What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• @Sindregan sounds like a job for...

The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."
  • @Sindregan it's not as lucrative as it sounds

• Mini-rave to start off: To the volunteer that took over Ranthal for about a half hour or so, you da real MVP. ❤️

For the first time since I started playing, I had my first one-on-one interaction with a denizen. After so many avenues that have failed, so many approaches met with silence, its beyond exciting to have one be met with a conversation that was both mundane and yet profound.

There are now so many questions swirling through my head, so many new avenues to follow. It's going to be fun hunting down more information and going through the roleplay of getting everything put together for what started out as a silly idea that has now grown well beyond that.

• @Gaia said:

Next we will consider the implications of drying paint.

Challenge accepted.

• @Gaia said:

Next we will consider the implications of drying paint.

@Synthus

Challenge accepted.

Well, I mean, drying paint today can be harmful when breathed in, and in past, lead paint was used, which, as we know, was very bad, and, maybe a bit off subject, arsenic was used to make wallpapers bright green, and literally killed people, so, depending on what the paint is made of.....

• The last time I sailed the seas, the biggest worry was en encounter with pirates. I was aware that things had changed in the interim, but I really had no idea. The seas are now far more dangerous. I was only out there a day or so before I had my first encounter with a kraken. Nothing short of amazing, so moody and atmospheric it left me in a state of panic - fumbling around with war discs I didn't even get a shot away before my wind cutter slid to the depths of the wine dark sea.

I considered myself fortunate that my losses were limited, and set out again once my ship was salvaged and repaired. This time, a chance encounter with a sea monster. One of the weaker ones I believe, although it still ripped through 20% of my hull with each hit. I easily out ran it and made for port thinking I would be safe, but apparently there is no safe harbour from the wrath of the sea. My ship quickly sank, and I was unable to get a shot away - this time because my thrower cannot be used while at port.

What should I have done differently? Is there no workable strategy of fleeing from a sea monster? Can a windcutter with a thrower fight one of these things off?

• @Ognog Plenty of capable sailors (read: pirates) in Hashan for you to get sailing guidance from!

• Everybody gets one.

• @Sobriquet

A radiationalist is never late, nor are they early, they stop precisely when they mean to.

The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."
  • There's no fire like friendly fire.

• edited June 2021

Imitation is the lowest form of flattery :(

(nice streak tho)

• Stop.

Radiation time.

MC Hammer starts playing.

Disappearing from Achaea for now. See you, space cowboy.

smileyface#8048 if you wanna chat.

• Hoooooly moly, guessing the right verb is FUN, Isn'T IT???!! Hope you truly enjoyed the floundering, @Adrik . And thanks for your patience, @Synthus when I was getting irritable.

In any case, interesting Rp. And slamming head into wall. But the RP was good. Much learning.

• Ah yes, guess the verb, my favorite game...

Also, @Ryssa I'mma touchy da frog now. At least @Adrik got a lot of amusement from the floundering.

The RP was really good, the plot thickens, and I'm honestly really, really intrigued by all of it now.

• @Ryssa /@Synthus

It was hillarious. Love you both.

• Not today today, but managed to finally cobble together the psion combustion lock in the middle of a rampage and win with it, first rampage win. Seems really nasty, even when they break the lock it still usually gets me the kill.

Now I just need to see if there's a way to hold my queued actions until paralysis clears, against fast-afflicting classes like alchemist I'm just constantly hitting into it and missing the tiny gaps where I'm not paralyzed.

• Hold down enter on your attacks while you are paralyzed.

• Another mini-rave: The Customisation team went above and beyond for me on one of the first item projects I've ever done. I appreciate you folks answering emails and helping make this silly little idea become something real.

Synthus can now claim to be a very amateur woodcarver* (with no formal training, marketable skills, many splinters, and with most of the work being done by Marentesh's workshop while all he did was sketch a design, debark some stuff, haul materials around, and did a lot of crafting stuff under masterful guidance that he would never be able to replicate in any substantial way).

I'm just all giddy and excited for the possibilities this will provide. Yaaay~!

• After much resistance and hemming and hawing:

You pay 1200 credits and receive a Sailors' Decree.

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States

That the thing that lets you respec from anywhere?

• @Kresslack Most anywhere. You cannot do it while on the ocean, so need to dock.

• I looked like EVERYONE and it was awesome.

• That's adorable, @Synthus and @Ryssa.

As for me, I have been working on a linguistics project with Thurisaz as a side dish to Mayapple's awkward research efforts. Unfortunately, I am doing this while adjusting to an IRL thing causing mild language comprehension and expression issues. This has been the most amusingly frustrating exercise, and I am tempted to weave the issue into my RP and just accept the Dame's going to be a bit more quirky than usual for a while.

• edited July 2021

Hahaha, I literally just got the idea and started getting everything together two days before the wedding. It was fun, dashing about to try and get things together, and sending messages to people. Haaa.... the stress. Such spontaneousness and impulsiveness in Ryssa at times.

Thanks @Adrik @Oceana for helping Ryssa figure things out, and thanks @Autune @Shalana @Zadkiel @Liena @Sphera and @Baldazar for attending on such short notice! And especially Mum Zadkiel for the dress and shoes! And thanks to everyone else who was supportive and offered words of congrats!

And definitely thanks @Synthus for always being an awesome sport with rp, and helping me out behind the scenes! Things wouldn't have gone so smoothly without your help.

Whoo! The Dragon and Sparrow are finally married! :D

The wildlife suddenly springs to life, flowers blossoming all around. Vines raising from the ground to form a delicate arch of greenery and vibrant life.

I saw this and still wonder if it was an illusion or something else. Definitely not in the plan, but, beautiful in the wedding!