OOC Raves

Comments

• JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    edited November 2012
    The Halo Universe.

That is all.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    Mishgul said:

beds of spikers

I read that as bed of spiders.

I hate you.
    spikey spiders. spikers.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • edited November 2012
    Jonathin said:

The Halo Universe.

That is all.
    Can't wait to pick up on Friday. Three day weekend and gf is out of town. :D
  • When my old laptop died (milk + laptop = ??), I bought a desktop because I hate USB keyboards and wanted to have a numpad for Achaea.
  • New watch! image  :D
  • Went to my radio show, turned up the studio volume on a particularly vicious aggrotech song till the floor shook, immediately made this day sooo much better.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • My direct manager said:
    I did tell Management and Exec teams that i thought you did a great job, you impressed me, and it was great working with you - you contributed a lot to the project and were well focused and delivered on time, if not early.
    Thumbs up.
    Every day sends future to past 
    Every breath leaves me one less to my last
  • freeleech tokens
    And as he slept he dreamed a dream, and this was his dream.
  • I have 1.1 days of un-listened-to Writing Excuses podcasts.

And tea.
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway

got a foot rest woop. And not fired yet

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Back down to only two jobs. Project Manager and Acting IT Manager. New Systems Administrator is great and learning damn fast making my life so much easier.

Still hardly any time for Achaea but oh well, once I get back to just one job I should be more active.

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    My week has been beyond terrible. Everything that could possible go wrong, did.

Friday didn't break. I had a relatively good day followed through with an amazing night. Words can't describe the joy.

Looking forward to two days of not having to go to work, catching up on sleep, dancing in the rain, writing some more and making that date.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

Finally finished the targeting script I was having so much trouble with. Finally. Fiiiinnnnaaallllyy.

Now I'm just looking forward to all the debugging as I get 948738947234 messages with bugs.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • @Jonathin the best part is when you get it from an Occultist. When we walk into a room there's 17 add events from our entourage. Took me a little bit to realize why I had some minor lag until I realized I forgot to break out of one of my loops.
    lol
    You can stick those onto the ignore list. :D
  • Tahquil said:
    Mum won $10,000 in an art competition. Writing it out fully looks better than 10k.
    Writing "mum won OVER NINE THOUSAND dollars in an art competition" sounds even better.
  • Did you just compare my mum to alien monkey prince?
  • edited November 2012
    Alien monkey prince of art!
  • The Wondjina's will get you.

This headset + dubstep = brain meltage.
  • Tahquil said:
    The Wondjina's will get you.

I actually thought this was a closeup of a spider's face. Brrrr...

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    Mondays! Getting paid and the weekend is five days away.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• edited November 2012
    Linux + ClipGrab + Audacity + headphones = utter bliss.

To the point where I totally forget that I have no idea how to fix Flash on Ubuntu.

Edit2: Sorry, @Eld, but Chromium also failed me. :(
    Miin-aan baash kimini-sij-i-gan bitooyin sij-i-gan-i bukwayszhiigan = blueberry π
  • Boosteya said:
    Linux + ClipGrab + Audacity + headphones = utter bliss.

To the point where I totally forget that I have no idea how to fix Flash on Ubuntu.
    Sadly, there's not really any way to "fix it", I don't think, since Adobe has decided to stop developing new versions for Linux. But if you're having troubles with it in Firefox, you might try using Chrome for Flash-heavy stuff, as apparently there's a version of Flash included in Chrome that's based on a platform-independent framework, and should continue to be supported. It's worked for me for the few cases I've tried.
  • SherazadSherazad Planef Urth
    Nice to see other people loving Ubuntu :D I'm having fun with the free software that work and are easy to use. xD

I don't think I can use it for heavy games but it doesn't matter since I'm using a netbook. I upgraded the memory from 1 to 2 GB and it's so nice to be able to have 238912731 tabs open while writing.
    Bleh, work ate my gaming life.
    내가 제일 잘 나가!!!111!!1

• Sherazad said:
    Nice to see other people loving Ubuntu :D I'm having fun with the free software that work and are easy to use. xD

I don't think I can use it for heavy games but it doesn't matter since I'm using a netbook. I upgraded the memory from 1 to 2 GB and it's so nice to be able to have 238912731 tabs open while writing.
    Depends on what you mean by "heavy games". The main reason your gaming options will be restricted is that there won't be versions of the game for Linux. For those that do, the system requirements are a matter of hardware, not software; a given processor, amount of RAM, etc, won't perform less well on Linux than on Windows or Mac (and may well do better, since the operating system itself sucks less of the resources). But as you say, a netbook is probably not going to provide the power you need for these newfangled games with pictures that the kids seem to like these days.