Memorable quotes

Comments

• I would say it is more about the event itself than the changes. I was hunting just fine before I wandered into that death trap of undead.
  • Razzlo said:
    I would say it is more about the event itself than the changes. I was hunting just fine before I wandered into that death trap of undead.
    That wraith of the admiralty was one-shotting things, too.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    - 2015/05/23 03:13:04 - A hollow husk is all that remains of Alcinae, his debts called due by a ghoulish merchant.
    - 2015/05/23 03:13:07 - A hollow husk is all that remains of Tysora, her debts called due by a ghoulish merchant.
    - 2015/05/23 03:13:07 - A hollow husk is all that remains of Aurielle, her debts called due by a ghoulish merchant.
    - 2015/05/23 03:13:07 - A hollow husk is all that remains of Byakko, her debts called due by a ghoulish merchant.
    - 2015/05/23 03:13:07 - A hollow husk is all that remains of Allene, her debts called due by a ghoulish merchant.
    - 2015/05/23 03:13:07 - A hollow husk is all that remains of Sunny, his debts called due by a ghoulish merchant.
    - 2015/05/23 03:13:07 - A hollow husk is all that remains of Akamai, his debts called due by a ghoulish merchant.
    - 2015/05/23 03:13:07 - A hollow husk is all that remains of Zarla, her debts called due by a ghoulish merchant.
    - 2015/05/23 03:13:07 - A hollow husk is all that remains of Lace, her debts called due by a ghoulish merchant.
    - 2015/05/23 03:13:07 - A hollow husk is all that remains of Alaskar, his debts called due by a ghoulish merchant.
    - 2015/05/23 03:13:10 - A hollow husk is all that remains of Daeir, his debts called due by a ghoulish merchant.
    - 2015/05/23 03:13:10 - A hollow husk is all that remains of Skye, her debts called due by a ghoulish merchant.
    - 2015/05/23 03:13:10 - A hollow husk is all that remains of Voc, his debts called due by a ghoulish merchant.
    - 2015/05/23 03:13:10 - A hollow husk is all that remains of Atalkez, his debts called due by a ghoulish merchant.
    - 2015/05/23 03:13:10 - A hollow husk is all that remains of Watchman, his debts called due by a ghoulish merchant.
    - 2015/05/23 03:13:10 - A hollow husk is all that remains of Aaiden, her debts called due by a ghoulish merchant.
    - 2015/05/23 03:13:10 - A hollow husk is all that remains of Talion, his debts called due by a ghoulish merchant.
    - 2015/05/23 03:13:10 - A hollow husk is all that remains of Alekxz, her debts called due by a ghoulish merchant.
    - 2015/05/23 03:13:10 - A hollow husk is all that remains of Azelhu, her debts called due by a ghoulish merchant.
    - 2015/05/23 03:13:11 - A hollow husk is all that remains of Krux, his debts called due by a ghoulish merchant.

• Sarathai said:
    Razzlo said:
    I would say it is more about the event itself than the changes. I was hunting just fine before I wandered into that death trap of undead.
    That wraith of the admiralty was one-shotting things, too.
    Yeah, it has a fun instant kill that requires almost no prep.

• Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    edited May 2015
    Anyway... for the people who missed it...

A warhorn sounds in the far distance, emitting three precise, clarion blasts that echo across the seas before surrendering to silence.

<bout 15 minutes of nothing and me frantically choking on breakfast and logging on>

The caustic voice of Kinilan Demaxx sizzles through the air, "Here fishy fishy fishy! ...or you know, whatever!"

A thunderous rumbling reverberates from the waters off the Sea Lion coast.

Congruent dins rise from the shores of Thrassi and Tasur'ke.

The raucous chorus culminates in a roaring cacophony as three grand waves slam into the vulnerable shorelines, the cries of those unfortunates caught in the destruction muffled by the careless might of the unleashed sea.

Falling prey to the incalculable force of the crashing waves, the raging sea has claimed Tael's life.

Falling prey to the incalculable force of the crashing waves, the raging sea has claimed Theris's life.

Falling prey to the incalculable force of the crashing waves, the raging sea has claimed Alcinae's life.

Falling prey to the incalculable force of the crashing waves, the raging sea has claimed Saeva's life.

Falling prey to the incalculable force of the crashing waves, the raging sea has claimed Saeva's life.

Falling prey to the incalculable force of the crashing waves, the raging sea has claimed Evey's life.

Falling prey to the incalculable force of the crashing waves, the raging sea has claimed Tallis's life.

Falling prey to the incalculable force of the crashing waves, the raging sea has claimed Sarathai's life.

Falling prey to the incalculable force of the crashing waves, the raging sea has claimed Ethros's life.

Falling prey to the incalculable force of the crashing waves, the raging sea has claimed Gloern's life.

Falling prey to the incalculable force of the crashing waves, the raging sea has claimed Sarathai's life.

Reluctantly, the waters withdraw, birthing a heavy silence teeming with apprehensive anticipation.

<Totally frantically performing a ship libation on the fly between spam>

A shadow falls over the oceans.

A shadow that creeps beneath the waves with languid menace, making its way towards the Sapience coastline in sinister silence.

Once more, a warhorn sounds in challenge, its cry bellowing out from the Cnidian Gates.

An answering call rings out in the south, its baleful tones sweeping northward over the Notic ocean to join the baying of the forerunner.

Finally, from the vastness of the Sefyric, an unmistakably Caspiite descant surges forth to weave amongst the harmonies of its brethren.

A sussurate moan envelops the land as waves of undead rise from the oceans at the behest of the Caspiite Agiads lingering offshore. <-- p sure Agiad is the wrong word but ok event people. ._. /anal about tritonic terminology

A foul stench and the quiet clanking of chains pervade the harbour.
    A foul stench and the quiet clanking of chains pervades the cove.
    A foul stench and the quiet clanking of chains pervades the harbour.

<some general confusion and milling around over the level restrictions around areas>

<people start dying to zombies and stuff>

I think some of us were slightly confused after days and days of sea battles suddenly we were being herded back to land for a zombie fight lol. Would've liked to engage some of them Caspiites :( 

• Tidal wave death was totally worth it.
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."

• I'm just happy I can take part now is my Neraic duty!

• Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • A wraith of the admiralty lifts his right hand in gesture and takes half a step back, opening up in 
    an expansive motion.
    A great crashing responds as a fleet of spectral ships beach themselves at speed, crushing you 
    beneath their barnacled hulls.
    You have been slain by a wraith of the admiralty.

The boss deaths are enjoyable, at least.
  • Now that's what I call a FAILboat!
  • Hayte said:
    Now that's what I call a FAILboat!
    *crickets*

• edited May 2015
    You form a small pebble, then channel air to fling it violently at a ghoulish wench's head, causing her to look dazed.
    A ghoulish wench blinks her eyes as she forgets what she was doing.
    The dazed look on a ghoulish wench's face fades away.

Favourite ability/affliction combo. I just imagine the victim being hit by the pebble and despite not doing any damage just baffled into inaction.
  • Atalkez said:
    Halos tentacled me on purpose during every group fight for my 8 RL months that I fought with Targossas. Wish I was joking.

• edited May 2015
    Santar said:
    Atalkez said:
    Halos tentacled me on purpose during every group fight for my 8 RL months that I fought with Targossas. Wish I was joking.
    He just wanted Senpai to notice him
  • One time I was tumbling off clouds from a group of people, and Halos devo forced me to cancel my tumble.

With allies like this, who needs enemies.

• Santar said:
    One time I was tumbling off clouds from a group of people, and Halos devo forced me to cancel my tumble.

With allies like this, who needs enemies.
    Best Priest

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    relevant to current event ( @Kayeil ) :
    Message #7089       Sent by Meletus
    5/24/16:05 Greetings! In regards to issue #72969: Once the clay figurine has been placed, it can not 
    be picked back up. Use it wisely!
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• KayeilKayeil Washington State
    Tharvis said:
    5/24/16:05 Greetings! In regards to issue #72969: Once the clay figurine has been placed, it can not 
    Odd. Mine kept returning to my inventory.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    Kayeil said:
    Tharvis said:
    Odd. Mine kept returning to my inventory.
    that'll probably be a bug
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• KerriaKerria The Red Lioness

@Everley tells you, "Legs."
    Everley tells you, "Er, mis."

You tell Everley, "Or arms, never go amiss with arms."

Everley laughingly tells you, "Yes, arms are good too."

• KayeilKayeil Washington State
    Kayeil said:
    Message #8          Sent by Achaea
          5/25/5:36 Your bug report (detail: Umm. Aren't the spectral shipmates only 
    supposed to be spectral at night, and normal during the day? Mine are still 
    spectral in the day) - has been removed because it is not a bug (usually meaning 
    that this is the way things are intended to be). Please accept our apologies for 
    any inconvenience or misunderstanding that may be involved. The following notes 
    were included: These aren't your shoddy Pirates of the Caribbean undead! Achaean 
    undead are committed to the state and remain undead all day and all night.
    Asked if the effect would be placed on future crew if any died or left and I had to hire some... well this answer sucks. Just more of a reason to not sail because of pirates, don't want to lose the effect.

Message #8          Sent by Anytus
          5/25/5:48 Greetings! Regarding your issue #72986: The gifted undeath only 
    extends to the crew that were aboard at the time! Please let us know if you have 
    any further questions via ISSUE ME!
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.