Hashan Thread

Comments

• Verily said:
    As one of those who, as a newbie, was scared away from Hashan by a mix of warnings from friends and the forums... I shake my fist at all such things, as I've quite enjoyed my time now as a member of the city.

What I feel the city really needs is to settle upon a cultural theme to embrace. It is something that is really glossed over by many, but there's so much history to work with! Something that members of the city can rally around to help grant the city a strong identity despite any other differences they might have. A bit of a discussion came up over CT involving this very topic just recently (which brought this to mind as something to post), and there are certainly others in support towards trying to bring this about.

It is what Hashan seems to most lack, but there are more than enough resources to try and bring it about, slow though it might be as a process.
    This  pretty much sums it all up
  • Cinya said:
    @Cooper - Cinya hardly even spoke when they visited Hashan, for those very reasons, among others. 

Can everyone agree to drop the statue example? I think people are grossly overestimating how much I cared about that one isolated event. I only brought it up because it was recent, and now it's been beaten to death past the point of being productive.

I'm willing to accept, as @Tvistor and others have said, that Hashan still has some work to do. I was never trying to whine that Hashan is THE BEST TEXT CITY EVER, WHY DON'T YOU GUYS SEE IT. I just had a problem with things like people telling noobs on forums that Hashan isn't a good place for RP, and the derogatory kernel of truth that most people seem to see in the bottom of all the "Hashan doesn't exist" jokes. 

We're doing a lot better and are actively working on it, please don't make us look hopeless in front of impressionable fresh blood. That's all I ask. 

Re: bolded: no shit, you're not even Mhaldorian.

However, now's your time to shine, Hashan. We'll try to keep this from getting silly on either side, and with both... cities? territories? peoples? whatever, with us both having active and awesome Gods, this should hopefully be fun for everybody. :)

• edited January 2013
    I got Hashani ganked immediately after screwing around on their border, but the two people helping Dodder just stood still. (even while I was getting prone-bitten)

One of them did this, though:

Nieelensars's voice and instrument rise to the heavens in an Aria of healing for herself.

So that was cool.

@Tharvis is awesome, promote that man.
  • Tvistor said:
    I got Hashani ganked immediately after screwing around on their border, but the two people helping Dodder just stood still. (even while I was getting prone-bitten)

Nieelensars's voice and instrument rise to the heavens in an Aria of healing for herself.

So that was cool.
    Hard to claim they were helping her, then. Perhaps they just happened to be hanging out when Dodder decided to go after you? Nieelensars is neither Hashani nor in a Hashani house anymore.
  • @Eld Possibly, but my version of events is funnier.

• Tvistor said:

So that was cool.

@Tharvis is awesome, promote that man.
    mmm reminds me after I left. I got ganked by 3, one was standing spamming hangedman, another was shooting meteor arrows in the air and the third biting camus. Let's just say if my system hadnt exploded with "touch cloak" because my cloak tattoo faded, I would have still died from shock and laughter >.>.
  • edited January 2013
    Still died, what a noob.

So, uh, what are we talking about now?
  • I was spamming hangedman because my system broke when I transferred to this computer... still working out the transfer and rebuilding. 
  • AktillumAktillum Philippines
    Silas: Prepare yourselves, Hashan!
    Askiva: Mechanics don't equal sh**!

This is going to be a fun conflict

• AkiaAkia phoenix, az

Rofl, This is the only thing I can think of when the Refugees declare war on Hashan.

"Our security volunteers will be no match against the battle-hardened Federation Army."Captain Panaka

• This coming conflict should be very fun! If I have learnt anything with Hashan, it is that it becomes strongest when it is under constant martial pressure.
  • Putting all my money on Refugees though.
  • That's true of anywhere. *shallam was forged in the fires of the Ashtan war, under me/Rho; this will hopefully help to do the same to forge a unifying identity for Hashan.

• KitarelKitarel Edmonton, Alberta

The bad rep that surrounds Hashan is very much influenced by outside sources. When I first joined Achaea I very carefully read through all of the help scrolls on cities and houses. I made a few characters before I settled on Kitarel because I wanted to make an informed decision. I realized that what Hashan 'stands for' on paper was where I wanted to go with my character. Over the years it has gotten much worse.

Asking anyone about Hashan it does turn into a 'lolHashan' moment but the frustration is that people join it because they don't want to RP, heard it was a joke and just want to get dragon, etc. That's what hurts the city as a whole when not only do true newbies end up leaving because someone comes up to them and says they're in a joke city... But also because established players see it from the outside as one.

The city is a huge opportunity and has excellent potential. The Houses are not as up in arms about one another as they used to be. Everyone is established as part of the city. (Feeling a little distanced in the Merchants because of what the House became after Guilds).

• I can fully agree with the distance the Merchants have maintained within Hashan, thought for as long as I've been in the House, it's always been a bit distant. Not being close to the City it resides in has helped it avoid a majority of the drama that has circled within Hashan in the past, but it has also suffered under the house-class rework. Now with an incredibly low population compared to the past, being somewhat distant from Hashan is actually a detriment.

Not saying anything against any of the current Merchant members, they're all fantastic and have the staying power that makes logging in everyday fantastic. But after so long, people get into a comfortable zone. We go about our business, we tend to our shops, we work on our projects and generally have a very good time with it all. We tend to avoid outright conflicts. But with Hashan slowly shifting, I've actually enjoyed becoming a bit more connected with the City again.

Perhaps all the Merchants will follow suit, and perhaps the Merchants will eventually shift into something more aligned with their classes and really ingrained in the City again. Only time will tell.
  • HhaosHhaos Cortland, Ohio
    Wattsee said:
    I can fully agree with the distance the Merchants have maintained within Hashan, thought for as long as I've been in the House, it's always been a bit distant. Not being close to the City it resides in has helped it avoid a majority of the drama that has circled within Hashan in the past, but it has also suffered under the house-class rework. Now with an incredibly low population compared to the past, being somewhat distant from Hashan is actually a detriment.

Not saying anything against any of the current Merchant members, they're all fantastic and have the staying power that makes logging in everyday fantastic. But after so long, people get into a comfortable zone. We go about our business, we tend to our shops, we work on our projects and generally have a very good time with it all. We tend to avoid outright conflicts. But with Hashan slowly shifting, I've actually enjoyed becoming a bit more connected with the City again.

Perhaps all the Merchants will follow suit, and perhaps the Merchants will eventually shift into something more aligned with their classes and really ingrained in the City again. Only time will tell.
    The Merchants are hands down the reason I came back after about 3irl years, though the last time I played Achaea before Hhaos, Lavinia was HL and I remember her taking me hunting in Manara and it was AWESOME. The houses of Hashan do need something to pull them together without a doubt and it needs to be more vested then just lol we defend together, while this helps a bit it seems that certain things must be done between the house leaders when it comes to making deals so that THE WHOLE of Hashan can all get on the same level. I know a few things drew me to the Lotus though, the main one being that I missed the interaction and knew that @Jacen would have his hands full running the house and I'm the sadistic kind of person that likes positions, but enough about that.

LOLHASHAN is not something that should be taught to the new players, we may not be a military force to be reckoned with but we are trying and if others just keep up the flaming of the city I don't see how we could possibly get much better. If the mindset as a whole was look they are trying, they're not awesome but are willing to work towards the goal of bettering themselves as a city(which I believe most of us active in this thread will attest to), then we will be able to actually do something. I'm not asking for daily raids or for you guys to lay down your arms and let us beat you senseless, I'm just asking that you give us the same respect that we give to all of you.

Also, please please please let us be able to execute people for being dumb-es, I know the kill count will be high and all but it actually will help put a damper on the pie,, AWOOO WOOOHOOOO WOOHOOO stuff like I beared witness to myself late last night.
  • Hhaos said:
    Also, please please please let us be able to execute people for being dumb-es, I know the kill count will be high and all but it actually will help put a damper on the pie,, AWOOO WOOOHOOOO WOOHOOO stuff like I beared witness to myself late last night.
    ^this, plz n ty

• SherazadSherazad Planef Urth
    Yeah, my old main was Hashani for a very long time, all I remember from MoCA are quizzes, mini-games in the arena. While population has always been a problem in Mhaldor, I think we have the hardest working MoCA who really does incorporate what the city is all about in the events she runs. 

From an outsider's point of view, I can only think of Hashan as that city with telescopes and stuff. From my alt's point of view, it's still mainly a place where you do what you want and you don't have to care much about the other citizens. Sure there are people who rp with each other, but I haven't really seen involvement on a greater scale. I'm gonna say it's like Ashtan, without the bigger RP group and a much bigger PK group. The thing I like with Hashan though is if you set your mind into being significant there, it's not really difficult. 
    Bleh, work ate my gaming life.
    내가 제일 잘 나가!!!111!!1

• Does Hashan have any celebrations? Like Cyrene has Blufest? Out of curiosity what about the other cities? I've only ever heard about that kind of stuff in Cyrene? With a House like the Merchants in Hashan you would think they'd be able to throw one hell of a city-wide bash and whatnot...
  • The Spirit Walkers do the Festival of the Spirits bi-centennially  
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    edited January 2013
    Anything city-wise, though?

I mean we host Blufests every 5-15 years, depending on world events and etc, and have plenty of other things, from word games, to feared ratting, to unCyreanian families, to several other citizen-created events. We have a huge scroll just for games, and then the Embassy often runs their own thing for newbies. -Then- the Houses have their own events - the Bards do concerts, the Kindred have the Black Cat Gala every Mayaween plus several other things, and the Mojus and Wardens add in their own bits now and again. Then Phaestus hosts his occasional contests. Then... well, you get the idea.

Maybe I'm just spoiled on Cyrenian culture, but it feels like you guys definitely have plenty of room to grow in the culture aspect, at least.

Cyrene isn't without her problems, but culture is one of those things we nailed down a long time ago. City pride and morale are a huge thing with us, and I personally think that would help Hashan greatly.

*Note: I have never possessed a Hashan character ever, so the above may actually happen somewhat. I am going off what I read in this thread alone. Take that as you will.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • She's a Serpentlord.

And *Shallam can attest to our raids and defenses last night. Only Hashani
  • I'm seriously hoping that something good comes out of this for Hashan.  The city has nothing but potential and I honestly think they need a catalyst like this to get out of their "neutral" stand point.
  • Halo said:
    I'm seriously hoping that something good comes out of this for Hashan.  The city has nothing but potential and I honestly think they need a catalyst like this to get out of their "neutral" stand point.
    Be careful what you wish for.  Shallam got a 'catalyst', and I'm not sure that it was the one they were expecting.
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Jacen said:
    She's a Serpentlord.

And *Shallam can attest to our raids and defenses last night. Only Hashani
    I was surprised Hashan went on the offensive, now keep it up, only way to get better as a group.
    Halo said:
    I'm seriously hoping that something good comes out of this for Hashan.  The city has nothing but potential and I honestly think they need a catalyst like this to get out of their "neutral" stand point.
    I think the fact they tried to raid us back is a good sign.  They lost 20+ shrines in about 12 hours so its good to see they didn't just roll over.
This discussion has been closed.