Memorable quotes

Comments

• Oh and another note, it's been pretty simple to keep my order from getting dragged into this. I'm a pretty well known Aegean and @Kasa and co haven't touched the Orders shrines at all. The conflict involves me as an Eleusian, not me as a follower of Lord Aegis. So essentially they've left Lord Aegis shrines alone and I haven't used his essence pool to judgement their shrines
  • Datrius said:
    Oh and another note, it's been pretty simple to keep my order from getting dragged into this. I'm a pretty well known Aegean and @Kasa and co haven't touched the Orders shrines at all. The conflict involves me as an Eleusian, not me as a follower of Lord Aegis. So essentially they've left Lord Aegis shrines alone and I haven't used his essence pool to judgement their shrines
    That is the fun thing I love about Aegis. He is neutral and doesnt care because as long as conflict ensues, it plays into his hands. Factions can fight, even if they are order members because it furthers the cause of War (ie conflict).

I kinda laugh when people play into it or think the order has anything to do w us acting as Eleusians.

• Frederich said:
    Darkenwood is a 'common' bashing area???????
    I used to lead Hunting Parties there all the time because it was *not* a common area. And I got to share the story behind the story, of how one of the oldest Druids in the lands was betrayed by Divine.

- To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    - Let me get my hat and my knife
    - It's your apple, take a bite
    - Don't dream it ... be it

• KasyaKasya Tennessee
    @Senoske - as someone who played a non-comm in a non-comm order for years (Ephram in Melantha's order) I know how much it sucks. You watch shrines get dusted, try to get writs, die getting writs... (haven't played at all under the current system so that may all be moot now, whichever.) I played that though because I couldn't be bothered to learn combat but I wanted the RP in the game from being in an order.

I was mostly rogue or Cyrenian during that time which gave me the freedom to do whatever the hell I wanted as long as I didn't screw up crap for the rest of the city.

It was far more fun being a fighter in Targossas, for what it's worth.

Being in a faction, as you are, you're subject to the whims of that faction and the consequences of the whims of that faction. Makes sense. If you don't wanna join in, maybe you shouldn't be Eleusian? Maybe you can use this as a jumping point to go rogue or to a new city. (Cyrene remains pretty neutral.) But the factions are meant to be divisive. That's the game.
  • edited December 2016
    Hashan didnt declare aggressions, Twilight's order did, Hashani have merely opted to assist by their own free will.

Spoken like a true Darkwalker @Kasa. A+
  • Antonius said:
    Atalkez said:
    Senoske said:
    Aerek said:
    So Hashan is declaring sovereignty over a tract of land that has -always- been considered Twilight's, using the new shrine mechanics for what they were intended, and is formally informing you of that policy and inviting you to participate in meaningful city vs city conflict with clear goals and limitations set in place?

That sounds like the definition of classy to me.
    Concerning Divines, sure, using them as intended. As declaring an entire populace can't go in because their shrines continually get shat on by Artemis' crew, stupid.
    Ashtan Defends Thera, Quisalis defends the Caverns. Marks defend the Tower. Targ defends jaru/new hope and mhaldor defends blackrock.

Hardly a new thing and is definitely acceptable means to 'declare your own PK zone'.

Were working on adding another one now :)

Ashtan is allied with Thera. Mhaldor is allied with Blackrock. Quisalis are defending territory they technically own, no different to a citizen defending their city.

While I don't have an issue with what Kasa is doing, let's not pretend it's exactly the same as official alliances with rules laid out by the administration.
    No, but my point was that this is hardly unheard of or the first instance of this RP

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • edited December 2016
    Puxi said:
    Someone the other day told me that you are Open PK in any forest you are enemied to. Is that true? 
    Yes, that is correct. It got clarified and reinforced just the other day: any forest enemy in a forest/jungle room is considered open PK.

As far as I'm aware regarding aggression, Hashan threatened to pull in the entire city rather than just the order when they refused the initial dismantling. As far as Eleusis is concerned, we've been told directly that one shrine to Twilight, one to Artemis/Gaia, is all that goes there. So fighting happens because Hashan broke the treaty, and that's all there really is to it.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• Frozen fingers failing you as you sculpt a tremendous troll snowman, the image of the dwarf you try to capture ends up looking more like a Chaos Lord.

Flawless
  • https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/lJ7pRV6j

These snowballs, man. And that was the snow in Thera, too.
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."

• Sarathai said:
    https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/lJ7pRV6j

These snowballs, man. And that was the snow in Thera, too.
    Achaea probably thinks you're hot stuff.

• JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    edited December 2016
    I'd also like to point out that most some of us are pretty sensible people and will probably give a warning or two before we just start jumping around, swords flailing unless you're one of the people who regularly participates in the conflict.

We even watched Zaeden (who participated with Rangor or Mycen) while he was in Darkenwood and Kasa warned him that we were there before things got hot.

So before anybody (@Senoske, I'm lookin at you) gets their panties in a bunch, give it time, don't kill protected stuff, and be merry.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • @Caelan More blood for the blood god?
  • edited December 2016
    Jonathin said:
    Well, tbh, it probably would have stayed order vs order if Rangor hadn't escalated it and had I not followed suit. So, if you're going to complain, complain about Rangor escalating and me being butthurt or something.

If you don't like the situation, do something to change it. Complaining feels good, but it's kinda on you if you do it while not doing something about it.

Also: f u @Kasa, where my tag?
    if it was order vs order it would be me and mycen (+ a few bashers and now Lilian!) vs kasa and regi. What are you even talking about? lol

Why should only order members get to participate anyways? I don't get your complaint or what problem you have with this.
  • It also grants a great opportunity to those wishing to join an order to display themselves. This darkenwood thing has a lot of potential to expoit. :)
  • Rangor said:
    Jonathin said:
    Well, tbh, it probably would have stayed order vs order if Rangor hadn't escalated it and had I not followed suit. So, if you're going to complain, complain about Rangor escalating and me being butthurt or something.

If you don't like the situation, do something to change it. Complaining feels good, but it's kinda on you if you do it while not doing something about it.

if it was order vs order it would be me and mycen (+ a few bashers and now Lilian!) vs kasa and regi. What are you even talking about? lol

Why should only order members get to participate anyways? I don't get your complaint or what problem you have with this.
    Significantly more than just those two are in Twilight's order, now that He's back.
  • Ryzeth said:
    Rangor said:
    Jonathin said:

Significantly more than just those two are in Twilight's order, now that He's back.
    The point still stands. There really wouldn't be many people participating.
  • Rangor said:
    (Targ, is this when you try to purify the woods?)
    I distinctly remember Mithraea-era Shallam going nuts on the Darkenwood and setting the whole thing on fire once, and getting themselves enemied to Oakstone over it. Hashan was being Hashan at the time, so nothing really came of it. Honestly, with the fighting going on there now, Targossas could probably jump in themselves (particularly with public posts etc.) and start setting it on fire.
    Rangor said:
    if it was order vs order it would be me and mycen (+ a few bashers and now Lilian!) vs kasa and regi.
    I'm there too sometimes! First you drop being Speaker on me, now you don't even remember my name. Is that all I am to you, a vehicle for jobs you don't want?!

• Jonathin said:
    Well, tbh, it probably would have stayed order vs order if Rangor hadn't escalated it and had I not followed suit. 
    There is basically no situation in which I would be willing to sit this one out. All BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD type reasons aside, he's the Patron of Hashan and attempts to push around his Order also reflect badly on his city.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Nazihk said:
    Jonathin said:
    Well, tbh, it probably would have stayed order vs order if Rangor hadn't escalated it and had I not followed suit. 
    There is basically no situation in which I would be willing to sit this one out. All BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD type reasons aside, he's the Patron of Hashan and attempts to push around his Order also reflect badly on his city.
    To be fair, Twilight kinda just came in and was like "I'mma fuck shit up, this is mine now."
    Huh. Neat.
  • Daeir said:
    DID SOMEONE SAY SETTING THINGS ON FIRE

OOOH I'M SO IN
    The BS have basically told us that we're not to war with Eleusis (not fair to beat on good-intention but ill-educated savages, I guess) so the only way to weigh in would be to help Eleusis take the Darkenwood from the Darkwalkers.

Setting the wood on fire would start war with the Eleusians :(
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• Xaden said:
    Daeir said:

OOOH I'M SO IN
    The BS have basically told us that we're not to war with Eleusis (not fair to beat on good-intention but ill-educated savages, I guess) so the only way to weigh in would be to help Eleusis take the Darkenwood from the Darkwalkers.
    Oi! We are not savages.

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Sarathai said:
    Xaden said:
    Daeir said:

OOOH I'M SO IN
    Oi! We are not savages.
    @Sarathai Lets be real, a good number of Eleusians are savages.
    Huh. Neat.
  • That sounds like a compliment, in that we are badass.

"Dude, you were savage!"
  • Marisella said:
    That sounds like a compliment, in that we are badass.

"Dude, you were savage!"
    That's actually a colloquialism in inner-city Dublin (along with 'deadly') to mean cool or awesome. 

I did not mean that here :p

• Sarathai said:
    Rangor said:
    (Targ, is this when you try to purify the woods?)
    I distinctly remember Mithraea-era Shallam going nuts on the Darkenwood and setting the whole thing on fire once, and getting themselves enemied to Oakstone over it. Hashan was being Hashan at the time, so nothing really came of it. Honestly, with the fighting going on there now, Targossas could probably jump in themselves (particularly with public posts etc.) and start setting it on fire.
    Rangor said:
    if it was order vs order it would be me and mycen (+ a few bashers and now Lilian!) vs kasa and regi.
    I'm there too sometimes! First you drop being Speaker on me, now you don't even remember my name. Is that all I am to you, a vehicle for jobs you don't want?!
    I thought you were a machine we put coins into and out popped essence, written files and so on
  • Xaden said:
    Daeir said:

OOOH I'M SO IN

Setting the wood on fire would start war with the Eleusians :(
    At one point you're going to have to get a creative on your own when your Gods drop the ball on engaging and fun conflict!
  • Dunn said:
    Didn't we just have a month or two of stupid alliances anyways? Need at least a month off from that. 
    The alliance wasn't stupid, it just didn't fit in with YOUR definition of fun.

I'm 100% no proposing a Targ alliance with Eleusis at all, though. Just pointing out why Targ probably won't get involved.