Memorable quotes

Comments

• @Skye that's maybe something we can look into in the future, definitely won't be happening this week or two. For now you can at least see on UPCOMING how many days, hours, and minutes away the event is.

• I suggested we adopt Internet time some 10 years ago. I still think it's an easier standard for coordinating people in multiple time zones than, say, UTC.
  • Nicola said:
    Upcoming events and happenings.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#     Name                            ETA

196 Exciting Developments! 2d 8h 41m

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

... :tired_face: At least three more days of shards and griefing? Excuse me, I have a nail pulling to go schedule instead.
  • Patroklos said:
    ... :tired_face: At least three more days of shards and griefing? Excuse me, I have a nail pulling to go schedule instead.
    SHARD DROP IN SHAMTOTA!! y uR on 4ums!!??!  GOG OGOGOGO111o!1!!1

• "Hmm, it's been a while since I've swung by Sparrow's Rest. I never really go there anyway, and I am checking for Tide-infested spots..."
    Your words quietly thrum through the air as you say, "Eleusis."
    Jahalen, Master of Sparrow's Rest says, "Eleusis?! Don't speak to me of that place! If they had listened to me, they would not be in the mess they are in now."
    Jahalen, Master of Sparrow's Rest snarls viciously.

Your words quietly thrum through the air as you say, "Sentinel."
    Jahalen, Master of Sparrow's Rest exclaims, "A pox on all things Sentinel. May Lupus and Gaia forever protect our forest from their tainted influence!"
    Jahalen, Master of Sparrow's Rest spits on the ground in disgust.
    "Oh right. That's why."

Always a pleasure, Jahalen.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• What? Brazenly OOC branded pedophilia?

• Tenith'oru (Male Tsol'teth)
    His name holds no meaning.
    His strain holds no sway over him.
    The gods have forsaken him.
    He holds humanity in contempt.
    He loathes the Tsol'teth race.

Don't you just want to give him a hug?

• I want to give him a weapon and point him at the tsol'teth.
  • Synbios said:
    Tenith'oru (Male Tsol'teth)
    His name holds no meaning.
    His strain holds no sway over him.
    The gods have forsaken him.
    He holds humanity in contempt.
    He loathes the Tsol'teth race.
    Kosuira, Child Sorceress (Female Human)
    Her origins are shrouded in mystery.
    Her skills are formidable.
    Her aging has long since ceased.
    She is the apprentice and only friend of Tenith'oru.

I believe there's a term for this.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• Oh he got a weapon. Cool.
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    edited October 2016
    Well then...

The maddening buzz of a faint and unintelligible hum underlays the currents of besieged life as a shrine to the meld takes control of the ruins of Seleucar.

Foam-laden breakers crash upon the Mnemosynian shore as the southern land settles again around the latest addition of rubble to its vine-wreathed confines.

• In the desert, too.

• Should have eaten her cactus for breakfast. Hail Nereos!
  • Dortheron says in a deep, almost purring voice, "FUCK YOU SKIPICUS."

I don't know why, but the thought of that quote in a purring voice was pretty hilarious to me.

• (Newbie): Krozemkhek says, "Can I change my gender?"
    (Newbie): Romeo says, "You cannot."
    (Newbie): Krozemkhek says, "So I cant reincarnate into a siren?"
    (Newbie): Romeo says, "No, you cannot."
    (Newbie): Romeo says, "Just like females cannot change into a Satyr."

Romeo confirmed CIS shitlord.
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    Rearing back, a goblinoid soldier spits a stream of putrid, slimy goo in your eyes.
    You have been slain by a goblinoid soldier.
    A vine-bound stone elephant calf falls out of your inventory.
    Some irid moss falls out of your inventory.
    All your golden sovereigns fall from your lifeless hands.
    (p) (svof): Your max health decreased by 257h/3% to 8593.
    (svof): We died.
    (ex) {0hp|7220mp|37762e|22032wp}{|} |goblin| 30.6%XP (11:35:00.133)(-1627h, 18.9%) 

<a little bit later>

(p) (ex) {0hp|6770mp|38282e|22032wp}{|} |goblin| 30.6%XP (11:35:51.519)
    The omnipresent humming rises to a sharp, piercing keening that drives into your 
    mind.

(svof): Welcome back to life! System unpaused.
    (ex) {1hp|6770mp|38322e|22032wp}{|} |goblin| 30.6%XP (11:35:54.099)(+1h, 0.0%) 

I was so dead it made me not dead. 

Halstad said:
    (Newbie): Krozemkhek says, "Can I change my gender?"
    (Newbie): Romeo says, "You cannot."
    (Newbie): Krozemkhek says, "So I cant reincarnate into a siren?"
    (Newbie): Romeo says, "No, you cannot."
    (Newbie): Romeo says, "Just like females cannot change into a Satyr."

Romeo confirmed CIS shitlord.
    Unless you have the winning bid on an Auction that offers such a thing. It's happened.

• edited October 2016
    A rock-shaped crab perishes, asphyxiated by the tendrils of the surging tide.

Ladies and gentlemen, beware the tide, now it has crabs.
  • I am often treated to mistells from people who keep nametells on. Usually I can have a tiny amount of fun teasing someone who accidentally called me a rat while trying to use k as a short form of kill. Today I got a new one, though!

@Nazihk tells you, "To hashan."
    Nazihk tells you, "Oops!"
    You tell Nazihk, "I am quite interested in learning how you managed a mistell like that."
    Nazihk tells you, ""wa;k to hashan"."
  • Terrin'tuuran leans forward and whispers something into the ear of Daeir.
    An expression of horrified realisation crosses the face of Daeir as his shadow reaches out and wraps 
    its hands about his neck from behind. With mechanical detachment, the shadow violently twists the 
    head of Daeir a full rotation before casting the lifeless corpse to the ground.
    Daeir has been slain by Terrin'tuuran.

Okay that was really cool.

• Damn. What kinda sick things is he whispering to do that.

@Daeir??

• He told him who Negan killed.
  • edited October 2016
    There's a super hot chick behind you. Here, let me show you.
  • Halstad said:
    Dortheron says in a deep, almost purring voice, "FUCK YOU SKIPICUS."

I don't know why, but the thought of that quote in a purring voice was pretty hilarious to me.

Eh, it was something I set years ago when I first made Dortheron as a Raja. Best part is that the voice sticks around as a dragon ;)

Plus the entire humgii race, Tiny Dancer was in 1st when another shot him and dropped Tiny down to 2nd, causing me to lose out on 200+ credits for winning.
    You know, that one thing at that one place, with that one person.

Yea, that one!
  • An inquisitive ferret perishes, asphyxiated by the tendrils of the surging tide.

(Some Nameless Clan): @Skye says, "Not the ferret!"
    Jukilian said:
    Asmodron said:
    Daeir is slain by Terrin'tuuran's psychic assault.

(Hashan): You say, "What are the Tsol'teth up to?"

<few seconds later>

A knight of the Atrament tells you, "The same thing they are up to every day... conquering the world, I think."

Well yes >>

So which Tsol'teth is Pinky and which is the Brain?
    There's an interesting theory that Pinky is the genius and, realizing Brain is a highly functioning sociopath bent on world domination (and maybe destruction), plays the part of the bumbling idiot but just happens to manage to foil Brain's plans each and every day.

• There's some solid evidence too. Considering that the few times Pinky actually tries to take over the world, he's on the very edge of it until he stops himself.