Memorable quotes

Comments

• Morsul said:
    There's no joy in fighting AI
    Why use a curing system then?
  • Because in the 1.5-3 second balance times that some people attack, we, as human beings, can't physically comprehend what just happened.  We can't see that we've gotten doublestabbed and afflicted with X and Y, and then do OUTRIFT X CURE, then do EAT X CURE.  And repeat that, in time, for Y cure.

Curing system's don't make us fully automative (as you seem to think it does??? AI means that there's no need for user input, whatsoever.)  Having a kill-bot script that murderizes people basically makes you an NPC, albeit less awesome than an honours mob.  Simply because honours mobs can at least have neat mechanics.

Also, this really doesn't need to devolve into another AI vs human touch forum arguement, especially in a threat dedicated to memorable quotes.

• edited September 2016
    Jhui said:
    it was still pretty fun even with the guards. ya.

but to clarify, it may have ended up being 2 hrs of raiding in the end, but you called for help pretty much immediately.  The ganks outside the city were just attacking infamous people that were in a group themselves during the time where we were still trying to raid, so basically it was just 'initiating a fight'.  The word 'gank' is probably overused.

Teaching these Aetolia/Imperian/MKO converts that CFH is the thing to do at the first sign of trouble is no fun though.  You're better than that Farrah.

You're being a bit stubborn and silly. Every city I've ever raided (Ashtan included) calls guards if the raiders are in guard range, not to mention I was alone with four of you the first time I did it. There's an extremely simple solution - be smart about your raid location like everyone else has to be. I didn't move any guards until 15 minutes after your sanction -ended-, when you still wouldn't stop.

Let's stop whining over stupid things.

Also ganking people you have no reason to gank (not everyone you ganked was even infamous) is not an appropriate way to begin a fight. All it does is frustrate the people on the receiving end.

If you would play nice rather than acting like some big bully, maybe people would be more receptive to what you want.
  • You're trying extremely hard to paint this picture that didn't happen for some reason.

we were just fighting
  • edited September 2016
    The ganks at the end were my call and I didn't see the group with them. I honors'd Aralaya, saw infamy, went for it and got hit by a few others. Then earrings went off and here we are getting called bullies. 

• edited September 2016
    If 2 hour raids are considered excessive, raiding has fallen a long way from what it used to be. Just sayin
  • Datrius said:
    If 2 hour raids are considered excessive, raiding has fallen a long way from what it used to be. Just sayin
    It was like 30 min before guards came out due to desperation. They outnumbered us pretty heavily too they just lost a few fights due to trying to beckon us instead of fight us for some reason. We just kept coming back for fun suicide runs after cuz why not
  • edited September 2016
    Frederich said:
    Because in the 1.5-3 second balance times that some people attack, we, as human beings, can't physically comprehend what just happened.  We can't see that we've gotten doublestabbed and afflicted with X and Y, and then do OUTRIFT X CURE, then do EAT X CURE.  And repeat that, in time, for Y cure.

Okay. So now you're curing faster than I can physically react to, because you're using an AI script to do it. Therefore, I'm going to write an offense AI script that will outpace your curing AI script. What's the issue here?
  • edited September 2016
    Jhui said:
    Datrius said:
    It was like 30 min before guards came out due to desperation. They outnumbered us pretty heavily too they just lost a few fights due to trying to beckon us instead of fight us for some reason. We just kept coming back for fun suicide runs after cuz why not
    Lol. None of this is true but it's clear that this is going nowhere.

Trying to insult me and create a hostile play environment is never going to get you what you want though. You should just recognize that the people you were fighting with weren't having fun and wanted to be done, accept that, and try not to, you know, make the situation worse by putting them down for not enjoying the fights you were initiating.
  • edited September 2016
    Nice edit about the screen readers, bruh. 

@ the post about AI. 

• Sometimes you just need to be called out. Hopefully the newer people listened up and realize cfh isn't a necessary crutch when it's not needed. 
  • Pretty sure every city is going to continue to CFH every time raiders make the mistake of raiding in guard range. But hopefully Ashtan will learn to scout and raid properly so we don't have to deal with these god awful rants in the quotes thread again. Phew.
  • Out of shrine range too?
  • I didn't use worldburn!
  • But it's basically the same excuse if you wanted to
  • Except not really the generally accepted practice, unlike guards if raiding in guard range. We just... expect that when we raid and choose location accordingly. Literally everyone does. If you want to rant about worldburn, rant about someone who worldburned you.
  • Well I'm here to fight back that it shouldn't be a generally accepted practice, just like hopefully you would if world burn became one.

lets make raiding easy and fun and not a chore
  • edited September 2016
    For the love of everything, please don't start another 'automation 4 lyfe' argument here :(

@Jhui- why don't you also do that, and recognize when people aren't in the mood to play? Not hard to just ask the person if they're not up for a fight if you see them sitting on a guard stack, not engaging, and only using CFH, and bugger off if they say they aren't.

(I don't have a horse in this race, as a disclaimer, but I do agree that people calling guards is usually a sign that they don't wanna play right now)
  • No one communicated anything about being burned out or not wanting us to raid. Drop a message if that's what you want. We will leave. In this instance, there was no attempted communication. 

• Anedhel said:
    For the love of everything, please don't start another 'automation 4 lyfe' argument here :(

@Jhui- why don't you also do that, and recognize when people aren't in the mood to play? Not hard to just ask the person if they're not up for a fight if you see them sitting on a guard stack, not engaging, and only using CFH, and bugger off if they say they aren't.

(I don't have a horse in this race, as a disclaimer, but I do agree that people calling guards is usually a sign that they don't wanna play right now)
    You weren't there. That wasn't how any of this went down. They were gladly fighting back until Farrah got locked and made a desperation cfh before she died. Then they made that the norm after. We knew itd happen after the first time but the chance of a fight was too good to pass up 
  • You're right, I wasn't there. My point was more: usually I ask when people call for help if they're fed up, cuz it's usually a sign, that's all I'm saying.

(If you're cool with staying and dying, that's super great, but maybe not something to try and shame someone over using if you admit you're basically baiting them to do it!)
  • Unless it's Eleusis. They will still guard you 30 seconds into a raid when they have 3x defenders. 

• Dunn said:
    Nice edit about the screen readers, bruh. 

@ the post about AI. 

-----
    Stuck in quote. But, Reisen has edited almost every post they've made within a few minutes. So my memorable quote is the <REDACTED> in so many of Reisen's posts.
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • Jhui said:
    Anedhel said:

You weren't there. That wasn't how any of this went down. They were gladly fighting back until Farrah got locked and made a desperation cfh before she died. Then they made that the norm after. We knew itd happen after the first time but the chance of a fight was too good to pass up 
    ...what? Please just stop spewing bullshit. I didn't call for help when I "got locked" I called for help when I was being beat on 4v1 while alone in guard range. Why distort things?

@DunnHow is using guards not indicative of that on it's own?

When we stopped engaging in reaches, we were done. We assumed you coming in anyway, ranting about guard use, attempting to bash guards, etc. meant you didn't care and would prefer bashing your heads against a wall to "make a point." 

I honestly just never really liked having to OOCly tell people to stop. Would rather deal IG than OOC unless absolutely necessary but different people like different ways.
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    @Nicola halp
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • Sorry I'm not a mind reader. Send a message next time.

• Dunn said:
    Sorry I'm not a mind reader. Send a message next time.
    I didn't fault you for anything. I just think it's silly to come to forums throwing mud over it. This would have all just stayed IG otherwise.
  • And I'm not throwing mud. I'm telling you that I would like to avoid this in the future so please send me a message.