What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• edited July 2021

Someone challenged me to a fight.

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • I also had an interaction with @Twilight today, although less enjoyable.

Fix my eyes you friggin' nerd.

(<3)

Gave up the classless bash-o-thon at 89(10%)

• edited July 2021

A simple, small ritual became something really special.

A dome of emerald light appears over the Aureliana Forest before condensing into a single beam above a tree-hemmed clearing. With a bright flash, the bulge fades, and the darkness of night returns.

Heheh, sorry for the confusion @Eleusis , and thanks @Synthus for your part :) Edit: Er, what did you call it. Regents :P

• Trying to move my system into mudlet on my new computer so I could use my new battlerage, now that I'm situated to play Achaea again:

5258h, 4994m, 20180e, 20180w ex-

A soft tug upon your apparel grabs at your attention, and in an instant you realise that your

inventory is lighter.

A soft tug upon your apparel grabs at your attention, and in an instant you realise that your

inventory is lighter.

inventory is lighter.

inventory is lighter.

inventory is lighter.

inventory is lighter.

inventory is lighter.

inventory is lighter.

inventory is lighter.

inventory is lighter.

inventory is lighter.

inventory is lighter.

A dirt-covered earthworm wriggles in from the southeast.

inventory is lighter.

inventory is lighter.

inventory is lighter.

A dirt-covered earthworm wriggles out to the southeast.

inventory is lighter.

inventory is lighter.

inventory is lighter.

inventory is lighter.

inventory is lighter.

Nevermind, I'm probably fine to do literally anything else in the entire universe.

Gave up the classless bash-o-thon at 89(10%)

• Gee I wonder who that was.

Disappearing from Achaea for now. See you, space cowboy.

smileyface#8048 if you wanna chat.

• A Fairweather fan?

• AFK theft only has one person to blame...

• I won't make a blanket statement, but I will speak to personal experience.

Every interaction I've had with theft has been one-sided and has drastically detracted from my enjoyment of the game rather than enhanced it. Every thief I've met has been borderline trolling in their attempts, with the latest one to be so blatant as to -always- use a firey portal. It doesn't matter if I'm studying something in the world, examining some room somewhere, or just having an idle moment to reflect, it seems as soon as I'm anywhere near the top of the WHO list, I should expect a portal if they are online.

In fact, the last time they showed up that way, they ruined a small player event being held for a friend who was having to leave the game for real-world complications.

I would only shed tears of joy if theft was removed from the game. I know it will never happen, but I can dream.

On a two-fer note: Today I learned that using SAY TO <denizen> apparently goes to the entire Garden... I uh... I didn't realize that, and I have been doing this pretty much since I started playing. I am so, so sorry for all the spam. 😥

• Given the sheer volume of people that have rocked up on Hashan's doorstep chasing a particularly infamous thief lately, I don't know how anyone can seriously argue that theft doesn't provide content.

• edited July 2021

Theft in its current state, given the classes that usually do this and the loads of evasive artefacts available, make it impossible to punish the thief during the act. It feels like a pretty bad, outdated system at the moment that only detracts from the experience of everyone but a handful of people.

The only "meanigful" interactions other people could get out of it are only city's bounty hunters, that's all, just another excuse to get involved in some combat. Nothing really interesting as far as RP goes and interactions...

It's still not clear to me if you can attack them next time you see them if they ran away, or if you can attack them when you notice them entering the room and you know full well what they will do, without them gaining cause against you to hire/fight back? What really does constitute an attempt? Is appraisal of your inventory enough when you know it's a thief and they have tried it before, or do you need to wait for the snap to attack, for example?

I dunno... Make theft only possible once per Achaean month per person (even unsuccessful), by making consequent attempts gain cause to hire (or that it's classified as griefing)? Make victims of successful theft have cause to hire? Could solve a few problems? 🤔

• I've gotten in the habit of scrying certain thieves every few minutes in game. If I see them ANYWHERE other than their own city, I either go to kill them, or send a message to someone in the city they're in so THEY can kill them. Absolutely no shame in it either. Idgaf what my city relations are like with your city, if a thief is there, they deserve to get killed.

Jumpy said:
    The membership is already such a good deal that there is no way we can reduce the cost. 

• "BUT MUH THIEVING IS RLY FUN RP!"

No it ain't. Especially when the thief has been reported to actually fucking steal from people visiting their city.

Theft is a plague that this game has suffered for far too long, with the penalties for it being "Oh no, I'm going to always be infamous" but y'know? They potentially stole something like a priceless heirloom from ages gone past. It's not fun. It's not interactive. It preys on people with bad connections, or what have you, and entirely detracts from the world being fun and engaging.

Should I go hang out at a grove with my rogue friend? Or anywhere that isn't a city?

No! Fuck that, I get to sit in a city so I don't get constantly harassed 24/7. If I go to attack the thief? Better hope I have a Blademaster! Because Evade-UrnMount/Duanatharan (Level 2 wings)- or just evade-Dash. If they feel threatened? WAND OF REFLECTIONS. EVADE. Choose easier targets for an hour. Go back to initial target when RoF is back online.

It's not fun.

• If they delete theft, who will need all those resetting customizations that people buy just so they don't have to worry about someone stealing their shit and being a twat about it?

• edited July 2021

Kinilan Member, Seafaring Liason Posts: 1,342 @@ - Legendary Achaean

1:40PM

Hey, aren't you that tool that ruined a ship that belonged to one person just so you could spite a third person that just used said ship? Please explain how that was fun and interactive for anyone but yourself.

Hey, that's the fun thing! I recognized my actions were shitty, and tried to make amends for them with the party that was affected (Kuriel). The difference here is that I've learned from it and haven't done the action since.

Edit: Also the person that was affected said it was totally fine OOC.

• That person has also quit, BTW.

• wait... you can just do order urn go home? I made a whole tracking thing to know what I was mounted on and all that ... gdiath

• >If you’re out of your city, you’re possibly a target, no matter what or who you are.

I mean, being in your city is no protection either, lol.

• It is if you're on guards, otherwise you're right yeah.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol

I enjoy theft, but I don't like the way we have created a trillion escapes. The two compound each other.

Nerf urn