The Bal'met event

Comments

• So Mhaldor..... -nudge nudge wink wink-
  • Dammit, I missed the Pentharian x Apollyon event.

• edited November 2012
    Someone a few pages back asked "Where fore art thou Neraeos?"

I sent him home, told Him to lock the door and not to unlock it again until I come around and give him the secret password so He knows it's me and not some daemon sent to lure Him out
  • UNLESS THE DAEMON WAS ALREADY IN THE HOUSE THE ENTIRE TIME. 

Bad end. ;_;

• SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    edited November 2012

• Lodi said:
    Sohl said:
    Haha, Mhaldor thought they were getting active gods again.

So cute.
    Wow... so far I haven't seen any Mhaldorian players being OOC jerks when it comes to other peoples Gods dieing (I could be wrong though). But then, as soon as a Mhaldorian God dies, I see this... It really tells you where the quality is in this game. :(

@Sohl: Dude, my Gods just died, saying shit like that is NOT cool!
    I've had to deal with a slew of people giving me shit ICly and OOCly about Miramar dying from Mhaldorians. I took a break from the game for a day because it was so dumb.

• Kind of a late question, but how are y'all pronouncing Bal'met? I see it as Ball-mett, but I have a horrible pen-chance for mispronouncing names. It occurred to me that it could easily be Ball-may or even Bah-may. Or probably some other pronunciation I haven't thought of. 
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    *penchant
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • I just pronounce it Bal-Met, ya know?
  • @Jacen I pronounce it Bahl-mett (the a sound being like the a in "ack" rather than the a sound in "aw").
  • Trey said:
    Cooper said:
    Lodi said:
    Sohl said:

So cute.
    Wow... so far I haven't seen any Mhaldorian players being OOC jerks when it comes to other peoples Gods dieing (I could be wrong though). But then, as soon as a Mhaldorian God dies, I see this... It really tells you where the quality is in this game. :(

I've had to deal with a slew of people giving me shit ICly and OOCly about Miramar dying from Mhaldorians. I took a break from the game for a day because it was so dumb.
    So really, someone doing the same to the other side is kind of like poetic Justice for you?

Looks like Miramar had the last laugh.

• Jonathin said:
    *penchant
    That's what I get for using words outside my vocabulary, then trusting spell check when it gets a squiggly line under it :/
  • LothienLothien Montréal, Québec
    I shouldn't have complained about this event at all. I'm totally in love. Sorry, everyone!
  • Aepas said:
    Does anyone see penth's actions to be a bit over the top in brutality? I honestly don't know much about his order, but here is what I saw happening.

You could even say Pentharian did Apollyon a favor, having him suffer intense pain before killing him

Delphinus said:

Surely, you mean

I'd think that the power claw would have put Horus'sApollyon's eye out before he could push in the ruby.

• JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    Jacen said:
    Jonathin said:
    *penchant
    That's what I get for using words outside my vocabulary, then trusting spell check when it gets a squiggly line under it :/
    No worries mate, correction is what helps build that vocabulary. :)
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • My love for Achaea is renewed :)
  • DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen
    Synbios said:
    UNLESS THE DAEMON WAS ALREADY IN THE HOUSE THE ENTIRE TIME. 

Bad end. ;_;
    Then who was phone?!
  • No big loss. Haven't had an Apples since Cypragate.

Keep going. Plenty of other useless divine characters to cull.

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    And everything is back to normal in Mhaldor, except a third of them just lost the right to lead. Woohoo

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • I'll just pop in for a moment. It's been a while since I've commented here.

First, the Mhaldorians have been very, very mature in this situation. So props to them. They're putting up with a lot.

Second, and the meat of my thoughts, this entire event has been epic. Active Gods are getting killed off, we've a clear villan, and everyone has been affected in some way. I can only imagine the amount of work and coordination that must be going on behind the scenes, so good stuff to the admin as well. It's felt like that the only thing the players could do at times is just sit and watch. It's a basic thing I've noted in most events in general, actually. I don't blame the administration, though. It's hard to run an event where X number of players could walk in and change the outcome.

I'll stop here, as I'm starting to go off on dumb tangents. But it's good to see such a worldshaking event happen in a setting I still remember having fun times with. Keep on being awesome.
  • Rangor said:
    Best thing ever is when your inactive gods becomes active again, or there's an epic RP event where the God dies and your character has to adapt. 

RIP Gaia and Demeter :)
    Edited so I can agree. ;)

- To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    - Let me get my hat and my knife
    - It's your apple, take a bite
    - Don't dream it ... be it

• Tvistor said:
    I feel so bad for Suffering members. They thought someone loved them for a brief moment.
    No need to feel sorry. This enhances their ability to suffer.

Okay! Okay! I do feel for all who have lost their God or Goddess. I know I would be devastated if I lost mine.

- To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    - Let me get my hat and my knife
    - It's your apple, take a bite
    - Don't dream it ... be it

• KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    edited November 2012
    Tahquil said:
    Someone a few pages back asked "Where fore art thou Neraeos?"

Someone a few pages back doesn't know what "wherefore" means.

EDIT: Oh, wait. No, actually, it's just you who doesn't.

• Kinilan said:
    No big loss. Haven't had an Apples since Cypragate.

Keep going. Plenty of other useless divine characters to cull.

@Kinilan ... That's somewhat callous.
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • Cooper said:
    Lodi said:
    Sohl said:

So cute.

Wow, really sorry to hear that dude. As I said in my original post, I knew I could have been wrong :)
    I won a competition awhile ago to have Chris Bourassa paint a picture of Lodi. My profile pic is the end product. :)