What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• edited June 2019
    Shirszae said:
    Synthus said:
    Jurixe said:
    Without commenting on any preceding posts, regardless of your character or organixsation's IC stance, it never feels very good to have to be left out or sit out of something interesting, even if it is something you chose yourself.

I wouldn't be quite so disappointed yet over not getting to participate. There is plenty of time for things to happen!
    I mean, we might not be participating in the games, but that doesn't mean we aren't participating in the games.

#goteamDunn
    Oh, the irony.  :D

(sorry, couldn't resist. Also, yes, the irony is not lost on me.)
  • ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol
    Leave the poor dead horse alone
  • To be fair, I don't raid Cyrene...

that often.

• Mroxyl said:
    I'll disagree with that. I've not thought this was a good plot since Cyrene was conquered. Setting up a major world event where thousands of credits are up for grabs to be exclusive is something I consider worse. I don't point the finger for that at Cyrene, but at the admin team running it.
    Are you dissatisfied with the current event? We hadn't heard.

• edited June 2019
    Asmodron said:
    I feel at last I can say this.

I've been playing Achaea for roughly 10 years now, and during it always had a special love for Hashan. I always hoped to see it rise and gain more significance and ideals that shaped it to be recognized by the admin.

One thing I always wanted, hoped for and advocated was Hashan to gain a skill to represent it, and after those 10 long years it is finally here. I cant explain the joy i'm feeling right now.

As much as people may not enjoy me or my posts, I just want to thank the admin that gave so much of their time for this. I want to thank those players in Hashan that stood together and worked so hard to push Hashan to this state of advancement. It was a long struggle and you are all wonderful people. Finally, I want to thank those adversaries out there, for it is also in thanks to your challenges and determination to fight Hashan that assisted in the story's continuation.

Thank you all.
    That being said. Details man! Details! How is sublimation?
  • edited June 2019
    Asmodron said:
    I feel at last I can say this.

I've been playing Achaea for roughly 10 years now, and during it always had a special love for Hashan. I always hoped to see it rise and gain more significance and ideals that shaped it to be recognized by the admin.

One thing I always wanted, hoped for and advocated was Hashan to gain a skill to represent it, and after those 10 long years it is finally here. I cant explain the joy i'm feeling right now.

As much as people may not enjoy me or my posts, I just want to thank the admin that gave so much of their time for this. I want to thank those players in Hashan that stood together and worked so hard to push Hashan to this state of advancement. It was a long struggle and you are all wonderful people. Finally, I want to thank those adversaries out there, for it is also in thanks to your challenges and determination to fight Hashan that assisted in the story's continuation.

Thank you all.
    As much as reading that post absolutely disheartened me for other reasons. I'm glad that you as a player are enjoying it, and hope Hashan enjoys it. I echo a lot of your sentiments from the other side of the pool. So... honestly happy for you in that regard. Enjoy it dude. 
  • Right there with @Telendrieth, really disheartened, but not gonna begrudge you guys your fun. Glad you have something that is a class identity for you now. Enjoy.
  • I mean, I want to pre-pend this with the following statement: I have been Hashani, I have enjoyed Hashan, personally, and I am glad if this development can boost your morale amongst a hard time for your people and rejuvenate the identity that you are trying to make so prominently yours. 

I was hoping that this was some kind of separation from Hashan, and a normalization about the realms. Alas, no.
    The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."
  • I'm surprised it isn't Hashan exclusive. 
    "Alas. Alas for Hamlin. The Mayor sent east, west, north, and south. To offer the Piper by word of mouth. Wherever it was men's lot to find him, silver and gold to his heart's content. If only he'd return the way he went."
  • I like that it's a mode rather than a whole new class.

I wish the current factional classes were made this way.

Not for balance purposes, but just as a way to make it less painful to lose a factional class. The skills themselves could be totally distinct between the different modes.
  • edited June 2019
    Jinos said:
    I'm surprised it isn't Hashan exclusive. 
    Im pleased it isnt. I always felt bad for those that were Apostates/Paladin/Druid/etc and the painful limitation (and cost) of switching. This concept gives a much smoother transition for those part of and not part of the org.
  • Welp, time for Cyrene to get their own water-flavoured specific skill tree to control. Then rogues. Then we all have one!
  • Tahquil said:
    Welp, time for Cyrene to get their own water-flavoured specific skill tree to control. Then rogues. Then we all have one!
    My idea to have Cyrene get a skill to harvest organs from their dead, magically empower them and then throw them for double loki on a target, was deemed too extreme. Yours might be better.
  • Cyrenian Runewardens with a polearm spec, choosing between halberds and spears.
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Sounds pretty similar to Shaman and Necromancy.

• @Asmodron

It's a terrible loss when you have to give up something you really enjoy, but I like it when things are cut and dry. Because there's always those few that can ruin it for others if there's any middle-ground, or boundaries to push. 

It makes me think of those classes in school where you could bring in snacks or drinks, and even if you didn't partake in that at all - there's always that one person who ends up getting that privilege taken away for other people.  :#
    "Alas. Alas for Hamlin. The Mayor sent east, west, north, and south. To offer the Piper by word of mouth. Wherever it was men's lot to find him, silver and gold to his heart's content. If only he'd return the way he went."
  • I mean... Cyrene has the Virtuosi, so it might make sense to adopt a new skill tree onto Bard... While I'd love to see something done with dirges or the souls of the lost, I think that's gonna be a hard sale thematically...

With Neraeos as our patron, what about Shanties to replace Harmonics? 

That, or if we want to go with the other official/unofficial patron of Phaestus, we could have Chanting, which is more songs akin to Tolkien dwarves?
    "Far over, the snowy Vashnars high... To Azdun deep and Mhojave dry..."
  • This is a really good precedent. It's always tempting to feel salty when other people get shiny new toys you don't get, but honestly this just makes me giddy that it could happen again. Asymmetric design has always been something that gets my game-design/media-critic sensibilities all excited, and out of all the stuff in this game that was firmly before my time, factional classes (and the possibility of new ones) were the one thing I sorely wished had stayed around.
  • Jinos said:
    Basically is, I got excommunicated from the skill set 10 minutes from it being released just because......
    All fair I guess..... they will get more necromancy from me
  • Proficy said:
    Jinos said:
    Basically is, I got excommunicated from the skill set 10 minutes from it being released just because......
    All fair I guess..... they will get more necromancy from me
    What did it look like? All you cities having all the fun!
  • The problem with Cyrene getting a factional skill or class is they have no factional identity to turn into a skill.

How exactly does Cyrene lay claim to polearms? How would polearm excommunication be justified?
  • edited June 2019
    Antonius said:
    The problem with Cyrene getting a factional skill or class is they have no factional identity to turn into a skill.

How exactly does Cyrene lay claim to polearms? How would polearm excommunication be justified?
    After years of having buried the bodies of their citizens and clearing away the rubble, the Cyrenian population has developed advanced upper body strength, allowing them..and only them...the strength to wield these polearms.
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    I shouldn't have laughed but I did.

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    I imagine if they did get something it'd make most sense for.it to be somehow related to the lake wyrms of the Muurn. Would be a nice excuse to see Muurn and Snow Tears more often

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• @Antonius It was mostly a random thought when things were being discussed, but the idea of the Swiss pikemen is what came to mind. Mountain folks known for their skills with the polearms, some of whom eventually became the Swiss Guard for the popes.  I doubt it would be accepted, but it did seem a fun idea to toss out.

For a purely IC progression, perhaps Phaestus' Order brings it to the city guards who then bring that focus to the Runewardens of the city.