Memorable quotes

Comments

• it was still pretty fun even with the guards. ya.

but to clarify, it may have ended up being 2 hrs of raiding in the end, but you called for help pretty much immediately.  The ganks outside the city were just attacking infamous people that were in a group themselves during the time where we were still trying to raid, so basically it was just 'initiating a fight'.  The word 'gank' is probably overused.

Teaching these Aetolia/Imperian/MKO converts that CFH is the thing to do at the first sign of trouble is no fun though.  You're better than that Farrah.
  • Jhui said:
    Teaching these Aetolia/Imperian/MKO converts that CFH is the thing to do at the first sign of trouble is no fun though.  You're better than that Farrah.
    Objective of raid defense is to kill the raiders, guards help kill raiders, CFH brings guards running. Seems like basic logic.
  • Reisen said:
    Jhui said:
    Objective of raid defense is to kill the raiders, guards help kill raiders, CFH brings guards running. Seems like basic logic.
    yuck, worldburn fits under that logic too
  • Reisen said:
    Jhui said:
    I don't necessarily agree with Jhui's heavy-handedness at times, but I agree that this logic is absolutely gross. Please don't play that way.
  • Yeah I kept trying to get them to let us retardation/Hirstshaker/guard rush/worldburn/webbomb any time Targ showed up but they kept telling me @Jhui would be sad. :(
  • its not like the guards were moved to where you were at... you raided at where guards reach :/ Most times i thought you raid like... where guards cant reach. they cant reach everywheres.

• My name is on the receiving end of those deathsights way too often :( 
  • I love you guys. Shut up whinging.
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• edited September 2016
    Aegoth said:
    Reisen said:
    Jhui said:
    I don't necessarily agree with Jhui's heavy-handedness at times, but I agree that this logic is absolutely gross. Please don't play that way.
    I guess if you don't care about roleplay or winning that's fair.
  • edited September 2016
    Xaden said:
    Reisen said:
    Aegoth said:
    Reisen said:
    Jhui said:
    I guess if you don't care about roleplay or winning that's fair.
    You really don't seem very compatible with Achaea's existing playerbase.
    I like winning fights, and I like roleplaying a character. So obviously I'm gonna try to do both of those things.
  • edited September 2016
    Xaden said:

Achaea's player base generally care to encourage participation so that everyone can enjoy interactions. So far, from what I've seen from you, you are not someone that I'd imagine many people would like to play with.
    I have, and always will, play to win, because winning is fun. There's no such thing as a cheap tactic, only what the rules of the game do and don't allow.
  • You think they ain't been toxic when they showin logs to house leaders and griefin people?

Lmao, you funny Xaden.

In all seriousness, back on track folks.
  • Frederich said:
    You think they ain't been toxic when they showin logs to house leaders and griefin people?

Lmao, you funny Xaden.

In all seriousness, back on track folks.
    I'm not sure I have any idea what you're talking about.
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• Xaden said:

What a horribly toxic approach to a game.
    It's actually really cathartic. Most people grump and complain about others being 'cheap' or 'unfair' and thus find the game more frustrating than fun when the perceived 'cheapness' occurs. I don't, so I have more fun and less frustration.
  • Good grief, I'm pretty glad I don't have to deal with that kind of attitude these days. 
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Who said E***m three times?

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • edited September 2016
    Shit if we can make the murder easier, I would be absolutely ecstatic to give you a ceremony to perform for those hard working women and men.

l o fucking l'd at the 'winning' attitude. Charlie Sheen sure had fun winning too.

Didn't you lose a debate this week, @Reisen?

• @Viho mine too. That Brightwatch guy or whatever it was sure was pissed off at me. I'm just an innocent BM, trying to Twist a few people. God.

• You know lower case 'L' looks like upper case 'i'? I was sitting ther going "eye-oh-eye'd? What the hell does that mean?"
  • It meant one of two things and you got it on the second time around. Sorry for confusion. 

• "I can't fight, so I CFH."

That's all I see.

Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • edited September 2016
    Omor said:

"I can't fight, so I CFH."

That's all I see.

I do both! The mechanic exists, why not use it to your advantage?
  • think the generally accepted notion is that guards are meant as a way to say 'we don't want to play right now', not as an 'I win' button.

Don't you have some super villain to be playing in Aetolia right now? Everyone over there already knows how to deal with you, leave these poor Achaeans alone. 
  • edited September 2016
    Aetolia got boring, and my raiding partner stopped playing, so I really only stick around there for the occasional sect fight and RP.
  • edited September 2016
    To be fair, if I had to fight Teradrim, I would be here too. 

That class is thread worthy. 

• edited September 2016
    Aetolia has prerestore, so limb classes aren't as scary as they might be here. Most teradrim I've fought are pretty simple to beat -- you just gotta learn and recognize the particular player's attack patterns and parry in kind. Parry is basically a sort of rock-paper-scissors game, so I've gotten the hang of it more often than not.

What's scariest is vampire. I've resolved to just not ever fight anyone in that class without backup.
  • There's no joy in fighting AI, whether it be in the form of a fully automated script or mobs such as guards. In this aspect Achaea is almost unique in all the IRE games, and I'm honestly glad of it. PvP pretty much died in games like Aetolia after it devolved into pure maths and "who can write the best autobot", and in Lusternia when the "win at all costs" mindset became the norm.

Needless to say, I'd very much like to keep that stuff at a healthy distance.