Memorable quotes

Comments

• I use Pachachacha to time seconds as well. Sorry I didn't think of that.

• If you really want to split hairs, a minute Achaea time is somewhere around 2.5 seconds RL time. I find that using "ticks" as my minutes, like ticks on a clock is perfectly acceptable. Never had to tell people about seconds before icly.

• Hourglass is also a timer. We have those.

• Saeva said:
    Hourglass is also a timer. We have those.
    NO YOU CAN'T HAVE HOURGLASSES BECAUSE TIMERS DON'T EXIST AND THEY'LL SHUT DOWN THE CLAN. >:(
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    "Pachacacha" really needs to be on HELP PRONUNCIATION.
  • /paw cha caw cha/

You can say it, repeat, speed up each time and pretend you are a train.
  • Lisbethae said:
    /paw cha caw cha/

You can say it, repeat, speed up each time and pretend you are a train.
    I always thought it was "puh chaw cuh chaw".
    Your way feels funny to say.
  • Patch of pines.
    Vines have overtaken this location. Sunset falls upon the arid landscape, the reddish light
    filtering across the horizon. A nearby branch is laden with hard-shelled nuts. A low-slung myrrh
    bush is here. A lobelia wildflower is growing here. A purple coneflower grows here, its large stalk
    straining towards the sky. A red elm tree grows here, its branches gently swaying in the breeze. A
    burdock plant is growing here. A green-flowered ginseng plant has been planted here. A low-lying
    wild ginger plant is growing here.
    You see exits leading east, southeast, and northwest.
    11:11:09.48 7363h|100%|7217m|100%|93%e 96%w| cdbk|dex |   -  reclamation subsume
    Reaching out to your nearby dominion, you command it to subsume the land which you stand upon,
    drawing it into the greater whole.
    Your network has gained an additional 2122 rooms.
    Annoy me and I shall put you all to sleep.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• What if I just want one-twelfth of a cognac? Is there a word for that?
  • Where is the LOL button.
  • Jinsun said:

<stuff about kissing me>

I was completely blindsided when you did that @Jinsun. Took me a full 30 seconds (or .2142 achaean years [math not to scale]) to register you actually did it.
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • Eh I try to play Jin as someone who doesn't worry about social constructs. He's not really bi but he wears a dress and a veil. He's not too fussed to kiss a dude
  • Hut of the warrioress Innej
    An ominous creep of amaranthine vapour pervades, its shifting tendrils seeking and spreading across
    the ground. Etarni, hunter of the Tomacula stands here, noticing everything going on.
    You see a single exit leading east.

Dont know why I got this image
    Image result for something isnt right madeline

Path through the Tomacula village.
    An ominous creep of amaranthine vapour pervades, its shifting tendrils seeking and spreading across
    the ground. The surroundings are dry and without moisture, a fact evident even in the dim morning
    light. Axes spinning restlessly in each hand, an enraged ogre destroyer lingers here.
    You see exits leading north, east, southeast, south, southwest, and west.
    An enraged ogre destroyer says, "Puny fleshling offers themselves as practice."

Image result for abomination warcraft gif

• That and I stay away from it at all costs ayyyy

• Daeir said:
    I'm reminded of the elves from Suramar for some reason.

SOMETHING'S NOT QUITE RIGHT..
    I'm sure you'll like this.

• 13:11:31.83 14986h|100%|10697m|100%|97%e 100%w| cdbk|dex | - 
    (Master Shrine Coordination): Gilthoniel says, "Despair is running out of mending fighting an ogre."
    13:11:31.92 14986h|100%|10697m|100%|97%e 100%w| cdbk|dex | -  
    With a roar of triumph, an enraged ogre destroyer stomps one final time on the bleeding remains of
    Gilthoniel.
    13:11:32.16 14986h|100%|10697m|100%|97%e 100%w| cdbk|dex | - 

- (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• Aerek said:
    I have always used "minutes" and "seconds" as IC terms for their real-life values. As far as I'm concerned, an Achaean day is divided into 60 minutes, which are divided into 60 seconds, because saying "one twelfth of a day" is retarded. There's a point that dropping understood lexicon in effort to be "IC" just becomes obtuse.

It's like the unending crafting debate. "My good chap! I could really do with a fine grape-based spirit grown in temperate soil, twice distilled in a copper still and aged for at least two years in an oak barrel, averaging at least 40% alcohol! Shall we?" Cognac. You want cognac. I don't care that it's a French loan word, just say the word and quit wasting my time.
    The generic term is brandy. Cognac isn't just a loan word, it's a specific appellation and refers to a place in France. The same way sparkling wine is the generic term we'd use instead of Champagne because that is also a specific appellation.  That being said I like the overall minutes and seconds idea.

• Verrucht said:
    Aerek said:
    I have always used "minutes" and "seconds" as IC terms for their real-life values. As far as I'm concerned, an Achaean day is divided into 60 minutes, which are divided into 60 seconds, because saying "one twelfth of a day" is retarded. There's a point that dropping understood lexicon in effort to be "IC" just becomes obtuse.

It's like the unending crafting debate. "My good chap! I could really do with a fine grape-based spirit grown in temperate soil, twice distilled in a copper still and aged for at least two years in an oak barrel, averaging at least 40% alcohol! Shall we?" Cognac. You want cognac. I don't care that it's a French loan word, just say the word and quit wasting my time.
    The generic term is brandy. Cognac isn't just a loan word, it's a specific appellation and refers to a place in France. The same way sparkling wine is the generic term we'd use instead of Champagne because that is also a specific appellation.  That being said I like the overall minutes and seconds idea.
    @Verrucht : but but but, can we possibly make such complex distinctions once we've generously sampled the wares?
  • Can we rename some cities to champagne and cognac? This is the mildest I've seen Verrucht on that subject. You can't say the words in reference to achaea or he yells at you. :frown:
  • Kez said:
    Can we rename some cities to champagne and cognac? This is the mildest I've seen Verrucht on that subject. You can't say the words in reference to achaea or he yells at you. :frown:
    Everyone has different things that break their immersion, that's a pretty major one for me.

• darn francophiles...

• Szanthax said:
    darn francophiles...
    Hey, I object to other things too like Tequila and Bourbon. I realise it might be pedantic, but I also don't really care.

• Verrucht said:
    Szanthax said:
    darn francophiles...
    Hey, I object to other things too like Tequila and Bourbon. I realise it might be pedantic, but I also don't really care.
    I had a friend that used to say 'well actually...' it was fun when we made it a drinking game. :)