Targossas, the Dawnspear

Comments

• Just distract her with a totem and she'll stay still.
  • Until four burly dudes earring to her.

• ...with veils. 

• I'm 12,3212x10^12 years old and what is this?

• Dunn said:

Until four burly dudes earring to her.

Not seeing the problem. That's just more "totems" for Kyrra to get distracted by.
  • edited November 2013
    Daeir said:
    Bicep totems.
    Sure, those too.

ETA: Trying to wrestle the forums on my phone is always fun. b-(

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    Totems :x
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Tecton said:
    Silas said:
    Don't take that shit, Tyreign. She traded in her arties so she can run away from you, but if you follow protocol and bring 3 friends you can keep her still no problem. ETA:
    That happens to all cities, is just something the citizenry have to deal with.
    While true, this is one part of the Achaean psyche I'll never understand. "Everybody puts up with this lapse in the code, so it's okay." @Tecton, @Makarios, @Sarapis, fix pls.
    It is fixed as part of the new intro!
    Speaking of this new intro. I like to think of this weekend as the weekend where I get a PS4, and a new introduction system is launched into Achaea and we are nearer to Targossas Houses. But you know, that's just my idea of how great this weekend could be ;)

JK No rush I just wanted to once more express my gratitude and thanks you guys are putting into this new system -Pumps his fists in the air to rally the Bloodsworn, Tecton, and Sarapis.-
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    No.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Halos said:
    @Kakotas! I thought you were dead. Why are you thanking them? You aren't Targossian and haven't logged in for any real amount of time in like six rl months! We're all super glad for deucora. Stand in line and we might let you talk to them.

EDIT: (when are you joining anyway)
    Not dead just retired to my little Elysian sanctuary. A few people have seen me and I keep tabs. Been too busy with school and real life to devote a lot of time to anything. I've been helping newbie paladins wherever I can. Pretty stock standard for Kakotas. And I have already talked to them. Unless the stance changes on paladin class likely as not I will fade Paladins are Knights and always should be but to be Knights Honor is a requirement and that is a tricky subject now with the current targossian climate. Its why Paladins always respected Pentharian. But I was hoping to at least see the houses before I made that decision.
    (Blades of Valour): He just has that Synbios Swagger enough said.
    (Blades of Valour): Draekar says: "Synbios if sunbeams sparkle off that I'll kill you where you stand."

(Party) Halos says, "Disbar?"
    (Party) Draekar says, "You know here we have disbar."
    (Party) Draekar says, "And over there we have datbar."
  • And I'm waiting for Targossas to get it's supposed military together and either drown Mhaldor or Ashtan. It's funny that Shallam one of the oldest two cities in the game can die but heaven forbid we take out Ashtan.
    (Blades of Valour): Draekar says: "Synbios if sunbeams sparkle off that I'll kill you where you stand."

• edited November 2013
    Kakotas said:
    And I'm waiting for Targossas to get it's supposed military together and either drown Mhaldor or Ashtan. It's funny that Shallam one of the oldest two cities in the game can die but heaven forbid we take out Ashtan.
    What? Shallam was destroyed because the system was completely screwed up. The only solution for Shallam was a hard reboot. While I personally may dislike Ashtan for a number of reasons, mostly revolving around the perception that the bulk of the population there seems to treat the game like a chatroom, their system seems to work just fine. Ashtan doesn't need to get a hard reboot like Shallam did. So, really not sure where you're going with this :P

• FYI: Honour isn't a "tricky subject" in Targossas. You can be as (dis)honourable as you want. Just don't try force your views on other people/whine if other people don't behave like you do, and you won't even make a ripple.
  • You have a lot of free room, but there's potentially going to be a point where you're going to be required to do something that doesn't necessarily meet your code of Honour. Saying "No, that contradicts my code of Honour" isn't going to be an option.
  • Not to trample upon your fond memories of the Templars - believe me, I miss the old House Estate - but part of character development is moving on when your character is suddenly thrust into a new direction by forces beyond his/her control or expectation. 

...Unless you were seriously RPing someone who is unable to move on, and is enacting a futile scheme to raise Shallam from the depths by sacrificing a thousand doveseaglesbabies.

• edited November 2013
    Neither. The city is lost. But Chivalry shouldn't be and I'm afraid that is where this city seems to want to go. And I on an OOC level am done being the opposing minority/voice of sanity in Targossas/shallam. You guys make it what you want but minus a Knighthood it has very little need of a Knightly Historian who grew up with an honorcode that is ingrained into him. Also there comes a time when reinventing the wheel as you would call it is more trouble than it's really worth. Especially if it's just to reinvent myself into the new joke/punching bag in the current politcal climate. Nope I've done that too many times. I'll be the last of the Templars and I'll live in whats left of Elysian Territory until they destroy it and me with it. The tenet in the honorcode of Loyalty, that was Kakotas's first answer on the acolyte test and will forever be his dying words.

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    Kakotas said:

Neither. The city is lost. But Chivalry shouldn't be and I'm afraid that is where this city seems to want to go.

Have you actually logged in and interacted with any of the Knighted folk in Targossas? @Achilles? @Antonius? @Synbios? Chivalry isn't dead. Neither is Honour.

If anything, Targossas is truly the polar opposite of Mhaldor now. Good verses Evil. Just because Infernals serve Sartan, it doesn't make them any less of a Knight than those that serve the Bloodsworn. Both factions are heavy with military influences, they have a cause, they have Divine guidance.

What's to stop would-be Squires approaching a Knight to ask for training? Does an official program need to be in place for people to start doing the work? Targossas has a quite a few active Knights. Are they no longer Knights because the guild hall is on the bottom of the sea bed?

• I'm pretty sure the opposite of a militaristic theocracy devoted to violent expansionism is Cyrene. Targ is like Goodor, gooder? I was a knight once, this is completely relevant.

• Kyrra said:
    Neither. The city is lost. But Chivalry shouldn't be and I'm afraid that is where this city seems to want to go.
    Have you actually logged in and interacted with any of the Knighted folk in Targossas? @Achilles? @Antonius? @Synbios? Chivalry isn't dead. Neither is Honour. If anything, Targossas is truly the polar opposite of Mhaldor now. Good verses Evil. Just because Infernals serve Sartan, it doesn't make them any less of a Knight than those that serve the Bloodsworn. Both factions are heavy with military influences, they have a cause, they have Divine guidance. What's to stop would-be Squires approaching a Knight to ask for training? Does an official program need to be in place for people to start doing the work? Targossas has a quite a few active Knights. Are they no longer Knights because the guild hall is on the bottom of the sea bed?
    I guess from my own perspective it's been a bit hard to tell exactly what form knighthood will take without some sort of official announcement. I mean, all the knights are still knights, but the organization that made them such and recognized it is gone, and along with the changes to ideology and the like I guess I haven't felt sure enough about what following a path of knighthood in Targossas would even mean to take the initiative to try and take initiative on doing something about it. 

• You've done Asia proud, my friend.
  • Well see that is the thing. We might still have our Knighthood intact (even those outside Targossas do because it is a title of honor that we earned) but without any kind of system in place it is rather hard to have a militaristic order when there is no organization to begin with. Targossas can function in a limited capacity but Knighthood either needs to move beyond houses into some neuteral area or Gooder Knights need some organization with recognition. I personally prefer the former and several attempts have been made but without some push from those in positions of authority or some indication of direction it will be hard to do anything and organize anything where newer Knights can be formed well. But the remaining two Knight houses highly oppose such a proposition so unless changes are made on a massive level (which I don't think they will) we are left with a rock and hard place situation where no Paladin Knight wins really.

• There is absolutely nothing preventing Targossas from starting a citywide Knighting program. Well, besides people like Kakotas complaining and saying nothing can be done, which in turn prevents it from actually being done.

You don't need Mhaldor or Cyrene's permission to Knight your citizens.

• Uh, the reason Targossas doesn't have a knighting program is because the leadership has stated, "We're not going to have a knighting program"

• I think that might be the first thing ever that Santar and I have agreed on... #disturbingtrendsoftheday

• Targ's not much interested in Honor or Chivalry. Sorry cuz.

Go Maldaathi, you won't be disappointed at all.
  • That's an even worse excuse than a knighting program not being accepted by other knighting programs/houses.