What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• edited June 2021

Progressss (and also post whoring I guess)

I hope I'm not gonna get docked or anything, for using emotes on what is an otherwise 'OOC' thing. If it turns out to be not allowed, I guess I'll have to use party for it or something.

-This is what the output actually looks like (it should all be in emotes, I just had to echo some of them to simulate an actual person responding). Not pictured is 'Aegoth' actually placing cards down, I was manually sending the functions themselves which bypasses that. It looks just like mine otherwise!

I went away from my previous font on cards because it started looking awkward on newer cards. This is more in-line with what TT uses in FF8 instead.

And here's what the window itself looks like.

Just have a few more things to tweak (like the wrapping on the actions window). Adding point scoring (as well as ending a game when all slots are filled), and the last few cards I had planned, then I should be finished! (for now at least).

PS: Yes, Actar Goat is currently the strongest card in the game. But you also only have a roughly 0.6% chance of pulling it. I made it as a joke for @Gurklukke but decided to keep it in because why not. Lycopod is also pretty strong, too. (also roughly the same chance to pull it). Name of the game is still TBD, I just had to put something to test everything.

Yes I spent basically my entire day doing this. I don't know whether to feel happy or sad.

Disappearing from Achaea for now. See you, space cowboy.

smileyface#8048 if you wanna chat.

• I want.

To play this.

• Charge people credits to put them in the game, the more they pay the better their stats.

• 1 cr. That's my final offer.

• @Cooper I just wanna make my own scripts, I don't wanna work for IRE.

In seriousness, though, my one adheres to the same sort of rules that Triple Triad does, wherein different rarities always add to a certain number. I don't have 'A' as one of my card marks though, so I can't do it to quite the same extent...

I could probably do with a bit more diversity though so some cards have obviously bad sides you never want to play them on. But I also like having more cards closer to each other, so more thought has to be put into where they're placed. Especially since you can't make your own deck and have to use what you get.

Disappearing from Achaea for now. See you, space cowboy.

smileyface#8048 if you wanna chat.

• You could have people get the game for free but then only make it realistically playable if they buy some sort of symbolic unit. Just generically labeling them as 'crodits' for now.

People who want better cards could enter a lottery or 'auction' for 'crodits', and the cards could be useful for a while. Then over time you can make significantly less useful cards but make them 'rare' so people spend more 'crodits'. Then down the road you tie them to 'sets' of cards with tiny bonuses for having the whole set. Once everything is so skewed towards needing those cards, you just start randomizing the chance people get one that is remotely useful while all but ensuring they never complete a set! It is a model for growth that ensures years of [s]income[/s] player fun and [s]investment[/s] involvement.

;-)

• 03:34:47 You rip into Parililos with your massive, deadly claws.

03:34:47 Parililos snarls futilely as his life finally expires, and the cetus falls silent, dead.

03:34:47 You have slain Parililos, retrieving the corpse.

03:34:47 A mountainous pile of sovereigns spills from the corpse, flying into your hands before they can reach the ground.

He braved the ire of the Queen Regent and triumphed over the Cetus Parililos.

Honestly, whoever coded this boss deserves a raise. I loved figuring out the stages and overcoming them. I just wish it wasn't in a hostile plane, or that there were more of these that were just like... not defendable? Like even a novice can kill me if they attack me while Parililos is impaling me hahaha.

The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."
  • So, comparing past experience to recent, before there would be THINK related stuff like:

An intrusive thought enters your mind, "..."

or something like that. A recent experience was just a sentence or question in my think/tell colour with no intro 'voice' (ie. So-and-so tells you, etc)

Thought it was interesting, and wondering if others had a similar experience.

• Mila turned 500 today.

pretty good day overall

• I felt like an awkward potato in front of @Gaia .

• @Accipiter Ok, but what happened to you today in Achaea?

• Now you name makes sense!

• (Eleusis): @Gaia says, "Typically, those completing their Year wait more than thirteen seconds before careening towards the nearest city-state, Adrik."

Gaia just calling me out like this on CT when I resisted the urge to break into somewhere for 12 ig months. :(

I broke into Hashan's lab today! Also finished my Year with only failing it once-- but like. Not even in a way that got me exploded or dead.

Yayyyyyyyyyyyy.

• Doing a 7 month certification process for work stuff.

Submit part 1 of 4, before the final written and practical for peer review.

Had some time waiting on the review, and decided to log in. I forgot I promised Eryl a duel and acquiesced, despite him trying to hunt me thinking I didn't see him :D. Anyway, I had made a couple changes and my offense still sucks but defensively I was able to last way, WAY longer than before with he or Farrah. So I'm kinda like.. motivated to play more.

But Eleusis saw him as I stepped out to heal up a smidge and attacked because I forgot to tell them we were duelling (been so damn long).

LSS: We duelled and neither of us died. I know I'm Eleusian so this is a cliche, but I call that a win for me since before he killed me in about 15 seconds. This fight lasted 3 minutes (and I ran a room away twice).

Literally logged off, and got a bunch of parts for my new Jeep and my peer review came in the email so.. back to that!

• edited June 2021

Defending the gates with @Iaxus @Kiryn @Vasher.

First time doing group combat with formulations.

I would normally spoil the image so people wouldn't have to see it if they didn't want to, but I don't think you can use spoiler for images currently.

The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."
  • edited June 2021

The more things change:

- 2021/06/18 22:59:32 - Zenui has been slain by the might of Twilight, the God of Darkness.

- 2021/06/18 22:59:54 - Mezghar has been slain by the might of Lorielan, the Jade Empress.

...the more they stay the same:

Manifesting suddenly and uncomfortably close to the incarcerated Undead Prince, the Jade Empress Lorielan took a silent moment to study the perpetrator. As She began to speak, Her words were cut short by the interjection of Deucalion, uttering an insult that was barely heard before the crackling combustion of divine fire arced for all the world to see. The flared tempers of Brother and Sister striking down Their respective mortals Farrah and Zenui. (Events 537)

• I um.

I did an oopsie.

• Eurice Member Posts: 23 ✭

6:10PM

I um.

I did an oopsie.

LOL, if all of what happened was on accident, oh goodness...

• Wait... you weren't actually trying to do all that? Hehe, oops indeed.

• 22:23:27 Opening your great maw, you unleash an overpowering blast of flesh-searing lightning at the Grandmaster of the Quisalis, whose body goes rigid as she screams in agony.

22:23:27 The Grandmaster of the Quisalis lets out a shrill, maniacal cackle before disappearing in a swirl of her cloak.

22:23:27 The lightning arcs about her body, bursting her heart and roasting her own organs inside her body as she quickly perishes.

22:23:27 You have slain the Grandmaster of the Quisalis, retrieving the corpse.

22:23:27 A monarch's ransom of golden sovereigns spills from the corpse, flying into your hands before they can reach the ground.

and then...

22:23:34                            *         *         *
    22:23:34                             *        *        *
    22:23:34                              *       *       *
    22:23:34                               *      *      *
    22:23:34                                *     *     *
    22:23:34                                 *    *    *
    22:23:34                                         
    22:23:34                       * * * * * *  BOOM!  * * * * * *
    22:23:34                                           
    22:23:34                                 *    *    *
    22:23:34                                *     *     *
    22:23:34                               *      *      *
    22:23:34                              *       *       *
    22:23:34                             *        *        *
    22:23:34                            *         *         *

Whoever fired off the firework, even if it wasn't intended for me, I really appreciated it :)

He has endured the machinations of the Grandmaster of the Quisalis. (54 - 1)

Thanks to @Vinzent @Vasher and @Tianondria who I could not have done this without :)

• Neato! 16 hits of loki in .11 seconds

• E;kill;queue add equal tumble west:tumble west;tumble west

Spend ten minutes fighting the hatchlings only to find out their mom can't be reasonably killed by one person.

• "working as intended" aka WAI (hhw-i)

• I'm up visiting my parents for Father's day, but I managed to sneak in this afternoon while everyone napped and earn 100 greathunt points. It was so fun to be able to hop in and earn those five credits, and very kind of some random dragons to let me follow them around for a while. Inching my way closer to dragon little by little, I'll get there one of these days!

• Cailin Member Posts: 356 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished

6:44PM

I'm up visiting my parents for Father's day, but I managed to sneak in this afternoon while everyone napped and earn 100 greathunt points. It was so fun to be able to hop in and earn those five credits, and very kind of some random dragons to let me follow them around for a while. Inching my way closer to dragon little by little, I'll get there one of these days

So THAT'S where those mysterious 5 credits came from!

• As a broker, mystery credits make me panic.

• Random person on market channel: "Selling mementoes"

HELP MEMENTOES

RESOLUTION LIST

"Kill 5000 Orcs" -- killed about 10000 I guess

"Kill 5000 Mhun" -- killed about 10000 here too

"Earn level 60" -- done

"Become a Dragon" -- and done

*crying in a corner hating myself* 😥