The Bal'met event

edited November 2012 in North of Thera
So, deathsight's been on and off faster than a whore's undergarments this evening.  Gods dying. Constant raids.  Shrines being perma-dusted.  

When folks asked for Achaea to be made to feel less safe, is this the pulse-raising, sphincter-twitching kind of excitement they were asking for?

As a character with little interest in PK (and my alt isn't ready to join in the fun yet!), Sylv's been totally uninvolved in this event, so I just wonder how it's playing out for the rest of y'all?

Thread title edited in the interest of civility and on-topic goodness.

--Love, your friendly neighborhood moderation team.
Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
I take my hat off to you.

Comments

• Loving it.
  • I'm digging it.  I haven't done anything combat wise.  Alt's got a threat tho, so I'm happy as all shiznit about that.  And I have been able to involve novices a bit, by asking for help finding shrines and whatnot.

I love everything about this.  Sad that I lost Hermes, but changes are good, the story is good and fun as hell to watch.  
  • It's awesome. The more of it I'm on for, and the more of it I miss and then hear about, the more I become certain I'm going to wreck myself trying to be around for ALL of it.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • I feel sorry for people who put time, effort, and lots of e-monies into divine orders only for all of it to end up wasted. At the very least, it's dissuaded me from wanting to join orders.

The event is very intriguing, though, and I love reading about it. Really looking forward to what happens next.

• Tilly said:
    I feel sorry for people who put time, effort, and lots of e-monies into divine orders only for all of it to end up wasted. At the very least, it's dissuaded me from wanting to join orders.

The event is very intriguing, though, and I love reading about it. Really looking forward to what happens next.
    I don't think the gods will remain permadead... Honestly I don't.
  • Sylvance said:
    Tilly said:
    I feel sorry for people who put time, effort, and lots of e-monies into divine orders only for all of it to end up wasted. At the very least, it's dissuaded me from wanting to join orders.

I don't think the gods will remain permadead... Honestly I don't.

I think they will, I honestly hope they do actually. I don't think they would go to the trouble of deleting their honours and removing them from HELP GODS if it wasn't meant to be permanent (On that note, the pentad is down to three gods, what happened to Tecton? D:). It's nice to see some monumentally game changing things like the deaths of gods happen, and it would be kinda boring to just have everything go back to normal because we somehow kill Bal'met/he explodes from eating too many other gods.

I just hope we don't end up going the Imperian route and kill them all.

• edited November 2012
    I like the event, and I'm very glad the admin have created such a game-changing one at that. It's just unfortunate that it affected me. (for now. I have faith that this isn't going to end in 'well, gods died, have fun').

• Didn't realise they were gone from HELP GODS. I can't quite figure out the reasoning behind that...
  • @Shunsui Wow, I didn't even realize they deleted the deceased divine from HELP GODS already until you mentioned it.

• They still exist in HELP MATSUHAMA and stuff like that though.  Their own individual help files exist.
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    edited November 2012
    I'm 50/50 with it. I wish there was more we could do rather than clean up in the aftermath. Hermes dying made me a little sad, but then while I was watching Avatar for no reason other than it was the only movie sitting with arm's reach, I realized that it's kind of like when 'home tree' was destroyed. 

It's always darkest before dawn kind of thing. Then again, there could be no proverbial dawn, so it kind of keeps the suspense going.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • Well, they wouldn't just up and delete all traces of them like they never existed to begin with.

But yes, I agree with the hope that they do stay gone. Excited to see what the over-all plan is, it's amazing to watch this kind of change in a game regarded as extremely static.
  • Is Lupus dead or not? His shrines seem gone, but He is still in Help Gods.

I still have never seen an ormyrr, but I am very entertained just seeing what others do. There is some action.
  • Sylvance said:
    When folks asked for Achaea to be made to feel less safe, is this the pulse-raising, sphincter-twitching kind of excitement they were asking for?
    Haven't really felt any excitement over this yet, tried with the embers, but all I got out of that was over 100 deaths so the 'feeling less safe' kinda just went up in smoke, just gonna die again. So same old (Taken up to 11 to hit Gods/invincible denizens), except this time it's against a foe you really can't do squat about. That's probably just me though.

• AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Lupus, Pandora and Pentharian are injured not dead.
  • Lupus is still alive, but as far as I can tell some Orders have taken to removing shrines so they can't be corrupted.

Honors Lupus to see.
  • The "feeling less safe" must be very subjective and some big players might need something invincible, like what I hear of hordes of ormyrr. I still keep dying just by walking around now and then. Did this to sharks a moment ago.
  • I feel bad for the people who are losing their orders.  However, I think this is probably one of the most exciting events that I have ever been in.  I have been able to take my character in a new direction. 

I would say that orders are worth it, though.  Even if they may one day be gone, as is the way with Divine, you will always have the memories of being there. 
  • I'd probably have felt it more exciting if I could somehow have tried to protect Ashaxei / The Gods. But so far all we can really do is PK Mhaldor (which I don't find particularly funny), kill Ormyrr (Which will lead back to PK Mhaldor) or stand on the side lines and just look. Only time so far I haven't just gone  :-/ was when the 5 Divine raided Krenindala and Daedalus threw Dala'myrr into space which made me go  :)>- :)) B-) ^:)^, then it blew up and I went  :-O #-o >:P

Guess we'll see where we go from here.

• VayneVayne Rhode Island
    This event has been quite tense in my opinion, it has a deep foreboding feeling to it especially now that no God is safe. I can understand how some do not feel they are involved with the events, but I would rather applaud those taking the initiative to step out and do something, anything amid this. I commend those who have given speeches, held meetings, etc.
  • edited November 2012
    This is the first event that I've seen, and I'm not really enjoying it so far :(

There hasn't really been anything for the non-Mhaldorian players to do, excluding the one person at a time who was allowed to drag corpses from the big pile a long while ago, or the occasional raids on Mhaldor which won't have any actual impact on things. I understand that things may need to go in a certain direction, but there isn't even a pretense of letting the players feel like they're swaying things. You can't even take down the shrines of Bal'met that are up. There is no event organized for the Orders that are being disbanded to try and save their Gods, even if in vain, or to try and nurse the injured ones back to health, even if in vain. You pretty much just wait until the Gods log on so you can learn who is getting deleted next, followed by the remaining ones urging you to raid Mhaldor.

The Mhaldorians are very slightly better off, given that they actually get to corrupt shrines and meet the quota that the alliance demands, but for the rest of us it's pretty much just hurry up and wait.

Edit: As for feeling less safe, I think it sort of missed the mark. I can go to the vast majority of the world and be perfectly fine, without any risk to my safety at all, but some parts of the world will kill me instantly. That's essentially no different than it was before, only the amount of places that I can't go has increased. It doesn't make the 'safe areas' carry small potential risk to them like thievery supposedly carried, it just creates more Big-Z or Belladonna like areas where you avoid entirely if you're not a dragon.
  • You can count on me, Iocun! Let's defile something together...though we should learn first how to run. :D
  • NizarisNizaris The Holy City of Mhaldor
    Wow. Just went and did something I never thought that I would have Nizaris do because of the OOC inconvenience: get himself enemied to every city in Sapience, other than Mhaldor. I'm a little shocked, but not in a bad way.

Will be interesting to see how this plays out with his mother.
  • Rovelda said:
    You can count on me, Iocun! Let's defile something together...though we should learn first how to run. :D
    But the only reason I defile is so people will come and start a fight! Running is counterproductive in that respect!
  • Iocun said:
    Rovelda said:
    You can count on me, Iocun! Let's defile something together...though we should learn first how to run. :D
    But the only reason I defile is so people will come and start a fight! Running is counterproductive in that respect!
    Up to now, I only wanted to run but didn't succeed at it. Fighting would be too much for me. :D