What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    I had to rush off halfway because I was running late for work *cries*

• Kresslack said:
    There were a lot of people who gathered for the opening ceremony of the Seleucarian Games, and there was a lot going on, but this part stuck out to me. To provide context, crates of candles, specially made for this ceremony, and were being lit from each other.

Arin holds her lit candle towards Cooper, smiling.

Not sure if he noticed or was playing the stoic Mhaldorian, but was great to see the gesture.
    Fifteen minutes earlier, she called Deziny a "trigger-happy pirate" and refused to give her a lift over to the event because she doesn't fraternize with enemies. :D 

And also, I loved that whole thing. I loved that it happened. I loved that so many turned up, and I loved how the whole thing went down. Bravo! This is the kind of stuff that makes Achaea so damn addictive. 

• Skye said:
    I had to rush off halfway because I was running late for work *cries*
    Ugh I feel you, feel like I miss all the good stuff while I am working! :cry:

• edited June 2019
    Deziny said:
    Kresslack said:
    There were a lot of people who gathered for the opening ceremony of the Seleucarian Games, and there was a lot going on, but this part stuck out to me. To provide context, crates of candles, specially made for this ceremony, and were being lit from each other.

Arin holds her lit candle towards Cooper, smiling.

Not sure if he noticed or was playing the stoic Mhaldorian, but was great to see the gesture.
    Fifteen minutes earlier, she called Deziny a "trigger-happy pirate" and refused to give her a lift over to the event because she doesn't fraternize with enemies. :D 

And also, I loved that whole thing. I loved that it happened. I loved that so many turned up, and I loved how the whole thing went down. Bravo! This is the kind of stuff that makes Achaea so damn addictive. 

If the shoe fits... kidding, kidding! If Deziny pays her fine she'll take her anywhere in Meropis she wants to go and give her some tea and flowers while she's at it, but pirates have a special place in her grumbles. Taking after Aunt @Laedha ? :lol:

This was a really promising start to the games, it was lovely to see people from all over participating. There was even a stray Targossian, which was kind of interesting. I can't wait to see the upcoming events!

• Minifie said:
    Taleila said:
    For the first time ever, in all my years of playing Achaea...

Lightning-quick, you jab a plump harlot with a Scimitar of Hawks.
    You have scored a CRUSHING CRITICAL hit!
    You have slain a plump harlot retrieving the corpse.
    You have learned a new Attainment ability: Dragonhood.
    Your soul cries out in ecstasy as it reaches new heights of power. You have advanced to level
    You have completed the Ashaxei's Brood resolution! Congratulations!
    You just received message #490 from Achaea.
    You just received a group of 15 mementoes!
    You have reached the illustrious level of Greater Dragon

Grats, but you could use my actual name next time... :(
    hey, it's not my fault you didn't have your nametag on, or have your name tattooed across your chest... I didn't recognize you without your Evil face on.
  • You violently buffet a goblinoid soldier, battering him relentlessly.
    1304h, 5706m, 23430e, 16165w cekdb-41 [ 94% ](-40m, 0.7%) 
    1304h, 5706m, 23430e, 16165w cekdb-41 [ 94% ]
    Rearing back, a goblinoid soldier spits a stream of putrid, slimy goo in your eyes.
    An expansive bramble bush has been slain by a goblinoid soldier.
    The corpse of a sleek antelope falls out of your inventory.
    The corpse of a sleek antelope falls out of your inventory. (0.328s)
    0h, 5706m, 23430e, 16165w ex-40 [ 94% ](-1304h, 26.0%) 
    You may drink another health or mana elixir. (4.438s)

I turned into a bush...
  • Buscador said:
    You violently buffet a goblinoid soldier, battering him relentlessly.
    1304h, 5706m, 23430e, 16165w cekdb-41 [ 94% ](-40m, 0.7%) 
    1304h, 5706m, 23430e, 16165w cekdb-41 [ 94% ]
    Rearing back, a goblinoid soldier spits a stream of putrid, slimy goo in your eyes.
    An expansive bramble bush has been slain by a goblinoid soldier.
    The corpse of a sleek antelope falls out of your inventory.
    The corpse of a sleek antelope falls out of your inventory. (0.328s)
    0h, 5706m, 23430e, 16165w ex-40 [ 94% ](-1304h, 26.0%) 
    You may drink another health or mana elixir. (4.438s)

I turned into a bush...
    I mean, aren't we all just potential shrubbery?
  • edited June 2019
    Put a lot of what I learned from a forum thread I posted earlier today into practice. Stabby Boi came back with a vengeance and got me, but I managed to hold him off long enough for the dragon with me to chomp down on him. Started talking with serpents in my house to learn how to become a more effective snake hunter. That's gonna be tough, but fun.

Also, summoned my inner Ethan Hunt and along with @Khalyon and @Layta, we snuck into Hashan, pilfered some warhammer proficiency for me, and snuck back out before getting ganked. That was some adrenaline pumping stuff right there, and man was it fun. 

Also, Hashan, <3 for you guys, thanks for not putting a guard stack on Geld so that when a poor dumbass like myself that's enemied to your city needs warhammer proficiencies, he at least stands a chance of getting them. Also, I did not smudge your totems. I merely patted them. They were good totems and doing a good totem job.
  • Penwize said:
    Your soul cries out in ecstasy as it reaches new heights of power. You have advanced to level 152.
    You have reached the illustrious level of 82nd step to Divinity.

One more done, just in time for the XP events!

You Sir, need to calm down.

We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.

• Hello forums! Today I decided to participate in the xpevent because why not! Well ... because I got killed five times haha. I admit I was bummed at first but then found out you lose no experience plus it led to some great conversations that I’m still processing. ;)
  • "Synthus? Who?? Oh...THAT guy...."

;)

• edited June 2019
    Zbaco said:
    "Synthus? Who?? Oh...THAT guy...."

;)

Edit: Fine, no more fresh feesh for Zbaco.  :'(

(just kidding, you gets all da feesh) 
  • @Synthus If you're gonna volunteer to help Keorin out, I'd do so sooner rather than later. Most things take a decent bit of planning and the games are going to be over sooner than you think.

• Cooper said:
    @Synthus If you're gonna volunteer to help Keorin out, I'd do so sooner rather than later. Most things take a decent bit of planning and the games are going to be over sooner than you think.
    Already have! Sorry, re-reading my post, my wording made it seem like I'm sitting on the fence wondering if I should help or not, but that's not the case. I already checked the IRL event times and passed what events I'd be available to help out with to her. Also wrote the draft for the news post about the design contest, I'll be collecting the designs and collating them for judging, and I wrote a denizen letter too.

I think there's a little more top-level logistics going on though before anything gets finalized and events/duties get delegated. So for right now, I'm an on-call scribe, which I'm rather enjoying.  :)
  • Led Ashtani against Targossas in Jaru. Was really fun. 

Props to both sides for fighting it out. I had a blast. 
    The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."