OOC Raves

Comments

Bluef said:
    Happy to be going on an adventure from Michigan to Connecticut and back again Thursday-Sunday of this weekend. Also extremely happy to have a mobile hotspot on my phone to permit log-in to Achaea, email, etc. Now if I only had a lightweight tablet...

• Bluef said:

Bluef said:

Happy to be going on an adventure from Michigan to Connecticut and back again Thursday-Sunday of this weekend. Also extremely happy to have a mobile hotspot on my phone to permit log-in to Achaea, email, etc. Now if I only had a lightweight tablet...

Liked for getting the hell out of my state.

• Trey said:
    Bluef said:

Liked for getting the hell out of my state.
    I guarantee I've lived here longer than you. Now stop being a jerk before the thread gets shut down again.
  • Have you read Songs of Earth and Power by Greg Bear or Roger Zelazny's Chronicles of Amber?

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • VayneVayne Rhode Island
    Jiraishin said:
    Rave: these, along with a very cute drawing by my youngest cousin, arrived in the mail yesterday.
    I was going to include the drawing, too, but forgot to put it in the photo. It's either of me or an alien jellyfish, I'm unsure which.
    Blade Runner is where it is at.
  • I love that movie so much.

• Neither of them are anything like that length, but they should keep you occupied for a while and are hopefully good for rereads. Especially read the Chronicles of Amber-- those books are classics.

Have you read the Elric Saga?

• Well, my reading list just extended by another two series. Thanks, I think.
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    Wait

There are more than just me that lives in Michigan?
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • I used to live in Michigan. I miss it all the time, except in winter.
    I'm actually looking forward to the snow, if we actually get any.

Rave: Holy crap I'm actually hoping for snow. Wtf is wrong with me.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
    Also, because I can't edit my post:

All the love and support I've been getting from my friends this week has been an immense help to stave off literal insanity. I really don't think I would've survived this emotional-roller coaster-week without them.

Yes, I get that I've had uncontrollable mood swings and have been unreasonably angry at things I wouldn't normally get angry at, but for the most part, the forum community has been understanding of my plight and I want to thank you all. Hopefully all this stuff will be over soon.
  • torts final in 10 minutes...

multiple people in the exam room discussing and teaching eachother basic topics at the zero hour

• In much the same vein - I'm finishing the lectures for this semster on Friday. Going home on Sunday.

I can't waaait.
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    Despite the state of the current job market, I'm actually incredibly stoked that tomorrow's my last day at work.

Apart from the possibility that the world ends on the 21st and I'm gonna lol my ass off at all the potential suckers keeping their noses to the grindstone while I take my last few days of existence at my leisure...

I kinda like my bosses as people, they're quite understanding on somethings, but not as bosses. They've incredibly difficult to work with because of their incredibly unpredictable temperaments and totally random demands

(this year, they suddenly decided they wanted to send christmas cards instead of just emails. This is *december*, so my replacement suddenly had to drop everything and design a christmas card for the company. Only now, after sending off to the printers, they realise they just have no time to sign so many greeting cards a mere week from Christmas and now we're just sending an image of the front cover as an e-card *face palm*)

I feel like I've spent the past year walking on eggshells and in view of how butt-hurt and passive aggressive they've been acting towards me, I just feel like I'm about to lose a whole weight off my shoulders.

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    my boss is amazing D:

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • 40+ hours awake and I'm still mentally alert, new record  /:)

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • OceanaOceana North Sea

40+ hours awake and I'm still mentally alert, new record  /:)
    Sleep or you will pass out before the big event.
  • Confident I'll get straight A's this semester!

League of Legends: IA ROCKS (NA)
    Guild Wars 2: erasariel.1532 - Devona's Rest (NA)
    Final Fantasy XIV: Novi Selea - Cactuar (NA)
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ErasarielOfAchaea/
    Achaea: Erasariel (duh!)
  • Direct sunlight. I'd forgotten how much I start to miss it after a couple weeks.
  • The whole week, we watched the 25th Anniversary Concert Edition of 'Les Miserables.' My dear God, it was sexy. That Jean Valjean.
  • AmunetAmunet Spokane, Washington, USA
    I feel like I'm dying from having eaten so much, but my God. I managed to make the best tofu scramble ever. Extra-firm tofu seasoned with a splash of tamari, a couple of drops of liquid smoke, freshly ground pepper, kala namak, a tiny bit of minced garlic, and nutritional yeast, fried up in olive oil and then combined with spinach, red onion, green peppers, avocado, tomato, cucumber, and Daiya mozzarella. Fresh alfalfa sprouts and black lava salt for garnish. Hell. Yes.

Also, my dad's doing a bit better today - he was able to keep down the potato and egg that I made him for dinner, and the electrolyte-replenishing children's drinks I bought him seem to be helping. That's one worry off my mind. I got my first full night of sleep since school let out last night, too. 

My avatar is an image created by this very talented gentleman, of whose work I am extremely jealous. It was not originally a picture of Amunet, but it certainly looks a great deal like how I envision her!
  • Rave: Finally starting to feel a bit better, even if I'm not yet 100%. A cold that I picked up a few days ago isn't helping much (coughing with a healing belly incision is not fun), but overall, it's nice to be able to mostly move around like I used to.

Related Rave: Baby girl's adorable smiles in her sleep. So cute. <3

"Gilgamesh, where are you hurrying to? You will never find that [everlasting] life for which you are looking. When the gods created man they allotted to him death, but life they retained in their own keeping. As for you, Gilgamesh, fill your belly with good things; day and night, night and day, dance and be merry, feast and rejoice. Let your clothes be fresh, bathe yourself in water, cherish the little child that holds your hand, and make your wife happy in your embrace; for this too is the lot of man." 

• $You have slain (.*).$

echo("SHE WHO GIVETH LIFE CAN TAKETH LIFE AWAY!")
  • I don't know if I've ever been as hammered in a while as I am right now. Thank god for autocorrect and my anal-retentive attention to spelling. Epic Breweries - Big Bad Baptist is amazing. You all need to drink it. DRINK. Also, when we ran out of Big Bad Baptist we turned to Makers Mark, neat. We sat out on the porch at 1 in the morning reminiscing about the good ol' days when men were men, and certain folks weren't allowed in country clubs. 

(Pepperidge Farm remembers :( )