Memorable quotes

Comments

• Antidas said:
    sorry, didn't realize I was being OOC by mentioning the admin names. I would hate to have ruined anyone's immersion by including that in my shout about a game's player population and the computer servers that the game runs on
    Lets play a game where I bold every OOC thing you said in that shout. For the sake of uncertainty, I won't even call you out on admin names being OOC since I'm not totally sold on that.

The caustic voice of Blackthorn Reaper Florentino Milani, Waich Foroa Rewero sizzles through the air,
     "Hey Tanris/Makarios, Anytus, et al. You can keep siding with the Ashtani and let them gank 
    everyone forever. Eventually everyone else will just QQ for good and the game pop will keep dropping.
     Let's see if they keep buying enough credits to keep the servers on then."

Oh boy was that fun! Now how about you go back to your hole - you 100% deserved what you got for yelling like that; I get being angry, but you should be mature enough to recognize that this isn't how you handle your anger. Next time try logging off and calming down a bit first.
    Stuff
    So what you're saying is you were intentionally being a dumbass. Good to know.

• Typical Cyrenian poll:

Verrucht says in an urbane voice, "1: <redacted> (2147483647)."
    Verrucht says in an urbane voice, "2: <also redacted> (1111)."
    Verrucht says in an urbane voice, "3: <redacted again> (111111)."

I think we broke the pollbox...
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Faur said:
    Typical Cyrenian poll:

Verrucht says in an urbane voice, "1: <redacted> (2147483647)."
    Verrucht says in an urbane voice, "2: <also redacted> (1111)."
    Verrucht says in an urbane voice, "3: <redacted again> (111111)."

I think we broke the pollbox...
    I think someone was trying to use 1s as tallies and didn't fully understand how integers worked. Yay for 32-bit.
    Huh. Neat.
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Makarios said:

More like casting hell where the result ended up as a string instead of an int.

"1" + 1
    "11" + 1
    "111" + 1

Admin bias! Nerf! kthnxbye

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Morthif said:
    Frederich said:

Aralaya said:
    The caustic voice of Blackthorn Reaper Florentino Milani, Waich Foroa Rewero sizzles through the air,
     "Hey Tanris/Makarios, Anytus, et al. You can keep siding with the Ashtani and let them gank 
    everyone forever. Eventually everyone else will just QQ for good and the game pop will keep dropping.

A stream of crackling crimson fire sizzles across the sky.
    Florentino has been slain by the might of Nicola.

so that happened
    I fucking giggled whole heartedly at this.  
    Calling out any admin by there old player name no matter how many people know is extremely rude, disrespectful, and shitty RP. 

TBH, I had no idea who Makarios used to play. 

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Sobriquet said:
    Morthif said:
    Frederich said:

Aralaya said:

A stream of crackling crimson fire sizzles across the sky.
    Florentino has been slain by the might of Nicola.

so that happened
    I fucking giggled whole heartedly at this.  
    Calling out any admin by there old player name no matter how many people know is extremely rude, disrespectful, and shitty RP. 

TBH, I had no idea who Makarios used to play. 
    You're probably the only one who does.

Hell, I never played when Tanris was about and I even knew that he was Tanris, and knew about him.

Knowing OOC shit about people can just be a pain in the arse really.
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• edited December 2016
    Xaden said:
    You're probably the only one who does.

Hell, I never played when Tanris was about and I even knew that he was Tanris, and knew about him.

Knowing OOC shit about people can just be a pain in the arse really.
    Nicola is Lorielan as well!! Omg who knew?!?

In reality: There's Ironcon pictures of him wearing a Tanris/Makarios nametag. It's not exactly secret, unlike knowing who other gods/players are/were >.>
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    edited December 2016
    keeping your internet identity secret is pretty much an impossible challenge, even if you don't flaunt it. I mean almost anything can be identifying, even the way you type (though that is a complex one). Thanks to google analytics I can pretty much get anyone's information until may 2018 when it becomes illegal in europe to do so.

I think America is even less regulated.

Slightly creepy and unrelated I guess, but the chief security officer where I work shoves this information down my throat daily, and now I have started doing it to everyone else.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • As someone that works in acquisitional marketing for an ecommerce company... can confirm, we know who you are, across all your devices, know what you like more than you do and how valuable you are as a potential customer.
  • Knowing what faction the admin were as players is one of those things that will skew your viewpoint on a lot of things (and is one of those can't be unseen things). 

Granted, I would be more worried about the direction of the game in general which probably is not their faults. -- Hi WoWesque playstyle, bashing is even worse than before IMO, relics are an untouchable nuisance and should not exist, and horrid cutscene-esque, play as super being for a while pvp "events" (Sorry if you liked Bal'met, but holy crap that set a bad precedent).

What happened to god interaction outside of yelling / killing people?
    How many gods are even active anymore?
    What happened to decent honors lines outside of player kills? 

You also get to take in account anytime you return from a break, change class, or something gets classlead changed you have to figure out system to do anything competitive -- This takes away from immersion as well. For the record this as been a problem since I started, but the decision for GMCP made mostly everything much easier to automate so that is kind of where it went.

Then you add the topping of the simple cost of the game and the fact that the monthly promos can have "Limited time" talisman pieces that do some crazy things, so it does feel like a money grab on top of the enormous drop in cash to even get started and be competitive with top-tier. 

Seems much more like a cash-based MMO than anything anymore (and more expensive than pretty much any other, ever), so it is harder to take RP seriously.

• So I can't tell people that Cooper is Sartan? Damn.

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Dunn said:

Yasssssss Mak
    Dunn is Beyonce?!

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • I thought tanris got hit by a bus?   is that a modifier that changes the outcome in transmog  from chaos lord to producer?  
  •      He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• A wild Snorlax wearing nothing but a belt....
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • Omor said:
    A wild Snorlax wearing nothing but a belt....
    More than a real snorlax would wear!
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• He's got a pack too! Wonder what a snorlax would store....
  • Food. 
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • I was pretty sure if we openly discussed admin identities on ooc clans we'd get shrubbed. Neat if I'm wrong I guess, but poor Tanris, getting hit by that bus and having @Makarios take all his credit :dissapointed:
  • Admin biased against Ashtan, maybe. I used to be a hanger-on back in the day and Tanris got us killed more than all the defenders combined with the guard stack dives.
  • Can confirm. Tanris killed us more than he killed anyone else. I helped him hit that 10k milestone. 

• I mean sure he hangs out in our party and sure we get credits st 10% website cost and sure our eq/bal recovery is a little faster then everyone else's but I wouldn't say it's any faction bias at all. 
  • Finkle said:
    I thought tanris got hit by a bus?   is that a modifier that changes the outcome in transmog  from chaos lord to producer?  
    That was Wulfen. 
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Morthif said:
    I mean sure he hangs out in our party and sure we get credits st 10% website cost and sure our eq/bal recovery is a little faster then everyone else's but I wouldn't say it's any faction bias at all. 
    I was starting to let the absurd Occultist skills of the past go but then they brought back pit.  Too bad Tanris will never see this.

• I didn't know. Now I do. and I take back all those nice things I said.

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    grass, other side, greener. etc.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • edited December 2016
    I didn't know either, and I'm still trying to remember if I met this character in game or not. Probably not.

PS: First post on page 666.