Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Memorable quotes

Comments

• MathildaMathilda Member Posts: 902 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Working on the park picnic scenario, actually, it's common courtesy for those soccer players to apologize if their ball did go into someone's picnic, and then adjust. Especially if the picnicking person got to the spot first.

In this case, the druid presumably did imprint on the grove first, which means that visitors should at least be courteous enough to adjust to accommodate them and their needs.
     <3 
  • CailinCailin Member Posts: 224 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    As a druid, I have to say that Aralaya is right. Groves are very special (although perhaps not as much as they used to be back in the day), they are a home away from home. They are very different from a cart or a tent.

That being said, the druid of course does not OWN the Grove. I personally would not eject someone hanging out in my Grove, unless they were vandalizing or something, but I might entertain the notion. It would feel like an intrusion.

I feel like both of them had RP justification for what they did. There was nothing amiss.  
    Prythe
  • AnzeAnze Member Posts: 98 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    I don't think anyone disagrees that it is different for the follower of Nature. Unfortunately, the world does not revolve around those who hold that opinion.
  • AlrenaAlrena Member Posts: 647 @ - Epic Achaean
    We should probably go back to quotes. Neither side did anything wrong. The grove user is free to use grove eject, but that does open him up to retaliation. 
    Mathilda said:
    Working on the park picnic scenario, actually, it's common courtesy for those soccer players to apologize if their ball did go into someone's picnic, and then adjust. Especially if the picnicking person got to the spot first.

In this case, the druid presumably did imprint on the grove first, which means that visitors should at least be courteous enough to adjust to accommodate them and their needs.
    Common courtesy like that is nice, but it's not all that assured even in the real world, let alone in a world with people who worship a destructive force like Chaos, or an Evil overlord like Sartan. You can have a nice picnic, but if a mobster or yakuza steps in, are you going to tell them to bugger off too and expect an apology?
    CailinSherazad
  • RangorRangor Member Posts: 3,185 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Why don't you guys come sit in my Grove. I fully expect you to fight back though. It ain't gonna be pretty!
    Dochitha
  • ReysonReyson Member Posts: 526 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    For as long as I can remember, moving someone has been an attack.

Analogies are a terrible way to argue.

When it comes to rules in a game, what you 'feel' doesn't really matter. I get what you mean when you say a grove is special to you, but I don't get to say that going around murdering people for laughing is special to me. The ruling on groves is neither new, nor ambiguous: there's nothing special about a grove from a rules standpoint, and you definitely never own it, no matter how much you love your grove, in your heart. 

I'm not entirely sure why @Pyori is adamant about forum-shaming some random, ill-informed dude, and if you want to call 'em out for being rude, then great! Just don't fish around for rules that don't exist. Be straight up; you can tell someone you think they're rude, it's not a crime. 
    Rekhyr
  • JarrodJarrod Member, Seafaring Liason Posts: 3,060 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Let us all remember that if you assert something (like an analogy) to be true, it is not on others to prove that it is not true. It is on you to prove that it is true.

That's how these things work.
    Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

Antidas
  • AsmodronAsmodron Member Posts: 2,586 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    ...How did such a simple whine gain over 40 comments....
  • AccipiterAccipiter Member Posts: 378 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Asmodron said:
    It was a situation where no one did anything wrong too, so bizarre.
  • PyoriPyori Member Posts: 1,312 @ - Epic Achaean
    edited February 2018
    Reyson said:
    You have a very weird understanding of the term 'shaming'.
    Asmodron said:
    Same question could be posed when anyone from Hashan posts anything.

• AsmodronAsmodron Member Posts: 2,586 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Pyori said:
    Reyson said:
    Asmodron said:
    No...it really cant.

Constructive discussion about a city and its path does not equal "I got mad and hit someone for pushing me, AND I want to take it public!".

You're just grasping at straws now.
    Nobody is mad. You should probably read the posts.

• IohannaIohanna Member Posts: 78 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    I think the point is that we don't want to read the posts and would like to read something actually memorable.
    Asmodron
    If it was how you wanted it to be, the thread would be all of about 20-30 pages long, not 739. Discussions happen as a result of posts, that's how forums tend to work.

Nobody is holding a gun to your head, forcing you to read through every post.

• DragonknightDragonknight Member Posts: 252 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Can't we all just get along?
  • IsmayIsmay Member Posts: 647 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    There will be no "getting along" in the land of Achaea! So saith the Evil Overlord.
  • ReysonReyson Member Posts: 526 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    edited February 2018
    Pyori said:
    Reyson said:
    Asmodron said:
    You post a log of someone doing something you feel is unacceptable, seeking people agree with you that what they did is wrong and thus validate your point of view?

The implication that you're in some way superior to the person whose log you're posting for everyone to see and agree with you, is pretty evident. That's shaming.

For the record, no judgment! You do you. 

Eta: just to clarify, nothing about that is wrong. 
    edited February 2018
    Reyson said:

If that's your definition of shaming (which is correct; not denying that) then you prolly shouldn't be using it to refer to what I did. Considering nowhere did I say what he did was unacceptable, or unjustified. In fact, I rather clearly stated the opposite.

You need to go back and read the original post, and not take everyone else's posts as my PoV.

• JonathinJonathin Retirement hole.Member Posts: 3,323 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited February 2018
    Now now, children, be nice. Those are not memorable quotes

My site will remain up, but will not be maintained. The repository will continue to have scripts added to it if I decide to play another game. Maybe I'll see you around in Starmourn!
    Tutorials and scripts  The Repository

• TahquilTahquil Member Posts: 4,141 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Your face is a memorable quote.
    Caelan
  • MinifieMinifie Member Posts: 2,146 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Tahquil said:
    Your face is a memorable quote.
    so's ya mum.

(Mhaldor's Next Top Model): Taryius says, "Oops, thats not a foray. Thats two novices going at it in the wilderness."
    Caelan
  • CaelanCaelan Member Posts: 1,446 @ - Epic Achaean
    Asmodron said:
    Fucking millenials parsing everything. 

aaaaand nextwhineaboutwhatIjustsaidGO!

Pretty sure everyone involved are far to old to be classed as millenials.
    Kriex
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, FloridaMember Posts: 4,934 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Millenials is like, people aged 18-35 I think right now, which I think is the greater majority of our playerbase.
    "You have had an extraordinary adventure, my dear. Extraordinary! One that few people could ever imagine. Treasure it. Keep it safe and secure, tucked away in some special place in your heart. 

But... don't spend the rest of your days chasing a ghost."
    Jhaeli
    Ah, I thought 30 was the cut off.
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the StormMember Posts: 3,153 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Tahquil said:
    Ah, I thought 30 was the cut off.
    I miss the upper limit either way, too fricking old for this. You young people...

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • KriexKriex Member Posts: 156 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Millenials are the 90s kids right? So 17-27
    Saeva
Sign In to Comment.