Memorable quotes

Comments

• You greet Suthaine, the bookbinder with a sincere smile.
    Suthaine, the bookbinder exclaims, "Remember, if you are doing a hempleaf stitch, keep the sewing 
    points parallel!"

You greet Suthaine, the bookbinder with a sincere smile.
    Suthaine, the bookbinder exclaims, "Make sure the grain of your covers are parallel to the spine so 
    the pages of your creation turn easily!"

Suthaine, the bookbinder exclaims, "Always place your endpapers in before you add the covers, and 
    keep them the same colour as the inner cover!"

Suthaine, the bookbinder exclaims, "Remember, apply the microcrystalline wax AFTER the anti-curling 
    wax, heavens knows what will happen if you do it the other way around!"

Suthaine, the bookbinder waves a cheery farewell.
    Suthaine, the bookbinder exclaims, "Goodbye, dear friend. Remember! Over-stitch THEN under-stitch 
    makes for a stronger bind!"

I know SO MUCH about bookbinding now!
  • Mishgul said:
    The Reapers have returned
    Pfft, the Reapers are a myth!
  • Kaden said:
    Mishgul said:
    The Reapers have returned
    Pfft, the Reapers are a myth!

- (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    BUT I SAW THEM. GALANBANGATHANG WAS A REAPER, NOT JUST A GETH CONSTRUCT.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Skye tells you, "So like, what do you think those Tsol'teth look like... naked."

- With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    Shayde said:

Carmain Nithilar, Insid'ari's breath scorches the air as he says to Oblive, "If you want to kill people quickly and shallowly, those abilities serve you well."
    Carmain Nithilar, Insid'ari's breath scorches the air as he says, "If you really want to kill someone."
    Carmain Nithilar, Insid'ari's breath scorches the air as he says, "Make them love you."
    Carmain Nithilar, Insid'ari's breath scorches the air as he says, "And then step on them."

It is no wonder he is the "nicest" Mhaldorian I've ever met. You don't fool me!
    :o

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • - 2016/10/07 21:42:55 - Lylith burns to death at the searing behest of @Jhui's soulfire.

- 2016/10/07 21:42:56 - Vender burns to death at the searing behest of Jhui's soulfire.

- 2016/10/07 21:42:56 - Krizal burns to death at the searing behest of Jhui's soulfire.

- 2016/10/07 21:42:57 - Morsul has been slain by the might of Old Jhui Ta'sa.

- 2016/10/07 21:42:57 - Miralla burns to death at the searing behest of Jhui's soulfire.

- 2016/10/07 21:42:57 - Nehmrah burns to death at the searing behest of Jhui's soulfire.

- 2016/10/07 21:42:57 - Aylek burns to death at the searing behest of Jhui's soulfire.

- 2016/10/07 21:42:57 - Achimrst burns to death at the searing behest of Jhui's soulfire.

- 2016/10/07 21:42:58 - Ankhareoutef burns to death at the searing behest of Jhui's soulfire.

- 2016/10/07 21:42:58 - Miriew has been slain by the might of Old Jhui Ta'sa.

- 2016/10/07 21:42:58 - Morsul burns to death at the searing behest of Jhui's soulfire.

- 2016/10/07 21:42:58 - Xaden burns to death at the searing behest of Jhui's soulfire.

- 2016/10/07 21:42:58 - Savira burns to death at the searing behest of Jhui's soulfire.

- 2016/10/07 21:42:58 - Bleak burns to death at the searing behest of Jhui's soulfire.

- 2016/10/07 21:42:58 - Farrah burns to death at the searing behest of Jhui's soulfire.

- 2016/10/07 21:42:58 - Mosr has been slain by the might of Old Jhui Ta'sa.

- 2016/10/07 21:42:58 - Aylek burns to death at the searing behest of Jhui's soulfire.

- 2016/10/07 21:42:58 - Achimrst has been slain by the might of Old Jhui Ta'sa.

- 2016/10/07 21:42:58 - Death claims its own, as Jhui's own soulfire consumes him.

- 2016/10/07 21:42:59 - Miralla burns to death at the searing behest of Jhui's soulfire.

- 2016/10/07 21:42:59 - Miriew burns to death at the searing behest of Jhui's soulfire.

- 2016/10/07 21:42:59 - Savira has been slain by the might of Old Jhui Ta'sa.

- 2016/10/07 21:42:59 - Xaden burns to death at the searing behest of Jhui's soulfire.

- 2016/10/07 21:42:59 - Bleak burns to death at the searing behest of Jhui's soulfire.

- 2016/10/07 21:42:59 - Farrah burns to death at the searing behest of Jhui's soulfire.

Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • AustereAustere Tennessee
    Is that the record?  I'm fairly jealous right now.  
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    Not killed by crucible and only a burst. I'll take it.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • I got bursted and true died by one attack. :(

Thunderstorm killed five people and hit with five crucible procs at the same time. RIP.

• How does the crucible placer not due. Seems a little ridiculous

• Szanthax said:
    How does the crucible placer not due. Seems a little ridiculous

He did die.
  • It's not quite working as intended.

It's continuing to proc after he dies, while it's not supposed to (right? That's what I remember from release) and it's procing on deaths from its proc, which its also not supposed to do I believe.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Atalkez said:
    It's not quite working as intended.

It's continuing to proc after he dies, while it's not supposed to (right? That's what I remember from release) and it's procing on deaths from its proc, which its also not supposed to do I believe.
    I m ok with it proccing on it's own kills... But once the trap layer suicides it should stop...

• edited October 2016
    It shouldn't for the same reason the miasma won't be. Makes the chain never ending until entire room is wiped.

I could be wrong though.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • edited October 2016
    It doesn't. The thing is that it evaluates crucible on death - but damage is evaluated for AoE one person at a time. You can tell based on the deathsights how every so often you have a 'person is slain by the might of Jhui' kill, followed by like 5 crucible kills.

So, say someone (we'll call them Dun) drops a tstorm or a holocaust or whatever. There's 10 ppl in the room.

TSTORM
    Person 1 dies - crucible fires.
    CRUCIBLE
    Person 2 and everybody else lives (woo!) 
    TSTORM
    Person 3 dies (squishy lowbie) - crucible fires (again)
    CRUCIBLE
    Person 2 dies at this point, but because it's a crucible kill, it doesn't fire.
    TSTORM
    Person 4 dies (they've already taken two crucible hits at this point) - crucible fires (again x2)
    CRUCIBLE
    Person 5, 6, 7 die from the crucible hits. Dun also dies, but maybe thunderstorm code doesn't support someone dying mid-cast (because no
    one ever considered it), so the thunderstorm keeps on evaluating damage on targets.
    TSTORM
    Person 8 dies - crucible fires (again x3)
    CRUCIBLE
    Person 9 and 10 die.
  • Yeah but the chain effect is still there, even if the order isn't exactly correct. Likely due to backend handling of the interactions between the aoe and crucible.

• It's not procing from its own kills, which is the point I'm trying to make to you.
  • Ya I get it.

• edited October 2016
    It's for this exact reason that I kept two boar tattoos on me while I was bashing to Dragon.

If only I had enough space to wear two oxen...

I'd be looking like some sort of weird, rural farmer Yakuza.
  • One day, when people are finally fed up with crucible and its outlier concept, available only  to  "those that paid". I'll go and rammage through old posts concering their introduction, find my post saying this is a bad idea, then say 'I told you so' with an innocent smile. :)
  • Armali said:
    It's not procing from its own kills, which is the point I'm trying to make to you.
    It seems weird. Like I kill one person, crucible hits 5,  storm kills 5, 5 crucible kill everyone else. 

I love it for the kamikaze...I've never wanted to do bmer before 

• He is a tiger-like rajamala. A tattoo on his chest reads, "NO RAGRETS".

• edited October 2016
    Vallie said:
    From memory, tattoos are invisible or almost invisible until triggered, RP-wise. Permanent ink application shows them becoming unseen, I think?

• Sarathai said:
    Vallie said:
    From memory, tattoos are invisible or almost invisible until triggered, RP-wise. Permanent ink application shows them becoming unseen, I think?
    In my opinion, RP-wise, you can always ignore tattoos exist, like how you can ignore carrying dozens of vials and pipes and a hundred corpses around with you when you bash.
  • edited October 2016
    This is why Los is a must.

Snipe bots assemble!

Also starbursts.
  • Rangor said:
    This is why Los is a must.

Snipe bots assemble!

Also starbursts.
    I have breathstream, no bow, crappy ping, and no snipebot script. Can I come anyway?