The Bal'met event

Comments

• edited November 2012

Tvistor said:
    I kinda just chilled in Mhaldor waiting for the kill, let out a 'woot' to everyone nearby then QQ'd.

Evil Mhaldorian:

The world dims at the loss of Selene, Goddess of Love and Beauty, victim to the foul corruption of Bal'met.

Tvistor ripples into existence before you.

With almost magical swiftness, a snarling wolf leaps out at Tvistor, rakes its claws across his face, and disappears into the surrounding forest.

Tvistor says in a smoothly flowing voice, "How tragic."

You stare implacably at Tvistor.

Tvistor howls in pain as thorny vines lash out at him from all sides.

Nodding his head in acknowledgement of you, Tvistor raises two fingers to his brow to give you an informal salute.

• As my character is a Siren I actually liked Serene
  • Still trying to figure out how drastically changing forest conflict is going to fit into this event.

• Yeah, @Nellaundra prophecized this... So I blame her!! No I kid. I'm doing alright with this decision. It was terribly obvious with what happened like the week before all the events started with Divine disappearing and such- She stopped letting us add Seekers, divvied out Ocredits...  Yeah totally obvious :/

meh

• Is Tarah next?
  • At least you guys got your credits and gold and what not :/ Ours disappeared.

• Order gold, gone... even though I told Naomh that we should withdraw... also Lucky enough, I had the ship on shipreturn, so the Order is back on perms >.>
    meh

• edited November 2012
    Selene really divvied up order credits? :| That seems a bit weird and overly foreshadowy to me.

ETA: Also, not to be a Debbie Downer or anything, but Selene's death seems really uninspiring, going by the log and what I could see without actually being there. Really hope the event picks up again after this, but going from the awesome showdown of Penth v Apollyon to Bal'met effortlessly absorbing Selene and then completely and inexplicably ignoring Lupus is a bit disappointing.

• AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA

Silas said:
    Selene really divvied up order credits? :| That seems a bit weird and overly foreshadowy to me.
    Somebody needs to get on the horn with Prospero and invent the Achaean last will and testament.
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • The way this event is going all orgs should divy up their credits/gold. It's a win/win situation, even if your org survives :-S

Also these forums need a better set of smileys, I swear I don't know what one to pick for eye roll sarcastic anymore...

• I couldn't care less about the lost gold and such. What sucks though are the beautiful advancement reqs I worked on which nobody ever got the chance of going through :(
  • Silas said:

ETA: Also, not to be a Debbie Downer or anything, but Selene's death seems really uninspiring, going by the log and what I could see without actually being there. Really hope the event picks up again after this, but going from the awesome showdown of Penth v Apollyon to Bal'met effortlessly absorbing Selene and then completely and inexplicably ignoring Lupus is a bit disappointing.
    Yeah, I kinda agree @ the death. And yeah, it was very foreshadowy. The entire Order was like "uh what?"
    meh

• JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it
    I have a feeling they forgot about that with the first few god deaths, heh.
    If you like my stories, you can find them here:
    Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

• RuthRuth Singapore
    edited November 2012
    Selene? Caaalled it. She was kind of left protecting Lupus. Wasn't surprised she was targeted. I assume Bal'met didn't kill Lupus too because he's still protected by love. Kind of like Harry potter. Kek.
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    If you knew where to look, her death wouldn't have been surprising if it happened 200 years ago.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • *Wakes up*

*Checks forums*

*Is quickly proven I was right*

• JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it
    I kind of wonder how many gods will be left after this.

Also now that Bal'met has the essence of what, three gods? (assuming he absorbed Selene) it's going to take something stupidly massive to kill him, if that's how this event is going to end.
    If you like my stories, you can find them here:
    Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

• Is ok, artied mortal truename is like 60%. Babelname will be like 400.
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    edited November 2012
    Babelname kills Babel I assume, since it is his name.

Edit: Thanks for the idea, Bal'met will be pleased.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Will transmogrify +3 int and balmetname for like twice as much.
  • Yeah, why didn't Apollyon cage :S
  • If you thought this was the last of the Gods to fall, you have another thing coming.

As to Bal'met, he'll absorb so many Divine that he'll explode, like a tick swollen with blood.
    "Trust in me, Universe, I will deliver / the promise that no-one shall ever / set their mind to games or play / for Serious Order is the way. I will not rest until it is done; / rules will be made for everyone. / They will know Order and its graces - and just like me, all shall be Greyfaces." - The Heroes of Sapience, Act 5, Greyface.
  • Sylvance said:
    Avto said:
    Great event, even though I was never around for it. Removing quite large number of inactive gods was also a great step in forward. Many players attached to dormant orders/gods, this gives them opportunity to advance without breaking oaths and the like.
    QFT.  I hope that the next thing Bal'met eats is the siren race.
    Agreed. A siren is just a human, only sluttier. Terrible race IMO. At least Satyr are cool.
  • Pazael said:
    Sylvance said:
    Avto said:
    Great event, even though I was never around for it. Removing quite large number of inactive gods was also a great step in forward. Many players attached to dormant orders/gods, this gives them opportunity to advance without breaking oaths and the like.
    QFT.  I hope that the next thing Bal'met eats is the siren race.
    Agreed. A siren is just a human, only sluttier. Terrible race IMO. At least Satyr are cool.
    How does "Delete Sirens" always come up in literally every thread no matter what?
  • Ruth said:
    Selene? Caaalled it. She was kind of left protecting Lupus. Wasn't surprised she was targeted. I assume Bal'met didn't kill Lupus too because he's still protected by love. Kind of like Harry potter. Kek.
    Better hope no one tells Rowling, I hear she's nasty when she sues.
  • Now we don't even know which Divine to look for as a Divine Patron given we have to guess whether he or she dies. HAHA