'm not sure if this was technically possible or not (as in, I'm not sure if it was just a timeframe issue perhaps), but it would be lovely for the future!

Otherwise all aspects of the ball were exceptionally interesting and quite entertaining. I'm also very curious about this mark nonsense and what may happen from here. Thanks again, admin, for a really stunning new event - between that and the carnival, you guys have really gone all out for a holiday that is usually a bit on the bland side. :) Major, major kudos.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • RuthRuth Singapore
    edited October 2014
    I enjoyed poking fun at and dancing with people not of my faction (who would usually kill me) that went to the Ball. It was fun trying to identify who was behind each mask and I enjoyed the food and drinks planned for it. I had a load of fun, and it was well-timed for something 2 hours. I had to AFK for the goblet drinking game unfortunately, because work came in.

More of such events please!

"Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• KayeilKayeil Washington State
    Considering my wedding is soon, I just hope this mark doesn't make me vomit and crave to eat my wedding guests throughout. Though, it could certainly make for an even more memorable event in a really unexpected, and unplanned manner.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Adding my thanks to the above.

Tiny little mini-rant - Timezones - the event starting at midnight local time during the week is hard. I gave up towards 2am, had to get up at 6 with the kids... suffering at work today. Got the giftbag, missed the rest.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    So much, much, much love to Whoever was controlling my pet goat just now <3 That was very sweet.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• <wrong thread>
    As I see there isn't any word about this yet; but, I think, that Mhaldor would be great with only ONE house. Not two. As we have all been houseless it seems like we are working more as one. It's a good idea but I understand that since we've already pulled the trigger for two houses that there's no stopping now. I'm just saying, I see why the second house is available <for those who don't necessarily agree with the brashness of the primary house> though the second house would ultimately over time be deemed ineffecient towards the benefit of the Mhaldorian whole.

• Yeah. If there was just one house, it would be more consequential to have no house at all.

• Have to agree that Targossas is a ton of fun these days.  So many cool things going on, and lots of people working hard to keep it that way.

• AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Raves to the fresh blood. Only recently got play with players like @Ivis, @Gerwulf, @Addama but they are quick learners and do simple things (but the right things) like follow quickly and survive ont heir own.

Also raves to admin for finally making earrings reasonable.  A lot more fun fighting without loltravel even if this devalued my own 7 earrings and will result in more personal deaths.
  • @Gerwulf is beastmode
    ~Kresslack's obsession~
  • Addama said:
    @Gerwulf is beastmode
    One day when I grow up, I want to be like @Gerwulf :smiley: