Targossas, the Dawnspear

Comments

• That looks incredibly close to how I imagine it based on the map layout...just not quite as much landmass as what would actually be there.

• edited September 2013
    I had this in mind, actually:

Also, Maid of the Mist is located at Lower Targossas, huh.

• Ok Synbios' is better...and Brighthold will forever be known as Goat Island after seeing that.

The bridge to Canada has to go though.

• Shunsui said:
    ...and Brighthold will forever be known as Goat Island after seeing that.

Considering that one of our islands is named "Isle of the Ram"...

• Synbios said:
    Shunsui said:
    ...and Brighthold will forever be known as Goat Island after seeing that.

Considering that one of our islands is named "Isle of the Ram"...
    Having Silas as CL brings a completely different imagery to that name sadly.

• Deucalion said:
    Antonius said:
    From conversations that were had at IronCon there are some other big changes that will be happening before we get Houses, those being the new newbie introduction and city novicehood. I obviously have no idea how far along those are but I'd guess this month or next; I could be way off though so don't shoot me if I'm wrong.
    Antonius is right on here. In order for us to get Houses in, we're going to need the new novice/newbie system sorted out. @aurora and I are working hard at finishing up the house stuff, but there are other issues in play that need to have a lot of work done by coders and the whole god team before we can release them; it's not just a matter of writing rooms and ranks and saying "here ya go"

I also hope that Targossians appreciate that we're trying very hard to make sure that there's a place for everyone where they feel comfortable, but that each of the houses retains a very strong connection to the city and doesn't drift apart like seemed to happen in Shallam at times with each of the houses over their history. 

This is great to hear, I'm sure others will agree! We're all waiting in anticipation for it though! Thanks!
  • CarmellCarmell Eastern Washington
    Deucalion said:
    Antonius said:
    From conversations that were had at IronCon there are some other big changes that will be happening before we get Houses, those being the new newbie introduction and city novicehood. I obviously have no idea how far along those are but I'd guess this month or next; I could be way off though so don't shoot me if I'm wrong.
    Antonius is right on here. In order for us to get Houses in, we're going to need the new novice/newbie system sorted out. @aurora and I are working hard at finishing up the house stuff, but there are other issues in play that need to have a lot of work done by coders and the whole god team before we can release them; it's not just a matter of writing rooms and ranks and saying "here ya go"

I also hope that Targossians appreciate that we're trying very hard to make sure that there's a place for everyone where they feel comfortable, but that each of the houses retains a very strong connection to the city and doesn't drift apart like seemed to happen in Shallam at times with each of the houses over their history. 
    I know we are going to get a great thing when it comes in.  I think a lot of people are just getting impatient.  Like I keep saying I am patiently waiting impatiently.  Keep up the great work with Targossas.
  • Deucalion said:
    Antonius said:

Yeah I think most all of us can appreciate how much work this all has to be, especially for two volunteers with real lives.

Can't wait to see what excitement you all are planning for us. Thanks @Aurora and @Deucalion for all the effort so far, keep up the good/Good work!
  • HyperlithHyperlith San Fierro area, San Andreas
    Shunsui said:
    Ok Synbios' is better...and Brighthold will forever be known as Goat Island after seeing that.
    Latus Cay!

• HalosHalos The Reaches
    Deucalion said:
    Antonius said:

Appreciate this more than you know. Will immolate a baker's dozen of doves in your honor (per House) when they come in.

A frenzied cleric screams, "Like more than one halo!"
  • We need more Halos dove slaughtering, definitely my favorite memory in Targossas so far

• Being one of 6 people to have re-written the Paladins things from scratch a few times over the years... Thank you @deucalion and @aurora. We may not agree on everything but I appreciate your work.
    (Blades of Valour): He just has that Synbios Swagger enough said.
    (Blades of Valour): Draekar says: "Synbios if sunbeams sparkle off that I'll kill you where you stand."

(Party) Halos says, "Disbar?"
    (Party) Draekar says, "You know here we have disbar."
    (Party) Draekar says, "And over there we have datbar."
  • HalosHalos The Reaches
    edited October 2013
    @Kakotas! I thought you were dead. Why are you thanking them? You aren't Targossian and haven't logged in for any real amount of time in like six rl months! We're all super glad for deucora. Stand in line and we might let you talk to them.

EDIT: (when are you joining anyway)

A frenzied cleric screams, "Like more than one halo!"
  • Pff Deucora. Aurocalion much more better.
  • edited October 2013
    Can we get something in place that blocks people in Mhaldorian/Ashtani/etc houses from joining Targossas through the newbie tour, please? I have no idea how difficult this would be, but if it would be as simple as a flick of a switch, it would be great. At least, I think it is happening in the tour, where they pick city then house, or whatever order it is. 

i'm a rebel

• Oh, it does? Okay.

i'm a rebel

• Yeah it happened in Shallam. Ashtani Sentaari, etc.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Had a Mhaldorian novice in Ashtan for about a week.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• CarmellCarmell Eastern Washington
    Just this month Zii kicked out a novice from Mhaldorian house that lived in Targossas.  He was nice enough to send me a tell so that I could help the obviously confused novice.  We got her going in the right direction.
  • Targossas! I'm in love with this city... I came from Midkemia Online and hey! Achaea now consumes my playing time. Everyone is very helpful and kind within Targossas. Thanks everyone! I would highly recommend the city to any other novices in doubt
  • edited November 2013
    Don't take that shit, Tyreign. She traded in her arties so she can run away from you, but if you follow protocol and bring 3 friends you can keep her still no problem.

ETA:
    Lianca said:

That happens to all cities, is just something the citizenry have to deal with.

While true, this is one part of the Achaean psyche I'll never understand. "Everybody puts up with this lapse in the code, so it's okay."

@Tecton, @Makarios, @Sarapis, fix pls.

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    edited November 2013
    @Silas, I was looking at the avatars!

I also resent the implication that three of you can keep me still.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."