The Bal'met event

Comments

• edited November 2012
    Just being able to kill people is nowhere near understanding the mechanics behind combat itself, and it's what separates those that know what they're doing from those that just button mash, rely on their system and hope for the best. While circumstance may hinder your actual participation in things like duels, spars and raids, those circumstances hardly keep you from taking up an interesting and learning your way around combat (So that when such circumstances lift, you can delve right in!).

Ninja'd.
  • The issue I have personally have is that someone could walk up to some Mhaldorians, drop their rebounding, keep sileris off and say "Lock me." whereupon said Mhaldorians will simply stand there unable to do a thing. That is just silly, and it requires a huge suspension of disbelief.

Understanding how instakills work and the very basics of combat is simple enough that it certainly isn't going to detract from Mhaldor's RP. It can only enhance it, really.
  • BabelBabel Oblivion
    This discussion has gotten thoroughly off-topic. If you'd like to discuss your worries about Mhaldor's combat-effectiveness, do so elsewhere. Thank you.

• edited November 2012
    [Was continuing to derail so deleted]
    I won a competition awhile ago to have Chris Bourassa paint a picture of Lodi. My profile pic is the end product. :)
  • edited November 2012
    [Edited for the anti-derailment police.]
  • Oh, Iocun. 

Take it there, I want to continue with it.
  • Or Sartan now ends up eating/absorbing old Bath'mat...
    I won a competition awhile ago to have Chris Bourassa paint a picture of Lodi. My profile pic is the end product. :)
  • Lodi said:
    Or Sartan now ends up eating/absorbing old Bath'mat...

I also imagined Sartan would also corrupt all those delicate little ormyrr into demonic things.

• It was a little irritating to lose Apollyon, however, as soon as it started I had a feeling he was going to lose. The reason for me being irritated is because Apollyon was the first I really joined for an Order and spent around two years in his Order. It was a rather fun realm to roleplay within in. 

That aside, I am ecstatic to see Sartan back. He was one of the gods that would make you want to run and hide underneath your bed whenever he stated something. (Trust me I was one of them, even while I was not playing a Mhaldorian). I also think having Sartan back is going to be very good for those who are currently playing in Mhaldor. (So long as the player behind Sartan doesn't quit quickly of course) 

I'm very anxious to find out what happens next with the event. In my opinion it just keeps getting better and better in regards to dynamics. 

• VayneVayne Rhode Island
    edited November 2012
    I feel like this should ease all you worried Adikoi:

11.46 Sartan, the Malevolent

Reborn amidst the merciless savagery of the world is Sartan, the Malevolent,
    the core of all Evil in Achaea.

Presiding as the merciless Overlord, Sartan manifests as the ultimate union of
    Oppression and Suffering; eerily balanced, remorseless, and cruel.
    Through the
    embodiment of the Seven Truths does He demand perfection, eagerly quenching His
    bloodlust on any who stand between Him and the inevitable dominion of Evil.

• I don't know why people think Shaitan ate Apollyon's corpse or whatever to become Sartan again. The impression I got was that with the death of his Brother Shaitan now suffered on par with Apollyon's great suffering which forced him to turn back into Sartan.

• The clouds flaying Shaitan looked more like Apollyon's essence forcefully absorbing into Shaitan, IMO.

• Draqoom said:
    I don't know why people think Shaitan ate Apollyon's corpse or whatever to become Sartan again. The impression I got was that with the death of his Brother Shaitan now suffered on par with Apollyon's great suffering which forced him to turn back into Sartan.
    Umm... do they? I sure don't :D
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    Whatever happened, it uninstalled Skype and now I can't communicate with anyone. How will I ever co-ordinate with anyone ever again?

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Time to raid, no Skype summons available.
  • I really hope something epic happens tonight...
  • AodfionnAodfionn Seattle, WA

@Tvistor

You die first, brah.

Aurora says, "Are you drunk, Aodfionn?"
  • NizarisNizaris The Holy City of Mhaldor
    Tvistor said:
    @Nizaris

I posted before Sartan was formed. We had just Shaitan at the time of that post.

@Tvistor: Ah. Didn't note the time stamp. Sorry about that.
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    edited November 2012
    Kinilan said:

Tagg said:

Good for Mhaldor to (hopefully) get an active and imposing god.

But now I just lost all RP reason to exist anymore, wtf do I do D:

Board a ship, sail to the West.

Surprised no one beat me. <3 Annie Lennox

I am still loving this event to death. But I will admit to wondering what Neraeos thinks of everything.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • clearly he's going to play a big part, he's been slaying sea monsters for the past 3 months
  • Sartan overpowers the other gods with the help of BahamutBal'met, and the world is prime for the taking, when suddenly, the merfolk come to the rescue, fresh from the end of their sea wars.

• The gods talk more smack to each other than the players.
    My free mudlet scripts can be had HERE.
  • they're allowed to be far more dirty about it too :(
  • When Xykon first started playing we got Qashar'd in Hashan. He was like 'Oh God, Silas is so gay' (Xykon is not homophobic, it is just one of those undesirable phrases in society).

Then he honours'd Silas and was like '...Ohhhhhh.' and felt like a jerk forevermore.
  • What Penwize said. Was hilarious but juvenile enough to detract from the gravity of events significantly.

But again, hilarious.
  • I think genuine banter is probably allowed on the player level as long as it doesn't become some form of "griefy". Pushing OOC buttons, that is.

As for the deities, pushing buttons that way is a test of composure and resolve. The first one to visibly stiffen loses, and in this case would lose faith from their mortals. I'd think this more common among the 'dominating' figures. It's like two rams butting horns in a field. Primal and sexy. Mwrow.

I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.