OOC Raves

Comments

• AmunetAmunet Spokane, Washington, USA
    Yaaaaaay. My perfume came, and now I smell lovely.
    My avatar is an image created by this very talented gentleman, of whose work I am extremely jealous. It was not originally a picture of Amunet, but it certainly looks a great deal like how I envision her!
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    Went downtown and saw Dead Sara live. For an outdoor concert it was one of the loudest. Being about 3 feet away from one of the amps didn't help.

To sum up my night:
    1) My hands are frozen.
    2) My feet are frozen.
    3) I'm now sitting in front of a hilariously huge heater.
    4) It was 100% worth it.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • Crathen said:
    http://htwins.net/scale2/

The mind. It boggles.
    ...Just spent 45 minutes exploring this. Think it might have been the best 45 minutes of my day, considering how much I learned.

"Gilgamesh, where are you hurrying to? You will never find that [everlasting] life for which you are looking. When the gods created man they allotted to him death, but life they retained in their own keeping. As for you, Gilgamesh, fill your belly with good things; day and night, night and day, dance and be merry, feast and rejoice. Let your clothes be fresh, bathe yourself in water, cherish the little child that holds your hand, and make your wife happy in your embrace; for this too is the lot of man." 

Haunted house trolling. Just beat a zombie with a pine branch, haha. I think I scared the shit out of the volunteer. Good times.
    My avatar is an image created by this very talented gentleman, of whose work I am extremely jealous. It was not originally a picture of Amunet, but it certainly looks a great deal like how I envision her!
  • edited October 2012

Amunet said:
    Haunted house trolling. Just beat a zombie with a pine branch, haha. I think I scared the shit out of the volunteer. Good times.
    What in the actual hell is wrong with you?  People get enough shit from that job.  Some people assault the volunteers, including biting them and fully attempting to kill them.  Bragging about beating them with a branch?  What the hell.  You are PAYING to get scared.

By all rights, you SHOULD be arrested for freaking assault and battery.  There is no reason to beat some poor guy with a branch when he was either A) Trying to make people happy for halloween for free or B) Trying to earn some extra money with a very crappy job.

How'd you like it if I came into where you worked and decided to make your life miserable by smashing something over your head?
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    If someone came into MY work and beat me with a pine branch, I'd probably just have to vacuum it up.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Thunderstorms early in the morning, resulting in 12 hours of sleep.

I feel amazing.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

Amunet said:
    What in the actual hell is wrong with you?  People get enough shit from that job.  Some people assault the volunteers, including biting them and fully attempting to kill them.  Bragging about beating them with a branch?  What the hell.  You are PAYING to get scared.

By all rights, you SHOULD be arrested for freaking assault and battery.  There is no reason to beat some poor guy with a branch when he was either A) Trying to make people happy for halloween for free or B) Trying to earn some extra money with a very crappy job.

How'd you like it if I came into where you worked and decided to make your life miserable by smashing something over your head?
    Are you kidding me? You take things way too seriously. Do you really think that I was -trying- to hurt someone? It was a playful swat, aimed nowhere near his head, with a branch maybe two feet long and as big around as my index finger. He was also wearing one of those bubble-coats - he didn't feel anything, and he had an excellent sense of humour. He suggested, actually, that the group with which I came volunteer with them next year, since we were more into the proceedings than the majority of the people who showed up. He (and several of the other zombies we "attacked") had a beer with us out in the parking lot afterward. We helped them to brainstorm some ideas to make next year's zombie hike absolutely terrifying. I even gave them my recipe for super-realistic fake blood.

Learn to relax. Really. You'd be amazed at how much more fun life is when you don't immediately assume that everything is serious business.
  • SherazadSherazad Planef Urth
    Amunet said:

Amunet said:
    rawr branch that zombie
    >(((((
    -stuff- He suggested, actually, that the group with which I came volunteer with them next year  FOR ME TO BECOME OF OF THEM, -stuff-. He (and several of the other zombies we "attacked") had a beer with us out in the parking lot afterward. We helped them to brainstorm some ideas to make next year's zombie hike absolutely terrifying.  OUR BRAINZ -stuff-

This is how I read it when I checked the website just after waking. -.- I love zombies so much.. D:
    Bleh, work ate my gaming life.
    내가 제일 잘 나가!!!111!!1

• I hate them. One grabbed my head, paused for a second, said "meh" and walked off to find another victim.

Insensitive bastard gave me a complex!

• Speaking of perfume, I found a range inspired and named after the women in Napoleon's life. After about 40 minutes of a very patient @Palanor in a Myers I decided on a bottle of this.

Ooh. I've heard about that line. How does it smell? I've noticed that French perfumes tend to be really strong, which is why I usually avoid them. I'm a history nerd, though, so that line appealed to me. Plus the packaging is gorgeous.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Monday and the weekend only being five days away. Yay!
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• SaphyriaSaphyria Upstate, NY
    Rave:  Put in my pre-order for the Galaxy Note 2 in Marble White a few days ago.  Super pumped!  I'm a huge tech-junkie.

Rant:  Have to wait until November 27th at the latest to receive it, because Verizon is a butt-head.
  • Amunet said:
    My older brother went to the 13 floors haunted house, and they successfully scared him... which isn't a good thing. He wound up punching the man that scared him, and my brother is a big guy. 

13 floors is an awesome haunted house though, at least my local one is.
  • The line is actually super subtle, like you have to be 10cm from the person to smell it. Though it is surprisingly hardy. I had a shower after walking around the city with Josephine on one wrist and Helene on the other and after all that I was (barely) still able to distinguish the two if I put my nose to my skin.
  • Rave: sudden snowy arrival of winter causing me not having to work today!

(Rant: only learning about this after I already spent an hour getting to work.

Rant: sudden snowy arrival of winter.

Rave: it's really sunny though.)
  • OceanaOceana North Sea
    Iocun said:
    Rave: sudden snowy arrival of winter causing me not having to work today! (Rant: only learning about this after I already spent an hour getting to work. Rant: sudden snowy arrival of winter. Rave: it's really sunny though.)
    I hope you can make it back home!
  • I have! Lost two hours of my day though :(
  • Winter is here? Wait, what?

It's gunna be 82 today. This is not winter.
  • It's winter where it counts! Still snow on the ground from a few days ago out here.
  • *insert obligatory comment about how you COULD be living on the Canadian Prairies with our -30C and below winters*

Actually, I don't mind winter being here (and not just because I live with the Chinook now!) Winter means holidays, even if I don't necessarily celebrate them! There's something kind of fun about watching the people bustling through the mall thinking of all the things they'll be getting and doing for their family. And I'll get to see my family for acceptable periods of time as they'll all be visiting to see the baby. Huzzah.

"Gilgamesh, where are you hurrying to? You will never find that [everlasting] life for which you are looking. When the gods created man they allotted to him death, but life they retained in their own keeping. As for you, Gilgamesh, fill your belly with good things; day and night, night and day, dance and be merry, feast and rejoice. Let your clothes be fresh, bathe yourself in water, cherish the little child that holds your hand, and make your wife happy in your embrace; for this too is the lot of man." 

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    Getting rissoles, mashed potatoes, carrots, corn and peas for lunch. This almost rivals Friday roast day.

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    edited October 2012
    To counter my rant about toothaches: Orajel. Sweet baby Jesus and mother Mary of relief. #:-S
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    edited October 2012
    @Melodie, you might want to consider munching on cloves or clove oil, it has numbing properties although the taste is vile.

When you reach the point when you start getting face aches, it's because of a nerve. Most people just stick an ice-pack against the side of the face to numb the nerve, but for me, the cold makes it worse, so I use hot compresses instead.

It's also worth looking into painkillers that contain codeine. They tend to work far, far better than standard paracetamol.

And when all else fails, go to sleep. You should get a bit of temporary relief until the pain wakes you up.

Raves: Finding out the best way to deal with epic face aches because I get them occasional myself.