The Bal'met event

Comments

• It is (hopefully) too early to comment on whether or not the various temples should have died with the gods - that will surely be handled appropriately in time. For instance, when Mhaldor gets a genuinely active and invested god (lol :() maybe he or she will open up the ivory temple and apples temple proper, or just restore the libraries or something.

Or the loss of all that lore and e-history could be seen as being a fair trade for getting rid of a few of the more poisonous god roles. Too early to tell, I guess.
  • Looks like now with the shrine cleansing available most of the Bal'met shrines are wiped out along with quite a handful of Lord Shaitan shrines. Hope the event concludes soon... Been dragging a little way too long
  • RuthRuth Singapore
    :o Really? Guess I should not slack off so much then!
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• edited November 2012
    You can get bal'met or bal'met fused with shaitan for your new divine depending on whether shaitan dies. But there's also the chance bal bal will die and you'll be stuck with one god.

the former sounds cooler.
  • edited November 2012
    Jurixe said:

Also the Dala'myrr, please let us keep the Dala'myrr. :X

Every day sends future to past 
    Every breath leaves me one less to my last
  • Ruth said:
    :o Really? Guess I should not slack off so much then!
    Well earlier on every city had people with embers but no shrine to cleanse... Afterall Hashan, Ashtan, Cyrene, Shallam and Eleusis would logically cleanse shrines faster together as compared to Mhaldor corrupting alone. 

I doubt the Dala'myrr will stay since the only way it stays is if Bal'met stays. That might mean corruption and cleansing stays for a long time. Also the Flame problem isn't solved yet
  • NizarisNizaris The Holy City of Mhaldor
    @Jurixe: I don't really want a new Shaitan. We've got him and his realm, and it makes sense for the combat-types. What I really want is another God similar to Apollyon that allows more creativity so that we can have more Lodi's, Cypra's, etc. I want a subtly Evil god to replace Apollyon, rather than another overtly Evil one to go alongside Shaitan. It just caters to the RP needs of Mhaldorian characters more fully.
  • @Delphinus: I'm kind of terrible at mythology, but didn't Loki essentially start out silly (I dunno if he was slapstick, but he seemed pretty comic relief in the older stories, at least to me) too, and evolved into basically what you're describing as time went on? Hopefully Pandora takes the same route, and while she's at it, drags Jesters along with her, or something.
  • IIRC, in the origional stories Loki was a friend to mostly everyone, then he started to irritate people and it all went downhill from there.

Not sure I want Pandora to be the catalyst for the end of the world, but more seriousness would be fine.
  • edited November 2012
    I'm interested to see a pure Oppression Mhaldor. A strangely huge amount of Mhaldorians have been able to get to a high CR without any notable combat skill. Strength of the mind is all well and fine, but one of the Truths says combat is vital. I'd hardly excuse myself from the ranks of those who don't know much about combat, but I am doing my best to learn at the moment.

I also understand perfectly well that not everyone wants to learn combat and it'd be silly to force everyone into it. The hypocrisy is just very confusing to observe in game. Take for example, Daeven. He's ranked a slave, but could probably cut through the vast majority of Mhaldorians, meaning many of his superiors are only superior in the sense they have a larger number on CWHO.

Learning about Evil also isn't precisely something you need a degree in. The Seven Truths are spectacularly simple to understand, and while it is possible to debate endlessly about how X does Y, and why Shaitan said Z, as far as actually taking action goes, the path forwards is generally extremely clear. Because of that, a slave can sometimes speak just as eloquently as a superior, fight more fiercely in some cases, but still be an inferior by convention. (assuming they don't RP by getting things wrong deliberately)

DIE AODFIONN, DIE.
  • AodfionnAodfionn Seattle, WA

As a slightly off-topic note, does anyone else think the pictures of the Dala'myrr look like the sandworms from the Dune books had a steampunk baby?

Aurora says, "Are you drunk, Aodfionn?"
  • AodfionnAodfionn Seattle, WA
    Oh crap. Sorry. Just getting back, new forums are confusing...
    Aurora says, "Are you drunk, Aodfionn?"
  • Cahin said:
    Mystara said:
    Still tempted to just walk up to a Mhaldorian and say "something something something dark side, something something something Bal'met, we get it you're evil shut up already." From an RP standpoint that's pretty lame though. Funny though. :D
    Why did you actually do this?  You said yourself how stupid of an idea it was.
    I know. I guess after a while I just couldn't take all the banter and lost my cool. -.- shoulda just turned off the board notifications. Hopefully it'll get buried. I'm not posting anything else. Landed me in enough trouble as is. So yeah, if you guys could just pretend I was having a bad moment and not mention it again, i'd appreciate it...
    "I keep having these weird thoughts lately, like is any of this for real..or not?"
  • VayneVayne Rhode Island
    Concerning the pruning of the Garden, if we look at the major axes of conflict I think I can make some predictions

Pentharian        VS Shaitan/Apollyon/Bal'met or Shaitan/Apollyon/Bal'met or Shaitan/Apollyon/Bal'met/Sartan
    Miramar            VS Keresis
    Mithrea             VS Twilight
    Babel               VS Blind Fools who cannot accept their fate
    Lupus/Artemis  VS Anyone who steps on a flower

• To this day I can't think of Lupus without thinking of autoimmune diseases.
  • OceanaOceana North Sea
    Vasool said:
    To this day I can't think of Lupus without thinking of autoimmune diseases.
    Do NOT Google Image this.... :/
  • Vayne said:

Concerning the pruning of the Garden, if we look at the major axes of conflict I think I can make some predictions

Pentharian        VS Shaitan/Apollyon/Bal'met or Shaitan/Apollyon/Bal'met or Shaitan/Apollyon/Bal'met/Sartan
    Miramar            VS Keresis
    Mithrea             VS Twilight
    Babel               VS Blind Fools who cannot accept their fate
    Lupus/Artemis  VS Anyone who steps on a flower

Why does everyone think Justice and Vengeance are opposites? :(
  • Good for Mhaldor to (hopefully) get an active and imposing god.

But now I just lost all RP reason to exist anymore, wtf do I do D:
  • Oh Sartan
    My free mudlet scripts can be had HERE.
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    Good days. So many good days.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • I was really hoping Sartan was on his way back. Good times.
  • edited November 2012
    I knew it would happen.

This is the first part of the event I'm actually glad about.
  • That is an absolutely badass shout prefix.
  • edited November 2012
    Things are moving so fast. I'm trying to get an art exhibition finished that reflects whats going on, but each time I get it done something changes and I have to create new work. Need to re-think everything again, but oh well! A small price to pay for having Lord Sartan back with us. :D

How do people think this is going to work out in regards to the ideological merger between Suffering and Oppression (which is apparently whats going to happen between the Orders)? I really hope the two theologies are going to continue, but just as a dual subdivision within Sartan's Order.

Edit: I also hope I keep my Order rank. :-bd
    I won a competition awhile ago to have Chris Bourassa paint a picture of Lodi. My profile pic is the end product. :)