What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• Pushing shit in is how @Caelan celebrates Pride Month.

• I would make a joke that Im sure you could take (lol) but may get me banned.

Now, go knock out that tenant for me. :-)

• Lmao.

To be fair even I shouldn't make the jokes I do most the time.

I am knocking them out with the legal system. I got this.

• Happy Pride! A quick suggestion: ask around to see how that line of roleplay went for the Guardians of Moghedu clan!

• @Cerenea hey.. so 99% of what I post on the forums is me just fucking around. No need to take any of it with more than a grain of salt.

But you did chase (from what I saw) outside of Moghedu and I was just saying most people don't like the griefing that comes from opening themselves up like that, especially when it is because of helping Fieth who doesn't ask if you are killing mhun, doesn't look to see if you are, he just assumed you are if you're in Moghedu. Some people aren't cool with dying a bunch for thinking they're helping a citymate but the mate turns out to be the aggressor. IF you are, cool.

Also, I'm in the same boat... re-learning all the combat stuff and re-writing my system to do all the things I never had time to do in between doing work stuff. Have a happy Pride.

• FYI you're not meant to chase out of the area, if someone is hunting somewhere you're defending. The help file rather explicitly states as much.

Disappearing from Achaea for now. See you, space cowboy.

smileyface#8048 if you wanna chat.

• edited June 2021

Fieth who doesn't ask if you are killing mhun, doesn't look to see if you are, he just assumed you are if you're in Moghedu.

This is incredibly untrue from everything I've seen. When Fieth killed a Cyrenian a few weeks ago, I decided to lurk around Moghedu and watch him for a bit. I watched him repeatedly warn people, and only attack after they told him to fuck off. I then interfered, and ran like hell because I have no idea what I'm doing in combat. We then had an entirely pleasant conversation.

• Lots of people who don't carry around shimmering orbs, then try to deny killing mobs even when you can see their corpses in their inventory when you appraise them lol.

Disappearing from Achaea for now. See you, space cowboy.

smileyface#8048 if you wanna chat.

• Caelan likes to pretend I'm some kind of monster trolling for easy kills because I didn't spill Fieth's entire life story in response to his extremely interactive "no". I warn every single person repeatedly and have never once pursued past gates. Those who I have warned numerous times I eventually start actually jumping, but by that point you've made it quite clear you're willing to accept the consequences of hunting Moghedu... or you're just incredibly dense. Also, hard to warn through an ignore, which was a hilarious response to losing an issue saying I wasn't doing enough IC resolution.

• edited June 2021

I dont pretend you are a monster (youre barely a blip on my radar) just a douche and a liar not worth dealing with. I admit I was tempted to declare Ashtan an Aegean hunting ground (since your only answer to me came from the issue where you hid behind being a high clan) but I decided you werent worth it.

"I warn every person repeatedly.." - I walked in, looked at you, looked at the gold statue of you, looked back at you (not knowing you were GoM or why you were there. I was actually trying to engage you). I moved a room or two and never hit anything, you came in and said "leave" and then I hit a lag spike ffom Comcast sucking. You almost immediately began attacking after that say.

That was our first interaction.

"Those I have warned numerous times I just start jumping" - You never spoke after that. So in this case 'warning repratedly' was 0. In fact I had to ask villagemates what the fuck your deal was. After 2 hours of you jumping with no talking, yeah I issued. THAT was where I found out from you the WHY and it took an issue to get it out of you (no RP). 2 weeks later when the issue was finally answered, including the ISSUE MEs about you hiring on me, I put you on ignore.

You also stated you only attack when you see them attack a mhun but you and I know that was bullshit because I sat in an empty room and you attacked. I walked in to a room with mhun and sat there WAITING, and you attacked. And yeah, I did it just to prove you were a liar because none of the issues were resolved.

"Never once pursued past the gates"? You sure about that?

In fact after I learned you were GoM (and so was Shirszae I think), I briefly entertained the idea of a mhun reconciliation because in Shallam we couldn't hunt mhun either. But then you chose to run in and attack without seeing why I was standing there and letting them attack me so I said, 'nah..Gonna just hire on this shitbird and go about my day.' So if anything, you helped stifle any chance at RP about the issue of Moghedu.

Like I said though, you arent worth the time already given, but congrats on your "first" post.

• edited June 2021

can't edit but full disclosure is important, so I will waste more time, especially because I was partly wrong..

Just doublechecked because I had a moment of downtime.

I walked in, did the 'look at you' thing, you said "yeah I lost a fight, everyone does". I moved rooms and I DID hit a mhun knight and all you said was "Hunters are not welcome here, Caelan." "Leave". which I mistook for a mhun doing their room says because I didn't see you enter .

(Not posting the actual log because it is messy AF and one thing I'm in the middle of fixing, so I'll post the timestamps from Mudlet - which is odd, because I know I was laggier, but it doesn't show so..) You are free to post a log contesting it.

05/11/2021:

21:37:58.786 - Entered Moghedu.

21:38:13.753 You have emoted: Caelan looks at a pike.

21:38:16.577 You have emoted: Caelan looks at you.

21:38:16.921 Fieth ponders you with a contemplative expression.

21:38:22.854 You have emoted: Caelan looks at you.

21:38:24.616 You have emoted: Caelan looks at a pike.

21:38:29.078 Fieth says in a quiet voice, "Yes, I lost a fight."

21:38:32.308 "Heh heh heh," you chuckle.

21:38:34.278 Fieth says in a quiet voice, "Everyone loses fights."

21:38:48.681 - Moved rooms and hit a mhun

21:38:51.492 - Balance / Hit mhun

21:38:54.410 - Balance/Hit mhun

21:38:56.922 - Balance/Hit mhun

21:38:59.730 - Balance/Hit mhun

21:39:02.866 - Balance/Hit mhun

21:39:04.384 - Picked you up on alertness, south of me

21:39:08.222 - Balance/Hit mhun

21:39:11.404 Fieth says in a quiet voice, "Hunters are not welcome here, Caelan."

21:39:15.226 - Balance/hit mhun

21:39:17.224 - Vitality popped by elite mhun keeper

21:39:17.474 - Balance/Hit mhun

21:39:20.847 "Ouch!" you shriek in pain.

21:39:21.159 - Balance/hit mhun

21:39:23.796 - Balance/hit mhun

21:39:26.448 - Balance/hit mhun

21:39:28.757 Fieth says in a quiet voice, "Leave."

21:39:29.849 - Balance/hit mhun -- Start of 10 second lag spike, as I had already entered 'raise'

21:39:33.584 You raise an eyebrow questioningly.

21:39:39.029 - Balance/hit mhun

21:39:40.636 - Pinshot by you / killed twice through burst.

Next interaction:

21:51:30.553 Fieth says in a quiet voice, "Leave, Caelan."

21:51:33.445 Fieth says in a quiet voice, "Hunters are not welcome."

21:51:34.209 You shake your head.

21:52:19.579 - Died again, left to redef.

21:59:04.150 - Put a contract on you, hoping that would send the message I had no idea why you were jumping me while hunting and I wasn't in a playing mood.

22:31:48.322 - You killed Janella.

22:32:15.729 - Put another contract on you. You still didn't get it.

Next interaction:

22:54:43.982 You see that Fieth is located at Living quarters in Moghedu. (18834)

22:54:51.794 Vaulted junction. (indoors)

22:54:51.795 A hastily scrawled report has been left here.

22:54:51.797 You see exits leading north, southeast, south, and west.

22:54:53:667 You touch the tattoo and a nearly invisible shield forms around you.

22:54:53.669 - EQ

22:54:58.205 You close your eyes momentarily and extend the range of your vision, seeking out the presence of Fieth.

22:54:58.207 You see that Fieth is located at Training hall in Moghedu. (18805)

22:54:58.219 - EQ (And then I STOOD THERE. No mhun, no attacks, no conversation)

22:55:11.725 Fieth flays away your shield defence.

And again:

23:04:39.782 - You attacked. I walked out.

23:06:33.933 Fieth tells you, "I wonder what about hunting here is so important that you cannot accept defeat."

In fact I didn't ignore you until 05/12/2021 at 01:05:14.459

And I can't post issues or I could prove you lied more there as well, mostly about the same claims you're making here. Hiring is ' IC resolution' though. I guess that works because I was a bit vulgar in my first issue which is why I deleted it. I figured it would hurt the admin's feelings and lead to a ruling against me just based on the word choice due to fragile eyes.

And through your OOC tells/msgs that 'if I kept hiring I would be shrubbed', you never once mentioned WHY you were attacking, or that you were a member of GoM. It literally took an issue after 6 or 8 attacks for any kind of mention or interaction beyond "leave" from you, and that was only twice. the first time I raised my eyebrow pretty clearly indicating I had no idea why you were telling me to leave.

Not once did you "RP" the why of what you were doing, I assumed you were just butthurt about me emoting about the statue of you and taking offense to it, using that to gin up some BS RP 'cause'. Over the course of two hours, this is the extent of our interaction. I wouldn't call it amazing RP on either side, and would be more believable from you if Ashtani weren't also killing mhun with not a peep from you during the same time. From what I could see, you didn't attack Reonna (Targ) and you ignored Kazuya (Ashtani) hunting which led me to believe you were just being a dick because you knew I was laggy with shit curing.

• edited June 2021

I have seen so, so much toxicity and negativity around these forums ever since joining Achaea and it's seriously off-putting. Not just here but also in the "Raves" thread (seriously?) and random other places where the threads then sadly and quickly die. Makes me second guess if I wanna be part of the community sometimes (you can argue that maybe I should just stay off the forums but I like coming here to see what others are up to and read interesting content and learn new things)

I honestly don't think any of you guys are shitty people, and the funny thing is, I've received kind advice from the people here both IC and OOC. But this finger pointing and calling people names and liars is so commonplace, it's like walking into a bad meme. Maybe you guys know this and don't care, but the other IRE games (I used to play them a loong time ago and lurk their forums/Discord sometimes) have this view of Achaea too, and it's sad because this world is so massive and developed and full of genuinely nice and awesome people. Yeah, that counts all of you as well.

Instead of thinking someone else is lying or making shit up, can we consider why they're adopting that POV? Do you really think this person is out to make your day miserable? Is there a chance that your interpretation of their actions was coloured by your own emotions?

I know Achaea is a very conflict-focused and PvP oriented world, which leads to interesting interactions and stories, but can lead to ugly situations like these, too. As a new-ish player I just hope I can offer fresh perspective and I just implore everyone to be more empathetic. We come here to feel better and have fun, not the opposite. Our community is small enough already.

• I don't know Caelan at all but my first IC interaction with Fieth was fine. I was bashing Mog, he came in and said "Leave."/"Hunters aren't welcome here." To me, that was pretty clear that he was going to attack me when I kept bashing. I'm not sure why Caelan didn't understand that as well, sure maybe Fieth could have clearly stated "If you keep attacking I will defend Moghedu" but it's pretty common knowledge that Mog is protected by a High Clan.

People need to remember this is an RP game, and issue/ignore is OOC resolution, not a first step.

Jumpy said:
    The membership is already such a good deal that there is no way we can reduce the cost. 

• Not sure about it being common knowledge, I've killed thousands in Moghedu for years and never in my life has someone tried to kill me for it.

• Woland, in your first week here you thanked someone for giving you information on caches/cards/etc and you thanked them for their informed reply.

Unfortunately their post was completely backwards. This person gave you advice that selling caches and sleeves (you can't sell sleeves by the way) is "rarely a good ROI compared to selling them". This information is 100% backwards - overall, opening caches and cards for yourself will give you a much larger return.

It's not even close - I've made close to 50,000 credits buying and selling these items. I can tell you with 100% certainty that you can get more credits long term if you open caches yourself than selling them. Individual caches have the chance of opening for a lower value piece, but it will average up the more you open. Seragorn, Peak, Proficy, Dochitha, Andraste, and many others can confirm this for you. There's a reason all of us have huge amounts of in game wealth and spam the crap out of the market looking for caches, globes, spins, etc.

This person also told you that the chance of getting a full set of something is not realistic unless you open large volumes of caches. This is also 100% false, as you can easily get most pieces from other players or the talisman market. The "best" talisman from each set will always be hard to get due to how many wealthy players desire them, but the rest are easy to put together.

This person also told you that if you open caches you will get stuck with bound credits instead of unbound. This is also 100% untrue because you easily find someone to sell them to that will give you unbound credits in return.

This person also made you think that getting a cache was the worst outcome, as evidenced by your next post where you said "But maybe I was just lucky though, as I could've gotten 5 caches in a row and that'd have sucked" - getting 5 caches in a row would have been incredibly lucky and would have been one of the most desirable outcomes outside of winning a huge credit value artie.

There's a reason that the players react harshly to some specific people in game and on the forums. Overall the toxicity is insane and I've taken part in an embarrassingly large amount of it - but very occasionally it's for a good reason.

tl;dr You took advice from someone who was confident they were right but that person ended up costing you an unknown amount of credits.

• ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol

ya the people here are pretty shitty. i suggest staying away from most of them on any ooc level.

• @Sobriquet I've personally thrown myself at every single non ashtani I've seen in Moghedu. Including Proficy, Amranu and Dunn, none of which I have a hope in hell against. Ashtani hunters I report to the clan and ask any non ashtani GoM to deal with. I go in 1v2 on the regular as well. I die a lot over this, and will continue to, because that's what Fieth would do.

@Caelan I'm not going to start a spiel about Fieth's history with moghedu and why he feels called to defend it every time someone hunts there... because most people flatly do not care. People who ask, like @Treyal did, Fieth will gladly talk to about his reasoning and his motivation. People who give a single word negative and otherwise do not interact except to return and continue hunting will just get attacked, win or lose on my part. I will admit I messed up and attacked you once when you weren't hunting, and admitted as much when you issued. Was a mistake, just like how you had no justification to hire on me for attacking you and losing in a 2v1, but you did anyways. I sent you an ooc heads up about the illegal hire, but I had no problems with the various other ones because they were justified. Hire away if I kill you in Mog, but if you think it's going to make me abandon 10 real life years of characterization of Fieth and his relationship with Moghedu you have another thing coming lol. You were warned, twice. Your only answers were single syllable negatives. You never asked why, or responded in any tangible manner except to hire without a word. You're literally the only person who has had any trouble understanding why Fieth is attacking them... so I don't really see it as plausible that I'm not being clear enough.

• Can confirm Fieth tries to kill anyone.

• He and his group tried to kill me, and I’ve seen him attack @Dunn and @Mizik so..... Also @Caelan did you hire again for the same thing after fieth killed your champ? P. Lame. (if I’m reading your detailing right).

@Fieth and I have talked a lot, and he doesn’t just camp moghedu (I know this because I clear moghedu regularly- though him being there isn’t a deterrent for my char tbh)

@Sobriquet I feel a tell or two is enough. If you’re mostly mindless and but you’re still bashing (getting exp and gold), which in turn puts you at a disadvantage for a contract/gank/defense... I don’t see anything wrong with that.

My 2 cents. These opinions are the player behind Astarod and represent only the player pop that inherently agree with them, and are not indicative of others who do not.

The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."
  • @Archaeon 100% can confirm, I'm too nice IG and should be more like my OOC self but last time I was, I got forum banned

@Fieth It is entirely my standard 'rp' response to throw an emote out. I don't say much at all in game and since 2017 have largely tried to just stay to myself. When I did, you attacked. You quite literally removed any arrPee option from the situation except combat mechanics. And I remember when the clan was founded, and have been back playing since 2017, it has never been 'a thing'. I hunted from level 90-03 there after I left Shallam and before my 5yr of not playing, and I've hunted there from level 93 when I came back, to level 110 with no issues, and didn't even know your name until I saw you standing next to your statuette. So your 'long history' is maybe not as long or well-known as you think. As I stated, I had to be told by people in the village who you were and why you were attacking.

Now you concede you did mess up once when I wasn't hunting but ... do I need to post the log of at least 5 other times I wasn't? I mean, really? Let's just admit it. You knew you could, so you did...without any further interaction. I guess just sack up and admit it. I am an asshole and freely admit it. I also admit I went back a couple times just to see if you really gave a fuck about the RP aspect by standing there to see how you proceeded. I can post all of those if you really want but its basically you pinging alertness and then attacking. Holding up the wildly inconsistent admin decision to justify it is pretty funny. Same with lying about the when and why you got ignored.

@Astarod - At that point I hired for 1 of 2 deaths, he killed my mark, I hired for the second death, and then he attacked me again multiple times and hired on me. By the end of the night, regardless of whether I was hunting or not, he attacked me about 12 times.

• Caelan you posted a log of you ignoring Fieth's RP attempts and you just kept bashing. Why are you bitching that he didn't try RP? It's pretty clear he did.

• I hired on you? What?

I've literally never hired on anyone, ever. You had multiple opportunities to rp as shown in your own logs. Multiple people have done so... at some point you have to realize the problem here was you.

• Pointing out, he didn't attack Reonna because she is a mhun who no longer hunts Moghedu. And hasn't since before the GoM started being more active again. So zero reason for him to attack her for her being in Moghedu.

• As for Reysons post, I believe Mhaldor protects black rock in the same way?

High clans are considered a valid organization so I see no reason why a high clan with the specific, admin approved purpose of defending moghedu would then get in trouble with admin for carrying out actions related to it.

Quit bitching about being attacked in a place that you all know very well has a high clan dedicated to it's defense.

That's what the clans for, it's what it was always for. Will always be for, and if you're a level 110 who has been around forever what'd you even die for anyway?

Hint: when you first look at the races on the website there was something about mhuns being loyal to their race...

• I am now embracing this new 'RP cause' clause and will be less gun-shy, say fuck it, and go all out. If I get issued I can say "I said 'leave', and gave them 1.6 seconds to, they didn't" and know that the admin will be okay with that.

And none of it will change my opinion that he/she's just a douche. So we can move on.