Memorable quotes

Comments

• edited May 2015
    I kind of feel bad about letting people pay me 20cr for each piece now. :(

Would recommend changing it so that it can either be picked back up to remove the effect (or perhaps once it's placed the effect stays until the figurine automatically resets?), or allowing the undead effect to be granted to new crew.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• KayeilKayeil Washington State
    Yeah I wouldn't have bothered buying the pieces and putting it together, but I guess I should've asked first. Please Tecton consider changing it. o:)  I assume the Shop of Wonders eye patch that turns them into pirates can be used again?
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• Daeir said:
    You give a great leopard cowry to Edric, the barkeep.
    Edric, the barkeep exclaims, "Hey now, you've already had a refill this month!"
    Edric, the barkeep hands the shell back with a shake of his head.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Why @Tecton whyyyyyy

Have mercy and make it every two days or something, the cowry rum is by far the best rum in the game :(
    Clearly you need to give the Merchant's lounge your patronage more often.

• Daeir said:
    What is this madness.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    Trey said:
    Daeir said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Why @Tecton whyyyyyy

Have mercy and make it every two days or something, the cowry rum is by far the best rum in the game :(
    Clearly you need to give the Merchant's lounge house your patronage more often.
    ftfy
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• Tharvis said:
    Trey said:
    Daeir said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Why @Tecton whyyyyyy

Clearly you need to give the Merchant's lounge house your patronage more often.
    ftfy
    No, just the lounge.

• edited May 2015
    A wraith of the admiralty turns his cold and disdainful gaze upon your supine form, 
    bringing to bear all the accusatory disappointment that a fleet admiral can level upon a 
    lowly deckhand.
    Panic and fear pin your limbs in their icy grasp.
    An alluring dryad has been slain by a wraith of the admiralty.

I knew I was pretty but Alluring? Why thank you Achaea. Taking this Sylvan thing to the next level.
  • This is how battlerage is meant to work, yeah?

https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/7892882c
  • Jukilian said:
    This is how battlerage is meant to work, yeah?

Oops. Looks like group rage gain there is showing the attacker's total. Fun. Byakko wry u no use rage!?!
  • Severina said:
    Jukilian said:

Oops. Looks like group rage gain there is showing the attacker's total. Fun. Byakko wry u no use rage!?!
    Ah, is that what's happening? I couldn't figure it out, I just bugged it thinking it was some sort of wrong decimal placing or something
  • edited May 2015
    Brean said:
    Severina said:
    Jukilian said:

Ah, is that what's happening? I couldn't figure it out, I just bugged it thinking it was some sort of wrong decimal placing or something
    Yeah. If you follow it closely you can see individual players' totals going up and down as they generate and use rage.
  • You can get sarcasm detectors?
  • RuthRuth Singapore
    Sometimes, I think you have too much fun in Mhaldor.
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• Ruth said:
    Sometimes, I think you have too much fun in Mhaldor.

Nevar

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • 5754h|100%, 5081m|98%, 92%e, 95%w cexkdb 0 - 07:59:31.486 
    An adolescent mhun prods @Taraus in the chest.
    5754h|100%, 5081m|98%, 93%e, 95%w cexkdb 0 - 07:59:31.632 
    Kid just had his mind blown.
    Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Lavakhi strikes up a bantering dialogue with a great white stag, but is only
    able to cause a minor headache.
    Lavakhi has scored a CRITICAL hit!

Pahaha. Now I want to know what the increased-strength Befuddle looks like.

• TarausTaraus The Gypsy Wind
    Tesha takes the corpse of a Tsol'aa ranger from a luminous ivory jaguar.

Pretty sure that's how THAT was intended to be used. lol?

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    risk free combat is also my favourite type of combatTaraus said:

Losing is for suckers!!

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Taraus said:

this argument is so 6 months ago
    pets can't hold more than one item, can they? Or am I wrong in thinking that?

• You're wrong, unfortunately.
    Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    You can't give a pet more than one item at a time, but they can hold multiple items - a full round of DKs, Sidhe and Unside (but not now, it'd take too long before they started decaying / respawning)

Worth noting, there are occasions where the death of the owner results in the pet dropping all the corpses.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
    is there actually a functional reason for pets to be able to hold more than one item?
    Or is literally the only use people have for that functionality currently to have it hold corpses?
    If the latter, I feel like the number of items in general they can carry should be limited - though I imagine people will find ways around this regardless
    Or make what Klendathu said happen on every owner death, corpses the pet is carrying are dropped.

• edited May 2015
    There was a whole discussion on this a few months ago iirc. I think admin said they'd look into it, and I believe admin decided they were fine with how it was. There are many ways to protect corpses, I just used the most convenient one for me.

i'm a rebel

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Heart attack: Achaea style

Lucca, the Ashtan paperboy yells, "Extra, extra! Read all about it! Get your newspapers here!"

4220h, 3637m, 20000e, 16400w cexkdb- D|E  83.2% 18:18:35.921

KillTracker tables saved

A salve of restoration went to waste when an oaken vial turned to dust in your hands.A salve of 

restoration went to waste when an oaken vial turned to dust in your hands.The venom slike went to 

waste when an oaken vial turned to dust in your hands.The venom slike went to waste when an oaken 

vial turned to dust in your hands.The venom curare went to waste when an oaken vial turned to dust in 

your hands.A salve of restoration went to waste when an oaken vial turned to dust in your hands.The 

venom curare went to waste when an oaken vial turned to dust in your hands.A salve of restoration 

went to waste when an oaken vial turned to dust in your hands.You are dismayed as an oaken vial turns 

to dust in your hands.

The venom delphinium went to waste when an oaken vial turned to dust in your hands.A salve of 

restoration went to waste when an oaken vial turned to dust in your hands.The venom xentio went to 

waste when an oaken vial turned to dust in your hands.The venom darkshade went to waste when an oaken 

vial turned to dust in your hands.An elixir of mana went to waste when an oaken vial turned to dust 

in your hands.A salve of restoration went to waste when an oaken vial turned to dust in your hands.

You are dismayed as an oaken vial turns to dust in your hands.

You are dismayed as an oaken vial turns to dust in your hands.

An elixir of health went to waste when an oaken vial turned to dust in your hands.An elixir of health 

went to waste when an oaken vial turned to dust in your hands.A salve of restoration went to waste 

when an oaken vial turned to dust in your hands.An elixir of health went to waste when an oaken vial 

turned to dust in your hands.An elixir of health went to waste when an oaken vial turned to dust in 

your hands.An elixir of health went to waste when an oaken vial turned to dust in your hands.An 

elixir of health went to waste when an oaken vial turned to dust in your hands.An elixir of health 

went to waste when an oaken vial turned to dust in your hands.An elixir of health went to waste when 

an oaken vial turned to dust in your hands.An elixir of levitation went to waste when an oaken vial 

turned to dust in your hands.A salve of restoration went to waste when an oaken vial turned to dust 

in your hands.An elixir of health went to waste when an oaken vial turned to dust in your hands.An 

elixir of health went to waste when an oaken vial turned to dust in your hands.A caloric salve went 

to waste when an oaken vial turned to dust in your hands.An elixir of health went to waste when an 

oaken vial turned to dust in your hands.An elixir of health went to waste when an oaken vial turned 

to dust in your hands.An elixir of health went to waste when an oaken vial turned to dust in your 

hands.You are dismayed as an oaken vial turns to dust in your hands.

An elixir of health went to waste when an oaken vial turned to dust in your hands.You are dismayed as 

an oaken vial turns to dust in your hands.

A salve of restoration went to waste when an oaken vial turned to dust in your hands.A salve of 

restoration went to waste when an oaken vial turned to dust in your hands.A salve of restoration went 

to waste when an oaken vial turned to dust in your hands.A salve of restoration went to waste when an 

oaken vial turned to dust in your hands.An elixir of mana went to waste when an oaken vial turned to 

dust in your hands.You are dismayed as an oaken vial turns to dust in your hands.

4220h, 3637m, 20000e, 16400w cexkdb- D|E  83.2% 18:19:30.757

Huh. Neat.