Memorable quotes

Comments

• (Hashan): X says, "Then you should withdraw, sir, because this city doesn't need people with 'secret' motives."

It's like they havent even read the Help scroll......
  • Unless saying you have secret motives is the exact way you divert attention.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• I have secret motives.

@Sarathai : Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey
  • Omor said:
    14:31 Xaden tells you, "// https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRBrS88AKAHuX77_z69qeDc7HLQuJDv3Pf3_ib3ax8U9EllPHcKCXVeS8c."

2016/12/03 14:35:45 - By the authority of Omor Ceberek, @Xaden dies having 
    suffered the ultimate betrayal.
    :(
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena

The ship "Songblade" finally slides below the surface of the deep, ravaged by a
    potash crystal.

• Krypton said:

potash crystal.

I would shoot your Synthesizer.  We all know what potassium does in water! Clearly they didn't make the potash water soluble enough.

See..perfectly IG reasoning for most of these bugs

• Krypton said:

potash crystal.

Damn OP potash crystals man.
  • Asmodron said:
    (Hashan): X says, "Then you should withdraw, sir, because this city doesn't need people with 'secret' motives."

It's like they havent even read the Help scroll......
    They're still sore on Sorley robbing them like 11 years ago.  

No pun intended.

• Makarios said:

Ok, this is basically all I'll say on the topic.

The character of every producer since Sarapis has pretty much been a matter of public record - you can basically ask on an ooc clan and someone is going to know. This was the case pre social media being a staple, now you can probably just log on facebook and work it out in about 5 minutes.

What was said shouldn't have been said, obviously. But its not new information and nothing that anyone wouldn't stumble across eventually (if they somehow didn't know yet), so while I was surprised that anyone would mention it, its not something I'm particularly concerned over: its no deep dark secret and I'll now hopefully stop getting messages when someone new catches up to the four year old news, so silver linings.

That said, I'll go on record and say if someone did anything similar regarding a volunteer, they'd never log into Achaea again, and if I had my way (I'm fairly confident I'd have a good shot in such an instance) any other ire game. That's one thing we take extremely seriously.

I didn't know. Am very glad for you. You are doing an amazing job with the lands!

- To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    - Let me get my hat and my knife
    - It's your apple, take a bite
    - Don't dream it ... be it

• (Eleusis): Azzo laughingly says, "Ah, the frisky lives of the elderly..."

I love being an old character.
  • I like Ainly :( Sad to see him go. I'm new so maybe could elaborate on the difference between Mhaldor today vs Mhaldor "of old"?
  • I am assuming the answer goes something like this:

Oh, when they were young the grass was greener and gas was cheaper and milk was a nickel a gallon and they walked to school in the clean country air and they weren't afraid of lead paint and everything was better in general.

• Puxi said:
    I like Ainly :( Sad to see him go. I'm new so maybe could elaborate on the difference between Mhaldor today vs Mhaldor "of old"?
    Less Eleusian immigrants

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • edited December 2016
    Puxi said:
    I like Ainly :( Sad to see him go. I'm new so maybe could elaborate on the difference between Mhaldor today vs Mhaldor "of old"?
    Less Eleusian immigrants
    Less people jumped cities every day in general back then.

@Puxi
    The evil RP was real and alive. But then again, so was every other side except Ashtan, even Hashan had sort of? A thing.

Mhaldorian's used to be really cut throat when you interacted with them. I remember meeting Silvaria or Cain for the first time. Hell I even remember my first runin with @Proficy back in the day when I was like a 20 year old Dawnstrider who barely was able to secrete Sumac. Even remember the first time I got my journal jacked by Ulrike and she told me I'd have to pay 5000 gold to get it back. Which for a Great Rock hunting newbie back in the day, was a TON of gold. They were legitimately scary. The yearly sacrifice, the constant struggle between Shallam (RIP, I still miss you, glorious city) and Mhaldor was pretty fun.

Now the game seems to be more tailored to extremism and zealotry. That wasn't so common back in the day. People had a lot more widespread RP beliefs and ideals.

Now it's more fun to just run into Mhaldor naked, wielding a butterfly net with 1000 butterflies in it just to die and let them go free at Stygian.
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    Lol simpler task
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • edited December 2016
    Aegoth said:
    given the overwhelming numbers Hashan had.
    I don't think we outnumbered you at all. Aegoth, Ailea, Alrena, Driden, Exxia, Lukan, Melodie, Proficy, Taraus, Watchman, Ysela makes for 11 Mhaldorians. We had around that number, too

Edit: We had 13 or 14, so we did. Oops
  • they've gotten complacent while Hashan has gotten better, so makes sense.  Is why Ainly left
  • Calira said:
    Aegoth said:
    given the overwhelming numbers Hashan had.
    I don't think we outnumbered you at all. Aegoth, Ailea, Alrena, Driden, Exxia, Lukan, Melodie, Proficy, Taraus, Watchman, Ysela makes for 11 Mhaldorians. We had around that number, too

Edit: We had 13 or 14, so we did. Oops
    2nd rush we lost exxia, proficy, and someone else (I got instagibbed in 0.5s)
  • I posted to show the coolness of what happened, as well as Twilight's encouraging words. This isnt to slight anyone or Mhaldor, in case it is coming off like that.
  • Tahquil said:
    Nazihk said:
    I am assuming the answer goes something like this:

Oh, when they were young the grass was greener and gas was cheaper and milk was a nickel a gallon and they walked to school in the clean country air and they weren't afraid of lead paint and everything was better in general.

When I was young and Mhaldorian as a novice you wore robes of scratchy wool that tore up your flesh and made your sores pus up and you were thankful for it. Rat on a stick was a god damn delicacy. Nothing came before serving the Twin Lords including your own comfort. You would stand in the city of your enemies and screaming your sermons for all to hear as you fought of the hordes of heathens.

I hear these days Mhaldor has food other than rats on a stick and (shocked gasp) even a cultured eatery. There were recently found to hold balls and masquerades, swanning about in silks and gems instead of wrthing on the fall in pain as they and deriving their pleasure from self-flagellation. I even heard that they raid silently now, no preaching to past the lips because all they can utter is 'YOUR MOTHER' taunts.

AND THE FOG WAS REDDER BACK IN MY DAY FROM ALL THE BLOOD SPRAYED ABOUT FROM THE MUTILATIONS.

(But in seriousness, Mhaldor has had a image change. The focus has shifted from absolute servitude barbarianism to a more cultured servitude, but after I finish this cheese platter)
    Natural consequence of accepting too many Cyrenian immigrants.