Roleplay Logs!

Comments

• I don't really buy that the game is all that different. People still want now the same things that they wanted back in like 2005. The game has advanced in many ways, yes, but at the heart of it, people want compelling conflict in factions that they can easily identify with.

Ashtan as a faction is still the same as it was, with the awesome addition of Babel and Chaos. Targossas now is what people wanted Shallam to be back then. Eleusis is (would be) heading in a cool direction under Gaia, too, and fulfilling the wishes of people who've longed for a proactive forestal faction.

I won't comment on Mhaldor's leadership, because I know that leadership is a thankless job at the best of times, but I can see what people are saying in how Mhaldor more than the other cities has changed over that time period. It's definitely not what it was under Wulfen, for instance.

This isn't to say that the change in Mhaldor is good or bad, of course, only to say that it's changed the most, from my perspective, from what people have traditionally wanted Mhaldor and Evil to be. It's definitely true, though, that if you don't like the change, the best thing for all involved is that you move on so that everybody else can do the same.

• NocrothNocroth New York, NY
    edited January 2014
    @Rakon :( Man, spiritual crises are my bag! We coulda done something! And I thought we were going to be forest-burning buddies, too. Good effort with the letter, though I could see that murderification coming a mile away.

Is something (other than the food in the tavern) really rotten in Denmark Mhaldor? What's with all the people leaving? It's like they're trying to make the population even more unfamiliar to poor ol' Nocroth. I like these new folks. Besides, could anything really be worse than that time someone got drunk and made me Tyrannus? (The answer is no.)

Let's not actually talk about any of that here, though. This is for roleplayin' demonstrations and stuff.
  • Uhm, @Nocroth as Tyrannus would be absolutely badass (love you @Ruth)
  • Nocroth said:
    @Rakon :( Man, spiritual crises are my bag! We coulda done something! And I thought we were going to be forest-burning buddies, too. Good effort with the letter, though I could see that murderification coming a mile away.

Is something (other than the food in the tavern) really rotten in Denmark Mhaldor? What's with all the people leaving? It's like they're trying to make the population even more unfamiliar to poor ol' Nocroth. I like these new folks. Besides, could anything really be worse than that time someone got drunk and made me Tyrannus? (The answer is no.)

Let's not actually talk about any of that here, though. This is for roleplayin' demonstrations and stuff.
    ilu marry me
    [2:41:24 AM] Kenway: I bet you smell like evergreen trees and you could wrestle boreal mammals but they'd rather just cuddle you
  • KatzchenKatzchen Mhaldor
    edited January 2014
    @Rakon you hadn't brought any concerns to me, past casual conversation where we agreed to disagree... wouldn't have brushed you off as whining, but you couldn't have all it sounds like you wanted anyway. Moderation and compromise might have gotten you part of it.

Really wish you'd spoken to more people before taking it to Sartan. It sucks to lose a good Knight. :( But he gave you exactly what you asked for - a harsh judgement with the weight of the Truths behind it. No mercy for those who wish to leave. Slightly ironic perhaps.

By the way, I know quite a few older members who grew up in 'your' Mhaldor, and either like this one just as much, or prefer it. It's perspective... those who are closest to you are going to be more honest, and those who have negative opinions are going to raise their voices, while those who are content are going to be silent.

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• @Melodie I suddenly find myself very interested in Melodie's story (well, I have been since watching you debating Verily and first even hearing anything of Mel IC, although from forum snippets read at work she's had quite a ride), although there's...less than no reason for Mel ever to do anything short of greet Kei with MACE TO FACE, being, y'know...Occultist, notwithstanding everything else that hopefully makes Kei a full and complex character. This fact makes me slightly sad.

I did, however, quite enjoy reading the exchange! Thank you for sharing!

Bydar, a garish-looking trader says, "I'm not a man, I'm an experience."
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    edited January 2014
    I have written an IC manuscript of everything that had happened to Melodie that led up to, during, and after Mel's first excommunication that took me two or three real months to write, but I've only shared it with maybe half a dozen people total. It's very well-documented, but since the second excomm, I've not had the heart to re-read/change it yet.

Maybe one day I'll actually add onto it and put an ending on it. For now, yeah, an Occultist talking to Mel might be a bad idea. :P I'm trying to clean up more logs to share, as people are often asking about what's going on. Some stuff is just too much to share, though.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Melodie said:
    I have written an IC manuscript of everything that had happened to Melodie that led up to, during, and after Mel's first excommunication that took me two or three real months to write, but I've only shared it with maybe half a dozen people total. It's very well-documented, but since the second excomm, I've not had the heart to re-read/change it yet.

Maybe one day I'll actually add onto it and put an ending on it. For now, yeah, an Occultist talking to Mel might be a bad idea. :P I'm trying to clean up more logs to share, as people are often asking about what's going on. Some stuff is just too much to share, though.
    What's the worst that could happen with her talking to one now? Them give her back Devotion for a day, then be like "NO!...Bad Melodie..." and take it back away?
    It's not a bad idea in the sense that Melodie can get in "trouble". She's in pretty much about as much trouble as she can be without being declared an enemy of Creation.

It's more the principle of the matter. I won't go into huge detail because it involves a lot, but Melodie's stance on Chaos and Occultists hasn't changed. It was stated with that debate with Verily, and it's something that continues to be a huge part of her. It runs deeper than her previous ties to Devotion and Targossas/Shallam.

So by "bad idea", I mean "Melodie is probably not going to be very nice to you", more or less.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Is it a bad thing that my mind wandered, upon reading of Mel's second excom, to scheming a way for her to get back in good with the not-church by staging completely mock fights and such between Mel/Kei just to give her a 'victory' over 'chaos' and then having both fun RPing and a Priestess who owes me a favour?  :-S

(This is where my mind wanders when I'm bored at work, I try and find ways to insert myself into interesting things going on. That and contrived scenarios to appease my borderline masochistic desire to cause terrible things to befall my characters, and then what would happen to get out of them.)

Bydar, a garish-looking trader says, "I'm not a man, I'm an experience."
  • Wait, @Melodie, you were excommed -again-?

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

edited January 2014
    @Kei - It's appreciated, but there's pretty much no way out of it now. It's been made very clear to me, in all forms, IC and OOC. Short of doing something like, Mel sending Babel to hang out in the past with Aeon, it's not happening (and the above is obviously meant in jest, that would never happen). Not that it's not fun to think about! I plan all kinds of crazy ideas in my head, and less than half of them ever work out.

@Katzchen, Yes. Once at the beginning of the year - like the 4th or 5th of January - then restored sometime in earlyish July (I want to say the 10th-11th), then re-excommed by the 8th-10th of December. I'm not kidding when I say I've had a crazy ride this last real year!
  • Ok guys. I'll take Tyrannus the next time it comes up for play.
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    dear god @Halos, did you set that up? Whoever wrote/orchestrated that deserves a bloody(not literally!) medal
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• CarmellCarmell Eastern Washington
    @Daeir wrote it up.  @Halos was the one that told him to.  It's part of the new stuff going on within Targossas.
  • mask of lifevison really fucks up RP.

@Mithridates try to 'Relax Lifevision'? or does that not work?

• REMOVE MASK
    but @Eld, he's keeping his face hidden for a reason!  X_X

• AgriasAgrias Wisconsin
    But the feels, man, THE FEELS!
  • success, the goal was to grief @Daeir with paperwork.

I kid, but that was pretty awesome log though.