What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• Antonius said:
    The problem with Cyrene getting a factional skill or class is they have no factional identity to turn into a skill.

How exactly does Cyrene lay claim to polearms? How would polearm excommunication be justified?
    From a completely D&D point of view. Cyrene would be Lawful Good and have claim to Paladins. :D
  • JiraishinJiraishin skulking
    Rangor said:
    Antonius said:
    The problem with Cyrene getting a factional skill or class is they have no factional identity to turn into a skill.

How exactly does Cyrene lay claim to polearms? How would polearm excommunication be justified?
    From a completely D&D point of view. Cyrene would be Lawful Good and have claim to Paladins. :D
    Nah, Cyrene is a definite Neutral Good vibe.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • Time to break out the DnD alignment charts and memes!
  • Rangor said:
    Antonius said:

It's almost like you said it just to fuck with Antonius :D

• Caelan said:
    Rangor said:
    Antonius said:

It's almost like you said it just to fuck with Antonius :D
    Almost! Fortunately we're not playing D&D, and the superior city gets to lay claim to Paladin as a class.
  • So Ashtan gets Paladin?
    I'd prefer Sentinel tbh.
  • Skye said:
    So this is what the Nereian/Farethi conflict has devolved to:

You carefully prepare your ingredients, cooking them upon a roaring campfire and making one serving of a beef sausage roll with onion sauce.

You give a beef sausage roll with onion sauce to @Penwize.

Penwize tilts his head curiously.

Penwize takes a brief smell of a beef sausage roll with onion sauce.

Starting from the open end, Penwize takes a bite of soft roll and beef sausage. A bit of caramelised onion dangles from his mouth for a heartbeat before he slurps it up with a second bite.

You say to Penwize with a muddled Thalassian accent, "I'll consider this a Nereian victory, that I managed to make you eat my sausage."

Kuririn says to you in a deep, soothing baritone voice, "You -made- him eat it?"

Penwize tilts his head curiously.

You say to Kuririn with a muddled Thalassian accent, "Well I held it out to him and he willingly opened his mouth."

Taleila blinks.

Penwize ponders a crier's bell with a contemplative expression.

Kuririn says in a deep, soothing baritone voice, "Willingly doesn't sound like made."

You say to Kuririn with a muddled Thalassian accent, "Clearly subservient to my sausage authority."

Penwize ponders you with a contemplative expression.

Penwize ponders a crier's bell with a contemplative expression.

"Heh heh heh," Kuririn chuckles at Penwize.

Taleila whispers with a lilting, Delosian accent, "Oh yez."

Kuririn chuckles long and heartily at Taleila.

You ponder the situation.

You look over at a bronze cowbell and ponder it for a moment.

(Market): You say, "Beef sausages so good, I even got the Baker on his knees. Send tells!"

"Flee! Fly like the wind!" you cry out, making for the nearest exit.

Penwize rubs his stubbled chin thoughtfully.

Penwize ponders you with a contemplative expression.

Your perception of reality becomes distorted as Penwize thrusts his palms outwards with a sinister smile.

Penwize grows older before your eyes.

Penwize begins slowly swinging his crier's bell back and forth, each swing punctuated by a loud ring. (RUNAWAY!RUNAWAY!)

It’s a win when you make a defunctuonal
    penwizian bird joke on CT and he goes cross-world to wherever you are- simply to thwap your head or brandish his criers bell.
    The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."
  • @Skye Just the visual... of him looking at the bell and you.  @Taleila sealed the hilarity it with a whisper.  Lol'd. 10/10

• SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    edited June 2019
    Dunn said:
    then ate goldfish in the dark without pants on because I didn’t know what to do with myself.
    ...I got a bag of goldfish on my desk next to me for snacking. Now I'm not sure I'll be able to without that mental image.

What is it about this week and mental images?

Congrats tho! Def didn't see you coming. :o

• Dunn said:
    Neither did those goldfish. 
    Does this mean you now have a bowl of water on your desk?
  • Dunn said:
    I bashed for six hours straight and then ate goldfish in the dark without pants on because I didn’t know what to do with myself. 

Ashtan crew is best crew. Extra special raves to @Penwize and @Irimon for getting on me and forcing me to do the XP event and the insane amount of dedication throughout it. 
    Did you... did you video what you did the scorpion?
    The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."
  • Yes, join us. JOIIIN USSS

• Caelan said:
    Yes, join us. JOIIIN USSS
    Only if you have cookies!
  • Kiet said:
    Haven't you heard the saying, "let slip the doughs of war?" Of course they have cookies.
    I have not, but it does beg the question - are their cookies true war cookies? Any fool can procure subpar ingredients and bake them into a passible pastry, but no, I require more. I require a true war cookie. One made from the oats a field soaked in the blood of a thousand battles, and garnished with raisins made from the grapes of wrath.

That truly is a war cookie. No mere chocolate chip can ever hope to usurp the supremacy of oatmeal raisin.
  • edited June 2019
    Synthus said:
    Kiet said:
    Haven't you heard the saying, "let slip the doughs of war?" Of course they have cookies.
    I have not, but it does beg the question - are their cookies true war cookies? Any fool can procure subpar ingredients and bake them into a passible pastry, but no, I require more. I require a true war cookie. One made from the oats a field soaked in the blood of a thousand battles, and garnished with raisins made from the grapes of wrath.

That truly is a war cookie. No mere chocolate chip can ever hope to usurp the supremacy of oatmeal raisin.
    We source only the finest blood-soaked grains from pillaged farmtowns and large metropolises alike. Our frosting is so good you will truly feel the despair in the tears we collect to be used as water. They are baked on the sun-fried corpses of our enemies.  And if you're looking for some light-fare we can also bake them in the pack of a soldier on a 200 mile-march. Bon Apetit.

ETA: Today @Faedwyn , @Andraste , and I got some ideas centralized and hashed out, for the most part, to do some cool stuff for the Scions. Split one idea into two, and it will add to the culture we are trying to implement so well, I'm excited.  One for the PK crowd, one for the House/RP crowd.

• I found out today that Cyrene (TM) is actually dihydrolevoglucosenone :o

Those Tsol'teth did not waste their time and processed you guys good while they could!
  • "With the unlocking of the Wellspring, did we also catch a glimpse of an uncounted number of once
    imprisoned spirits in the Wellspring that became released. Where they have gone and/or what has 
    become of them is currently unknown."

New Hashani denizens plz?

• Plak said:
    I found out today that Cyrene (TM) is actually dihydrolevoglucosenone :o

Those Tsol'teth did not waste their time and processed you guys good while they could!
    To this day, my favorite is Cyrenaics:

"The school was so called after Cyrene, the birthplace of Aristippus. It was one of the earliest Socratic schools. The Cyrenaics taught that the only intrinsic good is pleasure, which meant not just the absence of pain (as it did for Epicurus), but positively enjoyable sensations."
       -- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyrenaics

• Seems like I have a new name for my goldfish haha. Cyreniac.
  • Is that like Animaniac?

• The final question to the quiz sure was a good one!!

Final Question

• The hardest part of this quiz was translating Tlalaiad's questions and Tsol'teth language to understand the question in under 10 seconds.
  • Taryius said:
    The hardest part of this quiz was translating Tlalaiad's questions and Tsol'teth language to understand the question in under 10 seconds.
    "Efficiency"