The Bal'met event

Comments

• Rofl, Xith. A mere 'lol' button does not express my amusement at that observation.
  • edited November 2012
    The part that I don't get was Sartan's first shout. At the time of the show, Mhaldor had just lost a bunch of fights and everyone was inside of Mhaldor.

• RuthRuth Singapore

Xith said:

I think genuine banter is probably allowed on the player level as long as it doesn't become some form of "griefy". Pushing OOC buttons, that is.

As for the deities, pushing buttons that way is a test of composure and resolve. The first one to visibly stiffen loses, and in this case would lose faith from their mortals. I'd think this more common among the 'dominating' figures. It's like two rams butting horns in a field. Primal and sexy. Mwrow.

I see what you did there.

Anyway, I think it was pointing at the fights we won over the previous few days.
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• I guess that makes sense. But with worldburn and stacks of ormyrr, it's not realistically possible to raid Mhaldor unless you bring 20+ people, the majority being dragons. Unless you can somehow get to an area that isn't covered by a shrine or ormyrr I guess.

• Tvistor said:
    What? Here's how it sounded to me.

*world shattering events occur*

"I killed your sister."

"I killed your brother."

"But you don't have genitals."

"I will let people use your head as a toilet."

"That's stupid."

"You're stupid and your brother was a chick."

*enter Scarlatti*

"I GET MORE WOMEN THAN YOU."
    That there is one of the reasons Kaden follows Scarlatti. :P
  • What did Scarlatti say?

In regards to the theme of the back and forth, you need to remember there are players behind the Divine, and sometimes things get adlibbed in the heat of the moment. Sometimes those things are amazing and sometimes they are less awesome.
    "Trust in me, Universe, I will deliver / the promise that no-one shall ever / set their mind to games or play / for Serious Order is the way. I will not rest until it is done; / rules will be made for everyone. / They will know Order and its graces - and just like me, all shall be Greyfaces." - The Heroes of Sapience, Act 5, Greyface.
  • edited November 2012
    Penwize said:
    The writing for this event has been top-notch up until this point.  Honestly, why did what should have been an epic back and forth of smack-talk between two powerful and dominating figures have to devolve into juvenile sexism and misogyny?  It could have been awesome, but I'm just left disappointed.  As an aside, as has been mentioned previously, if players made these sort of comments to people they'd be hit by the admin for intolerance (which Achaea's been pretty impressive about overall), so why is it allowed here?

If you really want to make an impact, they say a boycott is one of the best methods to get your point across. Hit the road, I'll help you pack.

Honestly, phenomenal job by the Garden and a big step forward in fact. I've seen nothing short of true top level conflict and head butting. This is to be commended and replicated by the player base. I hope that future conflict between the divine further cultivates shout level discussions such as the ones that we have seen.

I also hope that in the future that they really turn up the heat, dig down deep and provide a text based entertainment game some white hot fire, showing us even greater wordplay and insult  capability that will make me feel like a noodle armed choir boy in comparison.

Nothing wrong with having a set of balls forcing your way upon others. Darwinism in action, and at it's finest.

I -am- the Cataclysm Switchblade.
  • Synbios said:
    I'm perhaps one of the few who actually liked the verbal mudslinging between Pentharian and Sartan, low-blows and machismo included. Those kinds of exchanges really underscored how much contempt they have for each other, in my opinion.

Completely agree.

In a world that too often shoves the Disney aspect down your throat, the cold-hearted, brutal, -reality- aspect is a welcomed and encouraged sight.

Not only should they turn up the heat, keep the fire coming.

I -am- the Cataclysm Switchblade.
  • Yeah I do not get the complaining. The gods are too quiet. The gods are childish. People always find something to complain about.

• Xenomorph said:
    Synbios said:
    I'm perhaps one of the few who actually liked the verbal mudslinging between Pentharian and Sartan, low-blows and machismo included. Those kinds of exchanges really underscored how much contempt they have for each other, in my opinion.

Completely agree.

In a world that too often shoves the Disney aspect down your throat, the cold-hearted, brutal, -reality- aspect is a welcomed and encouraged sight.

Not only should they turn up the heat, keep the fire coming.

*Image is from Disney's Fantasia. I can totally see Sartan as looking like this.

• That's the thing. Gods in fantasy settings sometimes act like petty,powerhungry children. Expecting them to sit down and talk like adults is actually boring.

• Aerek said:
    Achaea's a Greek setting. Greek Gods were anything but mature, rational people. I suppose you could argue that such banter is "beneath" Pentharian as the God of Valour, but from what I know, Sartan's always had that willingness to sucker-punch you with off-handed insults. I like that the Gods are shouting again, letting us know that they're just as pissed as we are about what's going on, and it made me laugh to boot.

Then again, Pentharian was more than pissed when Miramar and co. died. Was pleasantly surprised that he can at least throw down some below-the-belt verbal jabs when pushed too far. 

• Synbios said:
    Aerek said:
    Achaea's a Greek setting. Greek Gods were anything but mature, rational people. I suppose you could argue that such banter is "beneath" Pentharian as the God of Valour, but from what I know, Sartan's always had that willingness to sucker-punch you with off-handed insults. I like that the Gods are shouting again, letting us know that they're just as pissed as we are about what's going on, and it made me laugh to boot.

Then again, Pentharian was more than pissed when Miramar and co. died. Was pleasantly surprised that he can at least throw down some below-the-belt verbal jabs when pushed too far. 
    Below the belt in more ways than with the offhanded comment made to Sartan...
    "Faded away like the stars in the morning,
     Losing their light in the glorious sun,
     Thus would we pass from this earth and its toiling,
     Only remembered for what we have done."

• Aerek said:
    Achaea's a Greek setting. Greek Gods were anything but mature, rational people. 
    by that logic, and Scarlatti's shouts....Scarlatti=Zeus? /:)

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    Greek Gods were also in favour of turning into animals to knock up their pretty ladies. We've yet to witness that!

No, I'm not volunteering. Not even for more two-headed ogre spawn.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• edited November 2012
    Kyrra said:
    Greek Gods were also in favour of turning into animals to knock up their pretty ladies. We've yet to witness that!

No, I'm not volunteering. Not even for more two-headed ogre spawn.

Maggots count as animals, so...

EDIT: Oh wait, you were talking about gods turning into animals, not gods turning humans into animals. Oops.

• SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    edited November 2012
    By the way, who's the trashtalking Wyrd in the log? Pentharian's pet? :S

And speaking of trashtalking, I just thought I'd share this totally irrelevant log that shows you how true trash-talking is done, Achaea style.

• Skye said:
    By the way, who's the trashtalking Wyrd in the log? Pentharian's pet? :S
    Ourania I think.
  • Penwize said:
    The writing for this event has been top-notch up until this point.  Honestly, why did what should have been an epic back and forth of smack-talk between two powerful and dominating figures have to devolve into juvenile sexism and misogyny?  It could have been awesome, but I'm just left disappointed.  As an aside, as has been mentioned previously, if players made these sort of comments to people they'd be hit by the admin for intolerance (which Achaea's been pretty impressive about overall), so why is it allowed here?
    BAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.  TELNET:30.1.5.1781 The Disney MUD!

Here penwize, let me ...-gets out a hankey-  blow your nose honey!  Do not cry now, there there.  -Burps him-

• To be honest, a large part of me hopes it just kills the scaly gentlemen.

• Anaidiana said:
    Aerek said:
    Achaea's a Greek setting. Greek Gods were anything but mature, rational people. 
    by that logic, and Scarlatti's shouts....Scarlatti=Zeus? /:)
    I actually think Scarlatti's taking a rather mature stance about this albeit with the irreverence of an artist...but I'm a biased fanboy. What do I know? :P
  • VayneVayne Rhode Island
    - 2012/11/19 18:04:09 - The world dims at the loss of Selene, Goddess of Love and Beauty, victim to the foul corruption of Bal'met.

• She was protecting Lupus, right? I've lost track.