The Bal'met event

Comments

• Kinilan said:
     I'm just waiting for Bal'met to pull off his mask and reveal himself to be Slith. Would fit well with another event where Mhaldor teams up with the not Evil antagonist for no other reason than "because".

Mass pruning of the Garden is interesting though. If long over due.
    And then Aegis could kill him? XP
  • I'd forgotten about Slith...
  • Just give me Hermes back and nobody has to get hurt. 
  • VayneVayne Rhode Island
    edited November 2012
    GO PENT!
    Damn, that was brutal!
  • SherazadSherazad Planef Urth
    edited November 2012
    13:52:10me
    omg what if they kill apples this way

A chill silence falls over the world as the Suffering God falls, cut down at the last by Valour. 4295h, 4242m, 19750e, 22450w cexkdb-13:53:37:950

Totally called it D:

Bleh, work ate my gaming life.
    내가 제일 잘 나가!!!111!!1

• Log please, for those of us that can't be around!
  • edited November 2012
    Pointing one gleaming sword in the direction of Mhaldor, Pentharian sheathes His weapons, turns His back on the lingering haze, and strides away from the battlefield.
    Badass.

People definitely called this. Can't wait to see what happens next!

Again, my sympathies to people in the order. Evil, Good, and Nature have lost patrons. Babel must be next, right? RIGHT?

• Aliath said:
    Tanris said:

@Corruption:
    Well, its not really surprising. The fact that we can reverse corruption at all is a huge blessing, and something which was an enormous rallying point for a lot of people's characters. Before that it seemed completely hopeless, as a single failure spelled the loss of a shrine permanently. The unveiling that there is a way (if difficult) to cleanse that corruption was one of the best timed and well revealed parts of the event so far, in my opinion. It gave an impression that there was a way to fight back, if only barely.

Ironically I tried to purify it before it was revealed how, guessing the exact verb can be a bit of a pain at times
    Yeah, more than a few of us tried that, I suspect. But I also suspect that even if we had stumbled upon the syntax which is now working, it would not have worked "then."

Was fun to try many different things, however.

- To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    - Let me get my hat and my knife
    - It's your apple, take a bite
    - Don't dream it ... be it

Nice Eye Scream they added there.
    내가 제일 잘 나가!!!111!!1

• Silas said:
    Man, that was awesome. I expected that to go so badly, haha.
    Someone's down 100k.
    Saeva said:
    If Mathonwy is 2006 I wish 2007 had never come.
    Xenomorph said:
    heh. Mathowned.
    Message #12872 Sent by Jurixe
    4/16/0:41
    MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.
    Silas said:
    Man, that was awesome. I expected that to go so badly, haha.
    I was thinking if someone's gotta die, it's Apples for the sake of balance.
    내가 제일 잘 나가!!!111!!1

• I had a feeling about it. But, it was mostly because of how hubristic the Evil gods have been acting. Start saying you're better than other gods that are your equals and you're going to get your come-upance.
  • RuthRuth Singapore
    edited November 2012
    I like where this is going. Penth is epic but Shaitan is awesome.
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

Nicia said:
    I had a feeling about it. But, it was mostly because of how hubristic the Evil gods have been acting. Start saying you're better than other gods that are your equals and you're going to get your come-upance.
    They seem like they were really setting Apples up for that, lol.
    내가 제일 잘 나가!!!111!!1

• Yea, I kinda liked Apples...even though he scared the hell out of me. Too bad. Sorry for all the hardcore Apollyon Order people, that's rough :/
  • Was awesome! I expected it to go badly as well but it was intense. Grats to Penth and Apples for a duel well played out.

I did cringe at all the Shallam CT bead pulling madness though, I am sure some divine player is lolling like hell that they managed to get something so silly put in and being used.

All in all a great piece in the event so far

• That might be the first time in recent history that I've wholly rooted for the light. But unfailingly, the Evil dude's 'tude was superior. R.I.P. BAMF.
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • VayneVayne Rhode Island
    The masochistic air he had about him combined with Pent's brutal slaughter of him was awesome, and I mean I was actually in awe.
  • My gods gonna kick your gods ass.

• Vayne said:
    The masochistic air he had about him combined with Pent's brutal slaughter of him was awesome, and I mean I was actually in awe.
    Agreed, it was very much in His character as it should be.

- To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    - Let me get my hat and my knife
    - It's your apple, take a bite
    - Don't dream it ... be it