Memorable quotes

Comments

• TalamondTalamond Atop his throne of books
    Asmodron said:
    Subject: Snakes on a Planetarium

Well played

I wonder if the title came first and the actual content planning second.
  • Tjay said:
    You say, "Greetings."

Dunn says in a deep, hollow voice, "Yeah not now kid."

Irimon says in a cold, grim voice, "Piss off, I'm busy."

Is this typical Ashtan RP? First time speaking to Ashtani.
    Yes.
    I mean you'll find the occasional person-in-the-wrong-City that's friendly, but... Yes.
    Truthfully, you should feel happy that you even got a response.
  • -Two separate warring factions are wiped out-

Fafnir is no joke!
    Give us -real- shop logs! Not another misinterpretation of features we ask for, turned into something that either doesn't help at all, or doesn't remotely resemble what we wanted to begin with.

Thanks!

Current position of some of the playerbase, instead of expressing a desire to fix problems:

Vhaynna: "Honest question - if you don't like Achaea or the current admin, why do you even bother playing?"

• Tjay said:
    You say, "Greetings."

I mean, they didn't go OOC. There's not really anything wrong with this. Not everyone is formal or polite.

Generalizing any one person's RP to a faction is usually stupid though. I'm not sure why you would even ask that. Talk to other Ashtani and see. Most cities have vastly different personalities across the city.
  • Farrah said:
    Tjay said:
    You say, "Greetings."

I mean, they didn't go OOC. There's not really anything wrong with this. Not everyone is formal or polite.

Generalizing any one person's RP to a faction is usually stupid though. I'm not sure why you would even ask that. Talk to other Ashtani and see. Most cities have vastly different personalities across the city.
    He didn't generalize, he just asked if that was the norm for Ashtan, misreading a post and making an entirely different point that has nothing to do with the post is stupid though.
  • If you say so.
  • I know so :).
  • He asked if Ashtan RP can be generalised, Farrah said generalising is stupid. The synthesis looks good to me, and the answer is relevant.. now.. over-reading a post and making an entirely personal sideswipe is... Well, you tell me..
  • Rekhyr said:
    He asked if Ashtan RP can be generalised, Farrah said generalising is stupid. The synthesis looks good to me, and the answer is relevant.. now.. over-reading a post and making an entirely personal sideswipe is... Well, you tell me..
    He literally said "Is this typical Ashtan RP? First time speaking to Ashtani." He has 0 interactions with Ashtani, and asking a VERY general question regarding said RP. He made no comment if it was rude, if it was shit or terrible RP, he simply asked if that was typical. You have to read deeper into it to get anything more from that.

Warping a post to push one's own agenda though, well, you tell me...
  • Why does this matter? Contextually, it was an entirely appropriate response. We typically murder Mhaldorians in the bog so he got off easy. 

• Dunn said:
    Why does this matter? Contextually, it was an entirely appropriate response. We typically murder Mhaldorians in the bog so he got off easy. 
    The response was fine, I thought it made sense for the characters, it was from like, 2 pages back and being brought up after being answered, just seems a bit touched to dredge it back up again is all.
  • Minifie said:
    Rekhyr said:
    He asked if Ashtan RP can be generalised, Farrah said generalising is stupid. The synthesis looks good to me, and the answer is relevant.. now.. over-reading a post and making an entirely personal sideswipe is... Well, you tell me..
    He literally said "Is this typical Ashtan RP? First time speaking to Ashtani." He has 0 interactions with Ashtani, and asking a VERY general question regarding said RP. He made no comment if it was rude, if it was shit or terrible RP, he simply asked if that was typical. You have to read deeper into it to get anything more from that.

If he was talking to Dunn then he did not, in fact, have 0 interactions with Ashtani.
     <3 
  • edited March 2018
    Mathilda said:
    Minifie said:
    Rekhyr said:

If he was talking to Dunn then he did not, in fact, have 0 interactions with Ashtani.
    prior to dunn, I thought it was pretty clear that dunn and irimon was interaction 1.

Klendathu said:
    Dunn's our resident dredging expert.

Dunn mistelled me and never replied to me. He's more evil than Aegoth :(.

• I'm not warping anything for anyone's agenda. You made a wrong argument just to call someone -stupid- and felt like pointing that out. And I'm back to lurking.
  • Rekhyr said:
    I'm not warping anything for anyone's agenda. You made a wrong argument just to call someone -stupid- and felt like pointing that out. And I'm back to lurking.
    Curiously you seem to be unable to grasp my point, sorry it went over your head, probably should just lurk :(.
  • You are right, and clearly very skilled in whatever this is.
  • It's generally called "wrecking you on a public forum"
  • edited March 2018
    I did not mean to hurt any feelings or start a forum war. :(

So much passion.

Someone quote something so memorable it can take over the discussion again plz.
  • Farrah said:

So much passion.

We've just loaded up a change to how starbursts function. This is part one of some adjustments to
    resurrection, we'll also be taking a look at self resurrection mechanics.

- Starbursts no longer fade on being TOUCHED. Rather they persist until they fire. This functionally
    means the number of starburst resurrections a person can have has dropped from 2 to 1.

- As a result, all starburst defences have been cleared. You will need to reink a starburst to
    reobtain it, sorry about that.

- The starburst defence gaining message has changed, to be more in line with the new functionality.

There you go
  • There is no war, I just fell whole in Minifie's wrecking-you-on-a-public-forum trap
  • Farrah said:

So much passion.

Farrah this is your fault.
    Anyway have a memorable quote.

(Devouts) You say, "If you're scared of them you can talk to me, I probably won't stab you."
    (Devouts) Elipise says, "More often stabbing than not."

Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
  • Rekhyr said:
    There is no war, I just fell whole in Minifie's wrecking-you-on-a-public-forum trap
    I wreck everyone, sorry babe <3.
  • Aegoth said:
    It's generally called "wrecking you on a public forum"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfgbExC1UV4

Farrah said:
    Hope this does the job.
  • I just read this section, went to code and read the new starburst announce and come back to 22 replies to this thread. You guys popped mayo?
  • .... wut....

Please cleanse your ears with (as everyone knows about my she-boner with this man) 

PAUL FUCKING DEMPSEY

• Can we keep the toxicity in rants? I like this thread, please don't ruin it. :(

i'm a rebel