The Bal'met event

Comments

• Sylvance said:
    Kinilan said:
    No big loss. Haven't had an Apples since Cypragate.

Keep going. Plenty of other useless divine characters to cull.

@Kinilan ... That's somewhat callous.
    Sorry I don't care about a character that hasn't been played in almost a year.
  • Damn, I'm really missing all the good stuff here!!
  • VayneVayne Rhode Island
    Hashan has not lost anyone...yet. Oh no, I jinxed it.
  • Evidently, the Temples have no ontological inertia.

And I didn't even link it. Thank me.
  • VayneVayne Rhode Island
    Thaumas said:
    My complaint is about the usual tendency to almost completely obliterate the memory of everything past, in this instance, dead gods. Was it really necessary to destroy the Ivory Temple? I don't know what else was destroyed in the process - libraries, priests, and everything, but I'd rather not have things vanish so completely for the sake of some "New Age". Having old stay is a chance to create rich layers of history, rather than the eternal present.
    Temples can be rebuilt, it is more a symbolic of the death of the God than the erasure of the entire realm it consisted of. The physical is gone but that does not mean all the idea are too. It's better that Ourania destroyed the Ivory Temple than it just disappearing like some of the others.
  • Kastalia's temple got a really nice aftermath. The temple disappeared, so to say, but its memory is now engrained in its environment, retaining it as a memorial of sorts.
  • Iocun said:
    Kastalia's temple got a really nice aftermath. The temple disappeared, so to say, but its memory is now engrained in its environment, retaining it as a memorial of sorts.
    Guess it's time for a trip to Meropis.
  • I think the way you have to look at it is that the realm of the divine is still intrinsically the same. It's sort of like the Shakespeare quote by Juliet, a rose by any other name. A new god with the same realm just is a new face to the same idea. So, remember, the idea itself is still alive if you make it that way. Live your IC lives intentionally and no divine realm need every die out.
  • edited November 2012
    Now I wish I would have been active again. Its going to be hard coming back without an order :(

Maybe I should come back just to read about this ic mmmmmm

Oh and props to the divines the event looked awesome even ooc.
  • Alyssea said:
    @Jacen I pronounce it Bahl-mett (the a sound being like the a in "ack" rather than the a sound in "aw").

Then you'd spell it Bal-MET.

'ah' in the middle suggests the 'ah' sound. Anyway yeah I'd put the emPHAsis on the second sylLABle.

I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • Xith said:
    ...sound. Anyway yeah I'd put the emPHAsis on the second sylLABle.
    I had thought of it with the stress on the first syllable. BALmet.
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Wynedere said:
    Why couldn't it have been Keresis instead :(
    When we saw Miramar and Pentharian go we knew we'd lose one :(

I don't think there are many active that would care if we lost Lorielan and probably Mithraea (on the "bright" side she's now active... for the time being?).
  • RuthRuth Singapore
    edited November 2012
    Activate Tagg grief.

Shaitan goan die. Keresis will remain our only God!
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• Ruth said:
    Activate Tagg grief. Shaitan goan die. Keresis will remain our only God!
    Or Mhaldor will get a wurm for patron, I hope not :(
  • Iocun said:
    Kastalia's temple got a really nice aftermath. The temple disappeared, so to say, but its memory is now engrained in its environment, retaining it as a memorial of sorts.

The Kastalian priest is still within Green Lake, too, as of right now, so it looks like they're not trying to totally eliminate all remnants of the fallen gods.
    (Party): Mizik says, "This can't possibly go wrong."
  • I feel like the only person in town who likes the mayor or something... all the Keresis hate makes me feel bad.
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    everyone dies in the end except Keresis and Tagg.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Mystara said:
    Still tempted to just walk up to a Mhaldorian and say "something something something dark side, something something something Bal'met, we get it you're evil shut up already." From an RP standpoint that's pretty lame though. Funny though. :D
    Why did you actually do this?  You said yourself how stupid of an idea it was.

• Cahin said:
    Mystara said:
    Still tempted to just walk up to a Mhaldorian and say "something something something dark side, something something something Bal'met, we get it you're evil shut up already." From an RP standpoint that's pretty lame though. Funny though. :D
    I'd like you to take a moment and look at who you quoted before asking that question again, good sir.

• Skye said:
    ....hatched from some secret egg spawned by Ashaxei x Han-Tolneth love (I dunno, stranger things have happened)....
    I can hear the sound of a thousand fan boys reaching for their pens to begin this OTP.
    Sounds like some hot Skitty on Wailord action, there.
  • Trey said:
    Cahin said:
    Mystara said:
    I'd like you to take a moment and look at who you quoted before asking that question again, good sir.
    -facepalm-
  • Synbios said:
    UNLESS THE DAEMON WAS ALREADY IN THE HOUSE THE ENTIRE TIME. 

Bad end. ;_;
    HOW CAN YOU PLAN TO ESCAPE HIM WHEN HE'S ALREADY THERE?

(yes, this is a page late, but not very good obscure jokes have no timeframe)
  • Can't kill Pandora. She's like the honorary jester patron and we're supposed to be good at getting out of sticky situations.

My money's on She saves the day with some formidable mischief.

I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.