What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• edited June 2021

I mean isn't that the whole reason Aegeans joined Eleusis.

Claim they care about nature so they can bash enemy guards, defend Gaia shrines and smash people in groups all for the glory of Nature. Or wait is that different somehow?

• I mean... You tried to point out how he didn't attack Reonna, only for her to tell you why he didn't... But you decided to double down anyway.

The only one who's really been a douche here so far, has been you. Literally even your own logs show that, yikes.

Disappearing from Achaea for now. See you, space cowboy.

smileyface#8048 if you wanna chat.

• @Saonji it probably has something to do with the lag from his bad hotel internet the past couple months.

• What happened to you today?

Welp, I got distracted from playing a text based game because this thread became a total trainwreck.

In other, more optimistic news, it was totally yesterday in my time now but I saw an old friend I hadn't in a long while. That made me happy.

One of my beloved organisations is expanding and I'm about to embark upon a new journey. Hopefully I shall have time to fish.

• You clearly don't understand the rules, you should probably look them up before exploding like a gigantic asshole again.

• @Cooper I messaged Woland promptly in-game to correct everything and offer advice.

• You good people, thx Peak.

• Yeah, I was about to post the same thing - @Peak very kindly spoke to me in private about the market and I have a better understanding of it now. I appreciate the extra points you made as well @Cooper - fortunately, I haven't spent very much yet. I won't wonder what I could've gotten from those caches 😂 and I sold all except one to Peak, so I'm OK with that. I understand the person in question is perceived a certain way here, and as justified as the reactions to said person may be, to a newcomer it still looks pretty harsh (since that person doesn't outwardly appear toxic, just... misinformed? Which is still unfortunate). I'll have to reflect on that some more.

Anyway, hopefully your post will come up first when someone next searches for info on this on the forums! Thanks again

• @Woland mostly disappointment from just a few caches, but in bulk, a realistic possibility (even probability) of awesome.

• I love how I don’t even need a name drop to know who you’re all talking about. Some things never change

• @Caelan I can't tell if you're genuinely confused or not. If you are, read help denizen alliances. Then city relations moghedu. You can see GOM and Moghedu are mutually allied, which allows GOM to defend Moghedu after issuing a warning.

No one is claiming you can just order people to leave wherever you want and then kill them. There is, however, a specific rule for this when it comes to denizen allied orgs!

• Well I can only say that Fieth and Cerenea are top on their roleplay, hell I'm bashing mhuns and my own citymates are all over me. I was actually prepared to get jumped but I guess Cerenea didn't know if it was ok. I actually think this is wonderful vecause just logging on for boring bashing and boring waiting people to leave their cities so you can kill them can be.. boring. Why don't we all roll with it? More of this! Punish them for protecting those ugly mhuns creatures!

• After like 20 years of playing this game, I got the role I have always wanted because of LotR.

Steward: Accipiter

• Do you have any tomatoes?

• ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol

• JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.

@Woland A lot of the toxicity that you see stems from the fact that a fair number of us have known each other for 10+ (sometimes 20) years.

What you see as toxicity, I see as something more like sibling bickering.

except one guy, I still hate that guy.

I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • @Accipter

I am so excited you became Steward, you have been working so hard for Hashan, and you are such a wonderful person to have around. You work hard for Hashan, and are such a positive part of City morale and general involvement. I truly enjoy Accipiter and her balance of silly and serious.

While this isn't a raves thread, Gurklukke has really enjoyed getting to know you.

• edited June 2021

Gurklukke Member Posts: 93 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished

June 5 edited June 5

I mean isn't that the whole reason Aegeans joined Eleusis.

Claim they care about nature so they can bash enemy guards, defend Gaia shrines and smash people in groups all for the glory of Nature. Or wait is that different somehow?

Fairly sure the Ageans would bash guards, defend shrines, smash people, and glorify <whatever> no matter what village or city they are belonged to individually or collectively. It just so happens that the majority of us find ourselves in Eleusis right now or allied to it, which means they're embracing its ethos IC, which is proper.

It's not a fake 'claim' to enter conflict. Just the players' current worldview unfolding through their overall RP. How this relates to the GOM, which I think was the topic at-hand, is unclear to me. Are you saying people are joining GOM just to get in on mhun-bashing ganks?

Idk. Folks move in and out of orgs all the time, embracing and dissolving their beliefs as they do so. Pretty common stuff there. It's how the world turns and characters develop their histories, personalities, and longer-term IC-held beliefs.

• It just so happens that the majority of us find ourselves in Eleusis right now or allied to it

That was definitely a coincidence.

Jumpy said:
    The membership is already such a good deal that there is no way we can reduce the cost. 

• ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol

instead of thinking 'oh man everyone is joining eleusis for the bandwagon' why doesn't the conversation shift to the real reason:

why are other cities so unappealing?

• AustereAustere Tennessee

It just so happens that the majority of us find ourselves in Eleusis right now or allied to it

That was definitely a coincidence.

No coincidence at all. We actually get along and enjoy playing together. Do... other orders not?

• I mean, we play the game together so much we became friends and prefer to stick together How is that so hard to understand.

• Because everyone has to assume they know other players' motivations, and it's always the worst possible motivation.

When I switched to Eleusis I know several people assumed I did it because of the event running at the time. It never occurred to them that I had been thinking about heading to Eleusis for a while and had developed some ig connections with Eleusians beforehand to 'test the waters' so to speak.

• why are other cities so unappealing?

Every single city has things about them that make them vastly unappealing to a large portion of the game.

At the end of the day, it is a multiplayer game, where people make friends. I'd wager a majority of said players, go where their friends are mostly playing, and find an IC reason later that fits for their character.

People rarely last in a city full of people they don't get along with.

Disappearing from Achaea for now. See you, space cowboy.

smileyface#8048 if you wanna chat.

• I was entirely making fun of the fact that Truax implied y'all accidentally ended up in Eleusis, and it wasn't coordinated. I understand going where your friends are, but implying otherwise is lol.

Jumpy said:
    The membership is already such a good deal that there is no way we can reduce the cost. 

• edited June 2021

and to clarify, I implied that I don't see folks saying these are acts of War, instead I see folks spewing Gaian edict.

Hail Nature, not Hail War.

They truthfully found a source to utilise their love for War, as an army for frankly....an Order that wouldn't survive what is being thrown around without them. I say this having defended Aegis shrines while Cyrenian and seeing only Shirszae and Uilien showing up to defend them. For Gaian shrines however, the Aegeans come in droves.

By all means I think its great that people find people they enjoy playing with the way they want to play. That is part of what brought me to Hashan and the culture that is there, and the people who have been awesome to me since coming.

• Iaxus Member Posts: 339 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished

8:19PM

I was entirely making fun of the fact that Truax implied y'all accidentally ended up in Eleusis, and it wasn't coordinated. I understand going where your friends are, but implying otherwise is lol.

Eh. I was allied/Scion/Eleusian for six RL months before anyone else joined. I had no idea anyone else was planning to join until the RL day before they did so. From my perspective, the others could have easily stayed put or gone elsewhere, but I'm glad they didn't.

Shrines placed in Cyrene were given a shelf life for a reason.

• The forestal/druidic trope is strong and often has a large following in any fantasy setting. It makes a lot of sense that people would find a newly invigorated Eleusis attractive because of that alone, not even factoring in anything else.

• I was interested for awhile, but Eleusis (from an outsider's perspective) didn't seem to be in that healthy of a spot.

Then Gaia came back.. and the Recusant shit happened.

And now I'm somehow High Warden and regularly loving Eleusis.