What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• Don't even get me fucking started Milabar.. I know full well what created all the Paperwork

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • What's a Milabar?

• Unit of pressure measurement...

• Hahaha cute.

I liked that joke back in 2005 too.

• So dropping dirks that are a little annoying and take less time than praying to clean up - terrible RP and the worst thing anyone could have ever done.

Guard bashing that costs hundreds of thousands of gold to replace and a reasonably long time to station all the guards - great RP, let's all get in on it.

You people are all dicks who need to learn how to act like reasonably.

• @Accipiter

It would have been less... Except we've been getting radiated in our fights with Mhaldor nearly every engagement/day and dying because gravehands are indiscriminate and murdering the Alchemist at stage 2 generally gets us dead because we also take 90% of our health.

• JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.

I legit don’t understand. They’re just guards. It’s not the principle of the thing either because it’s just a game. They didn’t kick your puppy and it’s not a personal insult to the player behind the character- at least, I don’t think it is.

I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • F.A.F.O.

• ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol

the next step in the eleusian plan for dominance is that we're going to shit on the hood of Accipiter's car.

• Hey, Archy. Long time no see. Hope you're doing ok. I know being in the Military is tough, but want to make sure you've not put your back out jumping on that fast moving bandwagon ;)

• Gee, I wonder if Hashan being a dick to Eleusis has anything to do with Adrik killing the crew of Kuriel's personal ship.

Hmmmmmmmmm

ya no i was fine jumping on the bandwagon, decided i want to play with people to back me up in light of getting teamed all the time by a bunch of players in hashan :P

seriously though you fuckers take this shit too serious. why you have to be mad, its just a game?

• edited May 2021

Hashani crew: Eleusis is raiding Targossas! Quick lets get some free kills with Radiation and Breathrain!

Eleusis: Steals Hashan's tanks, nukes the city, kill their guards and the few defenders who were there.

Hashan:

Edit: Jokes aside though, slap someone enough time and they will reach for the baseball bat and start hitting back

• Don't get me wrong here guys, I know which side I'm on with regards to actions.

Funnily enough, Sobby is also no longer MoS or in the Army...

• Why were you canned? By the looks of it you were doing your best to keep it as civilized as possible?

• That's probably why.

Most Achaeans when anything mildly inconveniences them.

Disappearing from Achaea for now. See you, space cowboy.

smileyface#8048 if you wanna chat.

• @Savira No real need to go into details here, it's not really fair on those involved. Although there was some frustration and misunderstanding of intent that crept in while things were going on.

I tried really hard to find an IC way of trying reiterate Rule 1, I even got an appreciation tell from Telaan about my newspost. The problem is that people view events and actions differently, thus their reactions and consequences differently. I'm by no means saying "I'm right, they're wrong", but when the views differ so wildly it can be difficult to reach a middle ground.

IC - The actions of a few went against what my character agrees with. I made a decision accordingly and lets see how it plays out.

OOC - The actions of a few went against what I feel is an appropriate way to act and behave in a Multiplayer game, but appreciate everyone has their own views.

• Ah so before Sobriquet spark a revolution they went ahead and censored him?

Well on the bright side, now you have plenty of time for a nice vacation!

• This stroke of luck today can become the beginnings of a terrible addiction:

A large, prismatic Wheel of Fortune slows down to a halt, rewarding you with a decorated sleeve.
    You have received a racetrack ticket!
    You just won 500 credits!

😅

• @Jonathin Killing guards is a dick move because it is a much higher cost to replace them than is usually associated with raiding. Usually the cost is 20k per room and to get more than 2 or 3 rooms it takes a hell of a lot of effort. Killing guards is 25k each guard and can be done very quickly.

The action of killing the guards doesn't super concern me, it is the attitude of "let's make them bleed as much as possible" that makes it a dick move.

@Amranu I don't know anything about killing of crew. If it was done by sinking and he didn't have tokens that is on Adrik, but if Kuriel somehow managed to get aboard and murder the crew that is even more of a dick move than killing guards and I agree deserves retaliation.

• I was the one who killed Kuriel's crew, for reference.

It wasn't what started all this, it was just another step in the long series of events that is the griefening.

• @Accipiter it was the latter. Kuriel hadn't logged on in a month and Adrik still had boarding perms from when he was Hashani so he boarded and killed the crew.

• JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.

@Accipiter the time cost, I can understand. If it takes a a long time to rehire a bunch of guards, I won’t question that gripe. The gold cost is a non-issue though.

I honestly don’t know how long it takes to replace a bunch of guards and it may be a dumb idea full of holes, but the first thing that comes to mind is to maybe just be able to save the guard layout and rehire all missing on a sliding gold and time scale of how many are being replaced.

I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • edited May 2021

I mean guards are just kinda boring to kill, and inconvenient enough to the players to show that its a tool to get a point across.

I don't really get up in arms when people use a mechanical way to do mechanical things.

I feel like sometimes its like playing protoss against the zerg....I need more vespene gas and I dont have enough pylons.

Eleusis is just doing conflict, same as we are doing conflict. Its different ways, but it hasn't like devolved too much into incoherent malarky, I can name times over a decade ago when I played this game before that said malarky was more prevalent and fathoms more toxic.

Big Booms beget Big Booms.

if u want i can make it more toxic

• "Others have been more griefy / toxic / dickish / cockwomblish in the past, so let's just carry on" is a pathetically poor take on things.

I guess it makes a change for a rant that even after losing 8 rooms and over 100 guards recently, the thing that really tipped me over the edge was my own team.

Them's the breaks, I guess.

Today I went hunting and didn't get involved in any raiding or skirmishing at all and it was -delightful-

• edited May 2021

Enjoy your hunting I suppose, and I will enjoy what I like to do.

Your bitter OOC tirades get old.

Just because you don't like something, doesn't mean you have to take it out on everyone else who does like something. It is childish at best. We are all players playing a game with different perspectives. We don't have to be friends with everyone, and we do not have to like the same things, but this one has been exceptionally annoying, because it is all you have complained about for days. In the game, on the forums.

IC/OOC....whatever.

We could have talked it out like adults, but instead it turned into the player is bad because the character made a choice. The general demeanor demonstrated has been amusing on my end I suppose.