The Bal'met event

Comments

• Rovelda said:
    Iocun said:
    Rovelda said:
    You can count on me, Iocun! Let's defile something together...though we should learn first how to run. :D
    But the only reason I defile is so people will come and start a fight! Running is counterproductive in that respect!
    Up to now, I only wanted to run but didn't succeed at it. Fighting would be too much for me. :D
    It's fine, we can still team up! You hunt for corpses, I defile. I'm fine with everything that comes after the defilement, but the hunting is annoying.
  • edited November 2012
    Iocun said:
    Rovelda said:
    Iocun said:
    Rovelda said:
    You can count on me, Iocun! Let's defile something together...though we should learn first how to run. :D
    But the only reason I defile is so people will come and start a fight! Running is counterproductive in that respect!
    Up to now, I only wanted to run but didn't succeed at it. Fighting would be too much for me. :D
    It's fine, we can still team up! You hunt for corpses, I defile. I'm fine with everything that comes after the defilement, but the hunting is annoying.
    Deal! I hunt a lot!

Edit: And that is why I got to wonder about shrines...all these gnoll corpses. I try to sanctify some, but all are full, so defiling looked at some point like much better.
  • edited November 2012
    I'm of two minds on this. On one hand, I do agree that the fact player actions are limited is a bit frustrating, especially with the atmosphere going around and lots of characters wanting to implode (or explode) as the case may be. But, yeah, it would be interesting to see more things going around for non-Mhaldorians to at least ease all that pressure, especially for the noncombatants.

On the other hand, I do also feel engaged because the atmosphere has allowed my character the chance to do a number new things he's never done before like raiding or posting in the public boards. It's also provided an incredible and dramatic backdrop for what I believe to be (in my biased opinion) one of the best in game weddings ever. :P

But I also realized that Kaden's at the point in his life where lots of stuff has just been unlocked for him in terms of opportunities what with being in an Order with an incredible Divine player and having just gotten Dragon...so I realize it may be a 'your mileage may vary' kind of thing.

Also: @Iocun a number of Cyrenians are in a fighting mood. Just ask around.
  • Kaden said:
    Hrm, perhaps I'm underestimating this, yeah. It'll still be hard to have enough people to go against the full Mhaldorian force though.

But there's always timezone abuse!
  • CrathenCrathen Ireland
    edited November 2012

Iocun said:
    Kaden said:
    Hrm, perhaps I'm underestimating this, yeah. It'll still be hard to have enough people to go against the full Mhaldorian force though.

But there's sometimes timezone abuse!

ftfy. You obviously don't get timezone abuse.
  • You're always abusing someone's timezone, duh.
  • SherazadSherazad Planef Urth
    This event brought supposedly dormant people back. 

Hell, even throwaway alts came back.

Bleh, work ate my gaming life.
    내가 제일 잘 나가!!!111!!1

• @Iocun

Yeah, I tried to ask if you wanted help and got turned down. Friz doesn't mind dying, y'know!
  • I don't really remember what I was doing when you were asking, so I'm not sure why I declined. But it's kind of an all-or-nothing thing. Either go on hopeless solo missions or go -really- in with a powerful group, with a plan and all. I'm not a leader though, so I'd absolutely suck at organizing that myself.
  • I am really liking this event even though I haven't been able to participate in it much. But there are a lot of chances for character development especially with those who have had their orders dissolved. I liked watching or interacting with them to see how they felt, some were angry, some depressed, others just confused. Can't wait to see more, and the deathsights have been so obnoxious lately :P
  • RuthRuth Singapore
    I'm liking the event thus far. In the Mhaldorian POV, it seems as if the challenges actually motivated people to come around and contribute instead of standing around and doing nothing. I see more people willing to follow leaders to the death or further if need be.

I also get to experience what it's like on the other side, having lost the divine they follow, thanks to the people in the opposing cities who make me feel what they're feeling through spurts of RP,

Looking forward to see what more there is.
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• Still tempted to just walk up to a Mhaldorian and say "something something something dark side, something something something Bal'met, we get it you're evil shut up already." From an RP standpoint that's pretty lame though. Funny though. :D
    "I keep having these weird thoughts lately, like is any of this for real..or not?"
  • SherazadSherazad Planef Urth
    Mystara said:
    Still tempted to just walk up to a Mhaldorian and say "something something something dark side, something something something Bal'met, we get it you're evil shut up already." From an RP standpoint that's pretty lame though. Funny though. :D
    That will be just weird. :S
    Bleh, work ate my gaming life.
    내가 제일 잘 나가!!!111!!1

• This event is very intense and definitely evokes that epic storyline feeling that so few games can accomplish these days. Few technical problems with Matsuhama dying (such as the library getting deleted with all the books in it, totems getting tuned against absolutely nothing, being unable to close the temple, and few member-specific things) but nothing that is gamebreaking. Only thing is I'm rather confused what direction to take Rean now, he was built around Matsuhama, haha.
  • I'd like to appeal to the Mhaldorian leadership and try to show them what a huge mistake they are making, but reading things on here, its sounds like the Mhaldorians are having the time of their lives, and I don't wanna mess that up. (Not that I'd change anything anways, looks like this event is stuck on its path)
  • Sherazad said:
    Mystara said:
    Still tempted to just walk up to a Mhaldorian and say "something something something dark side, something something something Bal'met, we get it you're evil shut up already." From an RP standpoint that's pretty lame though. Funny though. :D
    That will be just weird. :S
    I know. But still, I'm surprised no Mhaldorians have tried to lure anyone over with cookies. :<. "YESS COME TO MHALDOR, WE HAVE COOKIES!" I guess despite you know, everyone being dead and stuff I try to find the most amusing things out of strange events. Either all the Divine are going to die then Bal'met's going to go super evil and eat Mhaldor and then everything else, then get indigestion...or somehow all the dead Divine are going to come back to life, we write this off as a bad case of PMS and the Divine all sit up by a campfire and roast marshmallows..or mortals.
    "I keep having these weird thoughts lately, like is any of this for real..or not?"
  • It's definitely awesome to see Mhaldor getting so much more activity out of this, and it sounds like their players are having a lot of fun with it too.
  • edited November 2012
    Jhui said:
    awesome event.  Fun fighting alongside other factions and seeing how they operate.  Shoutouts to everyone ( @Sothantos @Darroth @Tirac @Dontarion @Carmain @Rangor ) that have to lead large groups around during these huge raids. It's not easy being the primary target while also having to coordinate everyone.  I think everyone has a great attitude so far (save a select few) and hope the mayhem continues for a while without any bitching no matter how bad one side or the other has it.
    Didn't do much leading at all to deserve recognition, still got targeted like a bitch though heh. Praise to Sothantos for dealing with that, even if he just kamikazi'd the group at times

spelling
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    The event is cool enough that I'm neglecting my other online duties >_>  My GM is totally nagging me to finish my crap because he's waiting on my  RP posts all angry :(

• current game events remind me daily why i think i should quit my job.

good job so far, admin! keep it up!

• Sylvance said:
    Tilly said:
    I feel sorry for people who put time, effort, and lots of e-monies into divine orders only for all of it to end up wasted. At the very least, it's dissuaded me from wanting to join orders.

The event is very intriguing, though, and I love reading about it. Really looking forward to what happens next.
    I don't think the gods will remain permadead... Honestly I don't.
    I do - but I would like to think that if my God died (no! None I love must die! None!) that I would RP my distress (Prythe did lose Gaia, after all..., before the age of 18, and spent many of her early years seeking Her) and retain the fond items as tokens of memories.

- To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    - Let me get my hat and my knife
    - It's your apple, take a bite
    - Don't dream it ... be it

• Tanris said:
    Loving it so far. (Don't die Babel plz, I'm not sure I could rp an emo convincingly.)
    Wouldn't Babel's dea
    Lucine said:
    I feel bad for the people who are losing their orders.  However, I think this is probably one of the most exciting events that I have ever been in.  I have been able to take my character in a new direction. 

I would say that orders are worth it, though.  Even if they may one day be gone, as is the way with Divine, you will always have the memories of being there. 
    My little Warrior who Could! ;)

- To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    - Let me get my hat and my knife
    - It's your apple, take a bite
    - Don't dream it ... be it

• KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Vayne said:
    This event has been quite tense in my opinion, it has a deep foreboding feeling to it especially now that no God is safe.
    Tarah is safe as long as she doesn't come back from birdwatching.
  • The event would be cooler if it wasn't so "Mhaldor wins", I'd say. The problem is, there's more or less literally nothing mortal players can do to help their gods in any way. Instead, you sit back, your whole body tensing, wondering if your RP is going to be f***ed. That isn't a good feeling, being totally honest.

Being a cityless player too...nothing you can really do. Just saying.
  • Great event, even though I was never around for it. Removing quite large number of inactive gods was also a great step in forward. Many players attached to dormant orders/gods, this gives them opportunity to advance without breaking oaths and the like.
  • I'm a little sad because I was long overdue for a TF from Hermes. Aside from that, I'm pretty excited about where this might end.
  • Nicia said:
    The event would be cooler if it wasn't so "Mhaldor wins"
    I don't understand the problem.