Memorable quotes

Comments

• Aerek said:
    So Hashan is declaring sovereignty over a tract of land that has -always- been considered Twilight's, using the new shrine mechanics for what they were intended, and is formally informing you of that policy and inviting you to participate in meaningful city vs city conflict with clear goals and limitations set in place?

That sounds like the definition of classy to me.
    Concerning Divines, sure, using them as intended. As declaring an entire populace can't go in because their shrines continually get shat on by Artemis' crew, stupid.
  • I could see Eleusis having proper 'right' to say Western and Eastern Ithmia.  (Considering they hold the shrine for Gaia and right outside ELeusis).  However a

"Don't go into the Darkenwood because we will fuck you up for instigating a shrine war" and

"LOL OKAY BRO.  U WANNA GO?  NO FORESTS FOR U AT ALL.  IF WE SEE U.  WE KILL U!"

((Hint:  Not all of Hashan is in on them murdering your ass for going into the Darkenwood.  Eleusis' leaders have stated that all of Eleusis is in on the Darkenwood shenanigans.  It's a causality effect of shitty leadership.))
  • Senoske said:
    Aerek said:
    So Hashan is declaring sovereignty over a tract of land that has -always- been considered Twilight's, using the new shrine mechanics for what they were intended, and is formally informing you of that policy and inviting you to participate in meaningful city vs city conflict with clear goals and limitations set in place?

Concerning Divines, sure, using them as intended. As declaring an entire populace can't go in because their shrines continually get shat on by Artemis' crew, stupid.
    Artemis' order, as one of Eleusis' gods, is representative of your city. Same goes for Gaia's order. If you don't like that fact, then you should either speak with Artemis about the actions of her followers, or maybe realize that Eleusis isn't the place for you.

I don't say this to be an asshole, or to tell you to actually quit Eleusis - its more the fact that Eleusis needs to get fully behind her gods. Like, 100%. They historically haven't been, and this became even more clear to me during the Coalition when I learned just how divided the city and orders really are from each other. Trust me, it'll make for a -far- more interesting faction if you actually back your gods, and by extension their orders, rather than fight amongst each other all the time.

• Attacking shrines when everyone's logged off, or you have 10 to 1 odds isn't "their shrines are getting shat on." fyi
  • Senoske said:
    Aerek said:

Ashtan Defends Thera, Quisalis defends the Caverns. Marks defend the Tower. Targ defends jaru/new hope and mhaldor defends blackrock.

Hardly a new thing and is definitely acceptable means to 'declare your own PK zone'.

Were working on adding another one now :)

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Atalkez said:
    Senoske said:
    Aerek said:

Ashtan Defends Thera, Quisalis defends the Caverns. Marks defend the Tower. Targ defends jaru/new hope and mhaldor defends blackrock.

Hardly a new thing and is definitely acceptable means to 'declare your own PK zone'.

Ashtan is allied with Thera. Mhaldor is allied with Blackrock. Quisalis are defending territory they technically own, no different to a citizen defending their city.

While I don't have an issue with what Kasa is doing, let's not pretend it's exactly the same as official alliances with rules laid out by the administration.
  • Atalkez said:
    Senoske said:
    Aerek said:

Ashtan defends Thera? Never seen that happen before. :open_mouth:

Same with Marks and Quisalis.

Targ defends Jaru? That's a new one. New Hope, sure... But who even goes there?

Mhaldor defends Blackrock because it gives them reason to pk someone, them being pk farmers is nothing new.
  • Someone the other day told me that you are Open PK in any forest you are enemied to. Is that true? 
  • Senoske said:
    Atalkez said:
    Senoske said:
    Aerek said:

Ashtan defends Thera? Never seen that happen before. :open_mouth:

Same with Marks and Quisalis.

Targ defends Jaru? That's a new one. New Hope, sure... But who even goes there?

Mhaldor defends Blackrock because it gives them reason to pk someone, them being pk farmers is nothing new.
    Not new at all. In fact, thats old as shit lol. Been that way since I don't even know when, certainly long before Targossas was even a thing. We carried that over from Shallam.

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    edited December 2016
    @Senoske

With that outlook of yours you are bound to take offence of whatever anyone does to you. Mhaldor is officially allied with Blackrock, and has been historically close to it. Sartan's master shrine is even located in Blackrock, though I am unsure whether it was always there, or moved there for the Tsol'teth thing.

Ashtan definitely defends Thera, I've seen it happen. Same with Quisalis. There's even a sign near the entrance that explicitely tells you that the Quisalis willd defend their own.

I did not know Targ defended Jaru or New Hope thought. I don't think anyone hunts Jaru, but I never ran into trouble hunting New Hope. Maybe its a more recent thing or something. Or maybe I just was lucky xD

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    I wasn't allowed into the forests anyways. No big loss.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • edited December 2016
    Jonathin said:
    I wasn't allowed into the forests anyways. No big loss.
    Have you -EVER- been allowed in the forest though? I don't think I've known a time. Didn't stop you from getting to that fountain though. Worth it. ;D
  • Senoske said:
    Frederich said:
    I could see Eleusis having proper 'right' to say Western and Eastern Ithmia.  (Considering they hold the shrine for Gaia and right outside ELeusis).  However a

"Don't go into the Darkenwood because we will fuck you up for instigating a shrine war" and

"LOL OKAY BRO.  U WANNA GO?  NO FORESTS FOR U AT ALL.  IF WE SEE U.  WE KILL U!"

((Hint:  Not all of Hashan is in on them murdering your ass for going into the Darkenwood.  Eleusis' leaders have stated that all of Eleusis is in on the Darkenwood shenanigans.  It's a causality effect of shitty leadership.))
    Uh, where, exactly? And who said that?

And eh, not really, by the logic posted in that post from Kasa, Eleusis has the same exact thing for the forests.

Antidas said:
    Senoske said:
    Aerek said:

That sounds like the definition of classy to me.
    Artemis' order, as one of Eleusis' gods, is representative of your city. Same goes for Gaia's order. If you don't like that fact, then you should either speak with Artemis about the actions of her followers, or maybe realize that Eleusis isn't the place for you.

I don't say this to be an asshole, or to tell you to actually quit Eleusis - its more the fact that Eleusis needs to get fully behind her gods. Like, 100%. They historically haven't been, and this became even more clear to me during the Coalition when I learned just how divided the city and orders really are from each other. Trust me, it'll make for a -far- more interesting faction if you actually back your gods, and by extension their orders, rather than fight amongst each other all the time.

I hate the Factional Roleplay. I don't find it interesting. I find it extremely lazy.
    This is the dumbest thing I've seen posted in a while.

• Trey said:
    Senoske said:
    Frederich said:
    I could see Eleusis having proper 'right' to say Western and Eastern Ithmia.  (Considering they hold the shrine for Gaia and right outside ELeusis).  However a

Uh, where, exactly? And who said that?

And eh, not really, by the logic posted in that post from Kasa, Eleusis has the same exact thing for the forests.

Antidas said:
    Senoske said:
    Aerek said:

That sounds like the definition of classy to me.

I hate the Factional Roleplay. I don't find it interesting. I find it extremely lazy.
    This is the dumbest thing I've seen posted in a while.
    Cool story, tell me again?
  • edited December 2016
    Datrius said:

TLDR: The main participants are having fun, no one has issued anyone or claimed they're being griefed over it, so please let us have our fun without artificial drama being created. Thank you.

This is good! Fighting, roleplay etc, good, grand, great.

Declaring an entire populace will be killed on entrance of a common bashing area, is stupid.

Ya'll have been having your little squabbles go back and forth plenty already without the post and declaration.
  • Daeir said:
    So what's Hashan done wrong outside of give everybody content and open up a pretty cool conflict exactly?

The Darkenwood is practically twinkle's porch. Of course they're going to get antsy about mud hermits stomping all up in that shit - it'd be weird if they didn't.
    Honestly as one of the people who's participated every day? Nothing. I haven't heard a single complaint from participants IC or OOCLY, we're all just having fun with the fight as far as I can tell.
  • @Senoske, don't take it the wrong way, but don't you think that it would be a little weird from an RP perspective, if there was this huge conflict going on over Darkenwood and they didn't make this declaration? Eleusisians are threatening their Patron's "front porch" and they have been called to defend it. I get that one or two people might be upset because it will ruin one of their bashing spots or something, but for the game as a whole, this makes perfect sense which is why you are getting so much pushback on it.
  • Darkenwood is a 'common' bashing area???????
  • edited December 2016
    Puxi said:
    @Senoske, don't take it the wrong way, but don't you think that it would be a little weird from an RP perspective, if there was this huge conflict going on over Darkenwood and they didn't make this declaration? Eleusisians are threatening their Patron's "front porch" and they have been called to defend it. I get that one or two people might be upset because it will ruin one of their bashing spots or something, but for the game as a whole, this makes perfect sense which is why you are getting so much pushback on it.
    I don't care that I'm getting pushback. :tongue: And I know why it is. These forums are a great cavern of Echoes.

Most people are, as is very apparent, pretty comfortable with the factional RP. Personally I find it boring. And everyone saying that makes no sense or that is dumb further solidifies why I hate the RP. "Be one of us or else" is boring to me. Seno has always been the type to prioritize city/village over all else. That is his home. Has always been that way for him, all the way back in Shallam it was the same. He's a soldier for his city, not a Divine he thinks absolutely hates him. (Lookin at you, Artemis)

The new shrine system is made for Order combat. Divine Order vs Divine Order.

And by extension as soon as I participate, I drag Prospero's Order into it. Once I drag Big P's Order into it, with all of their non-comms and how spread out it is over the realm, then it further makes things difficult for the Order, and it would be completely on me for creating hardship for fellow Ordermates, which I don't want to do at all.
  • Senoske said:
    Puxi said:
    @Senoske, don't take it the wrong way, but don't you think that it would be a little weird from an RP perspective, if there was this huge conflict going on over Darkenwood and they didn't make this declaration? Eleusisians are threatening their Patron's "front porch" and they have been called to defend it. I get that one or two people might be upset because it will ruin one of their bashing spots or something, but for the game as a whole, this makes perfect sense which is why you are getting so much pushback on it.
    I don't care that I'm getting pushback. :tongue: And I know why it is. These forums are a great cavern of Echoes.

Most people are, as is very apparent, pretty comfortable with the factional RP. Personally I find it boring. And everyone saying that makes no sense or that is dumb further solidifies why I hate the RP. "Be one of us or else" is boring to me. Seno has always been the type to prioritize city/village over all else. That is his home. Has always been that way for him, all the way back in Shallam it was the same. He's a soldier for his city, not a Divine he thinks absolutely hates him. (Lookin at you, Artemis)

And by extension as soon as I participate, I drag Prospero's Order into it. Once I drag Big P's Order into it, with all of their non-comms and how spread out it is over the realm, then it further makes things difficult for the Order, and it would be completely on me for creating hardship for fellow Ordermates, which I don't want to do at all.
    So train your noncoms. I don't see how your order being a bunch of sissies is anyone else's problem. It's not hard to teach people to put up mass. Block exits and mash there kill aliases. Dear god man cry me a river. 
    Cooper said:
    This is one of the worst forms of special snowflake RP I've ever seen. Thanks for going to another city to do it!
  • edited December 2016
    Driden said:
    Senoske said:
    Puxi said:

So train your noncoms. I don't see how your order being a bunch of sissies is anyone else's problem. It's not hard to teach people to put up mass. Block exits and mash there kill aliases. Dear god man cry me a river. 
    Not everyone -wants- to be a combatant. Teaching kill aliases is exactly how you lose.

With your mindset, Achaea would be dead. Pretty large portion of the population is noncom.
  • Senoske said:
    Driden said:
    Senoske said:
    Puxi said:

Not everyone -wants- to be a combatant. Teaching kill aliases is exactly how you lose.

With your mindset, Achaea would be dead. Pretty large portion of the population is noncom.
    Then stop whining no one is forcing you to do anything. Your the one person who has an issue with the declared conflict. No one cares that your special in this regard because everyone else seems to be having fun. 
    Cooper said:
    This is one of the worst forms of special snowflake RP I've ever seen. Thanks for going to another city to do it!
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    edited December 2016
    Well, tbh, it probably would have stayed order vs order if Rangor hadn't escalated it and had I not followed suit. So, if you're going to complain, complain about Rangor escalating and me being butthurt or something.

If you don't like the situation, do something to change it. Complaining feels good, but it's kinda on you if you do it while not doing something about it.

Also: f u @Kasa, where my tag?
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • Sorry, @mosr. I was just saving the best for last.

Thanks to @Finkle  ;)
  • The Darkenwood conflict is neat, makes for interesting conflict. Two sides don't necessarily have to follow outlined rules, as long as moderation is in play.

Also, dang. Hashan has gotten a lot better lately. I was like dafuq when I brought a bunch of midbies, didn't realize you guys had so many dragons/arties.

Fly bypasses all room hinder now?

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]