Targossas, the Dawnspear

Comments

• @Tvistor If Vaehl is Ilsa, does that mean that Xer is Laszlo?

Who is Renault? ;))
  • I can't believe how quickly Targossas is changing and taking shape. Amazing!

• Targossas, the dawnspear. Home of the glittery votori
  • HaldonHaldon I forgot...
    Had a look around last night. I think it's going to be a great place to play. Even the approaches to the area are groovy man. I was apprehensive and a little paranoid so I didn't stay too long, but yeah even in its larval stage the new place looks good.
    Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead.
  • (Refugees of Shallam): Lenneth says, "What do we call ourselves now that we have a place?"
    (Refugees of Shallam): You say, "I like Targossans."
    (Refugees of Shallam): You say, "Though some people have adopted Targossians."
    Lupine Ocelan Goggo says in a cold, empty voice, "Targossans sounds better, really."
    You nod your head in agreement.
    Tar-GOH-szians. Last syllable kind of a combination of shhians and szians.
    Like Russians, apparently. And in that vein, I demand cossack hats and freezing weather.

• ^ bitter

• Silas said:
    Like Russians, apparently. And in that vein, I demand cossack hats and freezing weather.

You feel the temperature around you to be about -54 F (-47 C). A steady wind whistles past your ears.

Wish granted.

• Silas said:
    (Refugees of Shallam): Lenneth says, "What do we call ourselves now that we have a place?"
    Lupine Ocelan Goggo says in a cold, empty voice, "Targossans sounds better, really."
    And nesting dolls.  For @Sothantos

• Trevize said:
    I'm rather amused at how big of a deal this name is becoming. It's a name. Get used to it!

Trevize calls it New Shallam.

My knight alt firmly believes it will fall into the sea, so hasn't bothered paying attention, but does call it Targossas when it is brought to his attention.
    Prythe has been calling it "New Shallam" as well. That said, Prythe is still wondering what will happen about/with all the destroyed houses and shops.

- To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    - Let me get my hat and my knife
    - It's your apple, take a bite
    - Don't dream it ... be it

• edited February 2013
    Synbios said:
    Silas said:

You feel the temperature around you to be about -54 F (-47 C). A steady wind whistles past your ears.

Wish granted.
    Well I mean the In mother russia jokes aren't without precedent... In sapience you hunt dragons... In Shallam Dragons Hunt you... And so on and so forth
    (Blades of Valour): He just has that Synbios Swagger enough said.
    (Blades of Valour): Draekar says: "Synbios if sunbeams sparkle off that I'll kill you where you stand."

(Party) Halos says, "Disbar?"
    (Party) Draekar says, "You know here we have disbar."
    (Party) Draekar says, "And over there we have datbar."
  • edited February 2013
    Silas said:

(Refugees of Shallam): Lenneth says, "What do we call ourselves now that we have a place?"

Russians

ETA: Without the i, the s's would be sibilant, as in 'moss'
  • Just for that, sticking with Targossans. >:P

• Hey, you said you wanted the last syllable to sound like 'Russian'. There's an i in that
  • Actually, Caucasian is probably better as a pronunciation comparison.. Three syllables. Tar-GOH-szhun
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena

Sarapis said:
    Actually, Caucasian is probably better as a pronunciation comparison.. Three syllables. Tar-GOH-szhun
    Is that how you people say it? To think this whole time I've just been calling you COCK-a-shuns.
  • TargoZns!
  • Russians, Caucasians and Asians, oh my! Looks like Targossas is multi-ethnic.

• I am cool with being Russian.
  • Why does that guy there look like M-Bison from Street Fighter
  • Uh, I am Caucasian IG as well? Where's fun in that?
  • FitzFitz Fire and Spice
    I like what I've seen of it thus far, and everything I hear about the new direction I like, glad Good actually has a driving force behind it because it always seemed so scattered back in the day.

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    I like deucalion because his name has lion in it. Could it be any more awesome

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Deuce = 2
    Eucalyptus = insect repellent
    Lion = Panthera leo

Being zapped by Deucalion is like being mauled by two lions with insect-repellent breath - at least your corpse won't get infested by flies. He's considerate like that.