Targossas, the Dawnspear

Comments

• any news on the house formats? or will the same ones be resurrected?
  • No - no.

• Are those guards purchased, or?
  • They are so devouted to the cause of Targossas they volunteer. No purchasing required ever!
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    So what are the new cityranks?
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Liked for using one of my favourite words.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Sothantos said:
    It's the double s. Targosas reads better.

I always figured it would just be the name for the islands, not the city itself, though. It still strikes me as really awkward, but I can live with it.

Edit: Goddamn it there was a thread open for 20 minutes on changing the name and we blew it? Argh.
    I agree, tis a bit awkward. Getting used to it now, though I think they could have done better
  • StrataStrata United States of Derp
    Any chance someone can give me (the player - not my character) logs of the wedding ceremony of Silas and Sothantos? I heard it was insanely awesome.
    @Tesha, if you have logs of this or know someone who does - please speak with me OOC in private either through these forums or MSG in game. Thanks!
  • I stayed up until 7:15 copy/pasting lines one by one to get them in color (because I took a shower before bed, came back and computer was like "I UPDATED THE START BUTTON! TIME TO RESTART!" and I freaked out and frantically delayed. As a result, I have the full log in plain text (unedited, with key numbers, 8,000 prompts, moving spam, clans, etc.) and I have the majority of it cleaned up in colour. Logs will be posted once I can sort through everything, and I think I might make Giles his own little thread.

i'm a rebel

• Whats everybody's estimate for time remaining on the Houses? I always thought to myself, In June they will surely have them. It's June. How long does it take? Most the scroll work can be done by players?
  • I find it odd that it's not being done by the players themselves. Y'all should be forming clans and coming up with the ideas of the new Houses, not waiting for them to be handed to you.

Granted, I don't know what's going on in Targossas lately so you may very well already be doing this. If not, you should be. They gave you a fresh start, it's time to roll with it.
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    edited June 2013
    Simoln said:
    I find it odd that it's not being done by the players themselves. Y'all should be forming clans and coming up with the ideas of the new Houses, not waiting for them to be handed to you. Granted, I don't know what's going on in Targossas lately so you may very well already be doing this. If not, you should be. They gave you a fresh start, it's time to roll with it.
    We had clans for the old houses that were deleted when we got a new city.  We also need a full city council, its already passed the line of reasonable and is venturing into the land of absurdity that it is taking this long for some basic stuff.
  • The old Houses don't exist any more though, so it makes sense to delete the post-Shallam clans. That shouldn't keep you from getting started on something new. The city council is another matter. The worst that can come from you trying to get started on new Houses is They say no, and you're still left with ideas on titles, class-groupings, and purpose, all of which you can still work with when the Houses do finally form.
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Simoln said:
    The old Houses don't exist any more though, so it makes sense to delete the post-Shallam clans. That shouldn't keep you from getting started on something new. The city council is another matter. The worst that can come from you trying to get started on new Houses is They say no, and you're still left with ideas on titles, class-groupings, and purpose, all of which you can still work with when the Houses do finally form.
    We submitted numerous housing proposals/charters.  That's not the issue, the issue is we are the guinea pigs for some new house structure for Achaea.
  • @Achilles: Guinea pig is such a strong word. I prefer the term...pioneer.

• And whatever is coming in terms of structure, you guys get it first.
  • We're basically waiting at this point. We can't just 'work on Houses ourselves' because we already submitted very detailed proposals, they've already said 'Okay, we're listening to your feedback', so at this point, there's nothing we can. In fact, we've explicitly been told not to start pseudo-House clans in this time.
  • HalosHalos The Reaches
    edited June 2013
    Simoln said:
    I find it odd that it's not being done by the players themselves. Y'all should be forming clans and coming up with the ideas of the new Houses, not waiting for them to be handed to you. Granted, I don't know what's going on in Targossas lately so you may very well already be doing this. If not, you should be. They gave you a fresh start, it's time to roll with it.

(Actually neither do we. We did all this ig like 12 years ago. We know it's being worked on with our suggestions and requests in mind so all there is to do now is wait)

A frenzied cleric screams, "Like more than one halo!"
  • edited June 2013

Still, The Great Experiment cannot be rushed.

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    Halos said:
    Simoln said:

(Actually neither do we. We did all this ig like 12 years ago. We know it's being worked on with our suggestions and requests in mind so all there is to do now is wait)

So when are they doing a dr.horrible game of thrones cross over?

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Sounds about right.

• 1. Zealot
    2. Sentry
    3. Stalker
    4. Mothership core
    5. Proxy nexus
    6. ???
    7. Sing 'Sweet GGs are made of cheese.'

I mean wait what.
  • Achilles said:
    Simoln said:
    The old Houses don't exist any more though, so it makes sense to delete the post-Shallam clans. That shouldn't keep you from getting started on something new. The city council is another matter. The worst that can come from you trying to get started on new Houses is They say no, and you're still left with ideas on titles, class-groupings, and purpose, all of which you can still work with when the Houses do finally form.
    We submitted numerous housing proposals/charters.  That's not the issue, the issue is we are the guinea pigs for some new house structure for Achaea.
    It's crossed the line of absurdity into the realm of this really shouldn't take this long. And I agree with @synbios at least as far as that is such strong wording... Guinea pigs is such an overestimate of our position... The term Lab Rats might be more applicable here. So Targossas is now a giant skinner box? Lets see how long it takes to get a piece of cheese. Either way glad I'm out of it for a while Good luck @synbios and @Draekar you will be missed.
    (Blades of Valour): He just has that Synbios Swagger enough said.
    (Blades of Valour): Draekar says: "Synbios if sunbeams sparkle off that I'll kill you where you stand."

(Party) Halos says, "Disbar?"
    (Party) Draekar says, "You know here we have disbar."
    (Party) Draekar says, "And over there we have datbar."
  • edited June 2013
    Sothantos said:
    Krypton said:
    So what are the new cityranks?

I just started playing again, and got inducted.  As far as I can tell the ranks are:

1. Settler
    2. Bi-Curious
    3. Nice Buns
    4. Sender of Nude Pics to Silas
    5. Married to Silas
    6. Silas

Purifier Sothantos de l'Evanoir, Lord of the Crossing         2  On  Blademaster

I expect cityfavours to remedy this immediately.
    Citizen                                                     Rank CT  Class
    -------                                                     ---- --  -----

Dawnlord Silas Maynard, Grace of the Lightbringer                      2  On  Dragon (Priest)

Looks like you're not even married to the right Silas, just some bi-curious guy pretending to be Him.