Miscellaneous Maths/Testing II

Comments

• Care to share Alchemist damage at trans'd @Sena, since you are one? I'm curious as to how much of an increase they actually received.

• Cynlael said:

Care to share Alchemist damage at trans'd @Sena, since you are one? I'm curious as to how much of an increase they actually received.

I have 11 int, so I'd need either an artefact sash (not level 2) or a second alchemist (not with 11 or 13 int). Also someone with a falcon, but that's not too hard to find.

• edited July 2014

Garrote damage is 320+4*DamageStat at trans. I think whip speed is probably still more important than whip damage, but until I know exactly how dex works I can't be sure.

Also, sumac and camus are 120 and 400 damage, respectively. Same as before the changes.

• Spent some more time trying to work out garrote speed. A better estimate (fits pretty closely with every data point I have, though that isn't a lot, and I don't have anything above 15 dex) is a 7% or 6% balance reduction per point of dexterity. "7% or 6%" meaning that sometimes it's 7%, sometimes it's 6%. It's 7% for slower garrotes (either because of a lower speed stat or lower subterfuge skill), 6% for faster garrotes, although that could just be a coincidence (I've only tested 4 whips). The difference doesn't depend solely on whip speed, because a low-skill 152-speed whip gets 7% while a trans 154-speed whip gets 6%.

Still need more testing, especially with higher dexterity.

• Razeslash does half the damage of a normal weapon attack with your right hand weapon. Interestingly, the speed stat of your weapons doesn't seem to make any difference. RSL with two practice rapiers (1/1/1) is 2.7 seconds with expert chivalry, RSL with two shortswords (130 and 134 speed) is also 2.7 seconds.

• edited July 2014

With weaponry fixed now, I'll need to see DSL/RSL/weapon damage again. It looks more complicated than just X+DamageStat*Y, and DSL has some modifier (or possibly an entirely different formula) rather than simply adding or averaging two weapon attacks. My runewarden doesn't quite have enough lessons for trans chivalry.

• So it would be better to bash with a good rapier rather than blademaster drawslash with lvl one band and fifteen str?
  • @Mortori need to root weapon damage in Chivalry.

Cut Weaponry damage by about 40%, Transcendent Chivalry to boost by 40%.

Knights maintain as intended without game breaking the rest.

• Mizik said:
    @Mortori need to root weapon damage in Chivalry.

Cut Weaponry damage by about 40%, Transcendent Chivalry to boost by 40%.

Knights maintain as intended without game breaking the rest.

I swear to God, the new rants thread is messing with my head. I tried to read this as a haiku and pulled something.

• edited July 2014

@Sena - just got Alchemist 12int... Seems off, though? I'm not sure.

600 damage per educe. - 3.55-3.75 varying speed (ping is my guess), no quick witted or diadem.

660 with Ethian empowerment.

edit: maybe not off, after looking at your numbers posted.

• That's fast, are you sure it's without any eq reductions?

It's still 3.7s with quick-witted for me, and the announce post didn't mention any changes besides damage.

• Anybody find a hard-cap to balance reduction on higher dex for garotte? I.e. above 16 doesn't reduce any more or won't reduce below a certain point? With Level 3 lash, getting more or less 1.8ish (depending on ping), don't know how much higher dex is going to affect that (15 dex now).

The Truths hurt. Always.
  • I still haven't seen garrote speed at >15 dex, so I'm not sure what the cap is, if any, or whether there's diminishing returns after some point.

I just tested bop, and it seems to be 282+2.82*DamageStat. That seems like a rather odd choice of numbers, so I'd like to see bop with a level 2/3 blackjack for confirmation.

• Sena said:

That's fast, are you sure it's without any eq reductions?

It's still 3.7s with quick-witted for me, and the announce post didn't mention any changes besides damage.

Huh..

[spoiler]Drawing upon the latent alchemical energies, you sketch out a symbol in the air with your finger in the shape of two isosceles triangles set base-to-base.
    Directing the energy of iron, you engulf a rat's body with ashen flames, which burn his skin with their frigid touch.
    As the icy flames claw at a rat, frostbite sets in as his body ceases to produce sufficient warmth to keep alive.
    You have slain a rat, retrieving the corpse.
    [3485(100)|1710(53)|100 99][B D C K  X|83%] (-80m, 2.5%)
    You have recovered equilibrium. 3.769s

Drawing upon the latent alchemical energies, you sketch out a symbol in the air with your finger in the shape of two isosceles triangles set base-to-base.
    Directing the energy of iron, you engulf an old rat's body with ashen flames, which burn his skin with their frigid touch.
    As the icy flames claw at an old rat, frostbite sets in as his body ceases to produce sufficient warmth to keep alive.
    You have slain an old rat, retrieving the corpse.
    [3485(100)|1705(53)|100 99][B D C K  X|83%] (-80m, 2.5%)
    You take a drink from a black-walnut vial.
    Your mind feels stronger and more alert.
    [3485(100)|2273(71)|100 99][B D C K  X|83%] (+568m, 17.8%)
    You have recovered equilibrium. 3.831s

Drawing upon the latent alchemical energies, you sketch out a symbol in the air with your finger in the shape of two isosceles triangles set base-to-base.
    Directing the energy of iron, you engulf a rat's body with ashen flames, which burn his skin with their frigid touch.
    As the icy flames claw at a rat, frostbite sets in as his body ceases to produce sufficient warmth to keep alive.
    You have slain a rat, retrieving the corpse.
    [3485(100)|2900(90)|100 99][B D C K  X|83%] (-80m, 2.5%)
    You may drink another health or mana elixir or tonic.
    [3485(100)|2900(90)|100 99][B D C K  X|83%]
    You have recovered equilibrium. 3.825s

Directing the energy of iron, you engulf a baby rat's body with ashen flames, which burn his skin with their frigid touch.
    As the icy flames claw at a baby rat, frostbite sets in as his body ceases to produce sufficient warmth to keep alive.
    You have slain a baby rat, retrieving the corpse.
    [3485(100)|3110(97)|100 99][B D C K  X|83%] (-80m, 2.5%)
    You have recovered equilibrium. 3.632s [/spoiler]

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Racial:   Winged
    Level 20: Robust                  
    Level 30: Meticulous Care         
    Level 40: Master metallurgist     
    Level 50: Nimble                  
    Level 60: Master contemplator     
    Level 70: Empty
    Level 80: Empty
    Level 90: Empty
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Key: Major Trait  Minor Trait
    [3485(100)|3190(100)|100 100][B D C K  EX|83%]

No diadem, either.

• Hmm. Maybe it was made to be always 3.7s and get no benefit from quick-witted, so you don't have to choose between quick-witted for PvE and nimble for PvP. I might try resetting my traits to check that.

• Nope, after resetting my traits I'm getting 4 seconds.

• edited July 2014

That's really weird. Maybe system is just taking my ping into account when it's giving back my balance timers (usually playing with around 170-210)

Either way, the damage buff Alchemist got is certainly nice.

• @Sena‌ : Hi. Can you do the numbers for Shin Burst? Ever since the changes to drawslash, I feel that Shin Burst deals a lot more damage by comparison. Can you verify?

• Synbios said:

@Sena‌ : Hi. Can you do the numbers for Shin Burst? Ever since the changes to drawslash, I feel that Shin Burst deals a lot more damage by comparison. Can you verify?

It does. At 12 int, burst is 780 damage at 4s eq, giving it about 195 DPS, about the same as Arash drawslash with 15 str and nimble.

I haven't confirmed that burst actually gets any bonus from int though, which is why I hadn't posted the details yet. The blademaster I tested with is gone, so I'll need someone else to help with that.

• I'm not sure why I didn't post the drawslash info though, so here's that.

Drawslash works the same way as before, it's just the numbers that are different: The damage is 324+16.5x, with x being -4 for Thyr, -2 for Mir, -1 for unstanced, 0 for Sanya, 1 for Doya, 2 for Arash, and bands add +1 per level to that.

• Sena said:
    Synbios said:

@Sena‌ : Hi. Can you do the numbers for Shin Burst? Ever since the changes to drawslash, I feel that Shin Burst deals a lot more damage by comparison. Can you verify?

It does. At 12 int, burst is 780 damage at 4s eq, giving it about 195 DPS, about the same as Arash drawslash with 15 str and nimble.

I haven't confirmed that burst actually gets any bonus from int though, which is why I hadn't posted the details yet. The blademaster I tested with is gone, so I'll need someone else to help with that.

Willing to help out, except I don't have int arties, and it seems you already have the 12 int test down, which is my intelligence as well.

• You can still help, I borrowed a sash.

• edited July 2014

Confirmed that burst is increased by int (it actually seems higher than the usual int bonus; 14 int brings it to 885), making it pretty overpowered. Fully artied burst is well over 400 DPS.

Also, smite is 150+2.2*DamageStat (summoned mace is 150/200/200).

• @Sena: How it feels like when I'm bashing now...

• Since burst went from useless to unexpectedly awesome, it would be a good idea to check evileye bleed for changes too.

• If you see me around @Sena, and still don't have numbers for bard, I'm a 12 strength/12int bard.

• Bard damage is either bugged, or random. Sometimes it's 144+3.2*DamageStat for jab and JabDamage/4 for accentato (roughly 180+4*DamageStat total), sometimes it's exactly half of that. Those numbers are with 227-235 speed rapiers, in case speed matters for the damage formula. Jab (and thus accentato since it scales with jab damage) is increased by strength, int doesn't increase the damage at all.

I've also been testing weaponry damage, but the speed definitely makes a difference, so I need a lot more data. I especially need to see examples of two weapon with the same speed but different damage, and weapons with the same damage but different speed. I've seen 69/199, 88/220, 82/223, 1/1, 125/178, 90/228, and 151/167, for reference. Also, throwing seems to be different from melee, and I've only seen 91/199 thrown.
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    Sena said:

Bard damage is either bugged, or random. Sometimes it's 144+3.2*DamageStat for jab and JabDamage/4 for accentato (roughly 180+4*DamageStat total), sometimes it's exactly half of that. Those numbers are with 227-235 speed rapiers, in case speed matters for the damage formula. Jab (and thus accentato since it scales with jab damage) is increased by strength, int doesn't increase the damage at all.

I've also been testing weaponry damage, but the speed definitely makes a difference, so I need a lot more data. I especially need to see examples of two weapon with the same speed but different damage, and weapons with the same damage but different speed. I've seen 69/199, 88/220, 82/223, 1/1, 125/178, 90/228, and 151/167, for reference. Also, throwing seems to be different from melee, and I've only seen 91/199 thrown.

Was a bug with some weaponry attacks, yeah. Fixed now!

• Shin burst damage is 433 now. That makes 12 int burst without quick-witted about equal to 12 str unbanded drawslash in Mir with nimble (~108 DPS).

• Thanks Obama.