What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• sigils are important

• edited July 2021

I know perfectly well how theft works. You can try to defend yourself all you like, but the reality is it’s a shitty mechanic made even shittier by the fact that the level of shitty is entirely dependent on the thief deciding if they want to be decent or a complete scumbag.

You have triggers setup to run from me the moment I hit alertness. I need to pazuzu two sets of clouds, have or be a blademaster and have a room hinder just to keep you in place. Mizik and Dunn kill you because they do these things (or mayology pwn) but that doesn’t make it a reasonable expectation. You don’t accept or embrace consequences, you do everything in your power to avoid them at all costs. Just because you do actually die every now and then is hardly an indicator that things are just fine the way they are.

This isn’t even about you specifically. You’re hardly the first thief, nor are you the best that’s done it. It wasn’t okay in 2010, it’s not okay still today, and hopefully something actually gets done about it.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • @Atalkez you've killed me plenty. Consequences? I embrace that you're all trying tok ill me. I just do my best to avoid it. Does someone who PVPs avoid consequences by putting up mass or whatever? Same business.

Mizik has gotten me alone a fair few times so props to him. Dunn also. its been part of the game since the game came out, its why I play the game and well, honestly you should be better

• Feel free to start a separate thread about this. Otherwise, let's keep this one on topic.

"If you build it, they will come."
  • This feels relevant to the theft discussion... https://pastebin.com/ub6ez3ht

• ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol

god how shit was that

• @Elyon get your stuff sorted out. I wasn't chasing you because of the relic kill. I was chasing you because you had tried to steal from me in Thera before that. If you're gonna call for help from your city, your city deserves to know if you're being rightfully attacked or not.

4. Theft victims (even from unsuccessful attempts) can fight back and pursue

repercussions. These retaliatory actions do not grant the thief roleplay

justification to seek revenge (see HELP PK paragraph 6 regarding circular

roleplay).

• edited July 2021

[This Comment deleted to move onto another thread]

• I logged in, went to see some friends in their grove.

@Gaia bullied me instantly. Still loving Eleusis as a whole, especially all of the little interactions I get to enjoy. <3

• Had an excellent discussion/roleplay moment with @Eryl

Aina went expecting just a cursory explanation at best, but it was far more thought provoking than she realized, so many thanks for that.

• Finally, some self acceptance..

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Aelyn says, "But yes, I've met them both. I've been a bit remiss in sitting down with Synthus to answer some of his questions."

Gaia, Goddess of Nature says, "When you do, be sure to count how many questions he claims to be his last."

You say to Aelyn with a Theran accent, "No no, you've been busy with others, and I've just not-."

"Heh heh heh," Ryssa chuckles.

The corners of Aelyn's mouth turn up as she grins mischievously.

Ryssa grins mischievously at you.

Synthus' mouth closes, an embarrassed expression taking his features as a low whine escapes him.

. . . Why must you hurt me like this?

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States

Took me a while, but finally got there:      

You pay 540 and upgrade the criticals artefact power on a Stygian pendant to level 3.

You also spent 60 artefact upgrade points.

• Now get Dragon, slow ass.

Disappearing from Achaea for now. See you, space cowboy.

smileyface#8048 if you wanna chat.

• edited July 2021

This did not happen to me. If it did I would have issued so quickly their head would have spun (for the removal of ignore just to berate).

This is being handled IC, but there are also OOC issues - I want everybody to also consider bullying - and what has happened when somebody tells another repeatedly, "You should die. You should kill yourself."

Yes, Achaea is RP but we all bring bits and pieces of ourselves to the game, and are here for a reason.

Imagine if an already emotionally unstable person was subject to a barrage such as this? I have already had one friend, who suffers from clinical depression with suicidal ideation at times, tell me that this type of assault, at the wrong time, could very well end in a suicide attempt.

This might be a game - but there are other people behind the words being typed.

It is clear that the verbal assaulter/bully has their own mental health issues, but that does not justify, nor excuse their behavior. It also doesn't matter if they are speaking to a saint or a sinner, the behavior is abhorrent on its face.

LOG

Person told You: Please stop.

You told Person: I'm killing marks.

Person told You: Stop attacking Victim.

You told Person: He attacked me some while back.

Person told You: Okay? you killed him, it's over.

You told Person: No, it isn't.

You told Person: He's mark.

You told Person: It's over when he quits it.

You told Person: I lost a lot of experiencce.

You told Person: I'm taking it back.

Person told You: Seriously no one likes you. Please go die.

You told Person: You unignored me to say that?

Person told You: To get you to stop killing the person I'm trying to spend some time with yes.

Person told You: Please stop it.

You told Person: You... want me to stop and then you tell me to go die.

You told Person: Geez. You are hard work.

You told Person: I'll give you a while.

You told Person: Out of the kindness of my heart.

Person told You: Well I'd rather you just retired and never woke again because I'd rather you stopped existing completely.

You told Person: I'd rather that too.

Person told You: Then do it.

You told Person: Give me the 13000 credits I'll lose and that's me done.

Person told You: You're not worth half that.

You told Person: I'm worth more than triple that.

Person told You: Besides if i was going to ivnest that much in getting rid of you. I'd make sure you were -really- gone forever found by no one.

Person told You: This is why everyone hates you ebcause you're disgusting and worthless and only exist to cause others grief because you're unhappy with yourself. Maybe if you contributed anything at all to the world people wouldn't wish you were dead and gone from it you useless rubbish heap.

You told Person: Great. Now you can go on the list, too.

You told Person: You're possibly the worst negotiator I've ever met.

Person told You: I do'nt care. Everyoen knows you can't fight for shit anyway. you're a little coward that can only kill people with insta's because you can't fight your way out of a paper sack.

Person told You: I'm done negotiating with you you waste of space. I genuinly hope you die.

You told Person: Know what? I won't die. I won't die just so that I can live to spite you.

Person told You: Honestly. I'm done with you. I'm not going to even acknowledge you exist anymore. Because you're already dead to me.

You told Person: Look. I've charged you already. Please stop talking to me.

Person told You: Odd..strange buzzing noises in my head..like an insect..how odd.

------

Prythe -

For herself and her inner Deborah

- To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    - Let me get my hat and my knife
    - It's your apple, take a bite
    - Don't dream it ... be it

• edited July 2021

I can't issue on behalf of another. I am hoping for a conversation amongst us that it isn't okay, and figuring out a way for us as a community to deal with the IC/OOC crossover which cannot help but occur in that type of interaction.

If I shouldn't have posted it, I'm sorry. But I'm very angry and frustrated by how little (it seems) we can do to stop this form of behavior.

- To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    - Let me get my hat and my knife
    - It's your apple, take a bite
    - Don't dream it ... be it

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo

The best you can do in said situation is convince the person to issue.

Failing that, just name and shame.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol
    edited July 2021

OK I said it to @Pani

Sue me

• JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.

That log was posted to discord by the person that was aimed at. I feel 0 sympathy for that person.

I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • 5 bucks I know who it was.