Stockings 2018!

123457»

Comments

• Should i expect similar things items from the platinum stockings i have? like will it have candycanes etc or different stuff?
  • Askren said:
    Should i expect similar things items from the platinum stockings i have? like will it have candycanes etc or different stuff?
    The contents will be different but the values still seems to be around 20-30 credits per stocking (baseline, I had pulls from the golden ones of up to 130cr or so tradein). They tend to have things like seftonium, Lucrescent nuts, straight up credits, humgii tickets, customisation figurines, pipes and some promotional things of that nature.
  • HalosHalos The Reaches
    You open a logosmas platinum stocking and find a Ledolian Surcoat, a hunter's belt, a phial of shimmering permanent ink, an ink-stained rose thorn, an ink-stained rose thorn, 833 gold sovereigns, a group of 18 valerian leaves, a group of 18 valerian leaves, a group of 25 lobelia seeds, and a group of 9 coal pieces inside!

You open a logosmas platinum stocking and find 1 mayan crown, 539 gold sovereigns, and a group of 31 ginseng roots inside!

A frenzied cleric screams, "Like more than one halo!"
  • Well that was a decent stocking.

• So I did one last big hurrah and tried to get the big prize when I saw the announcement ahead of New Year's with my last (really this time) purchase.

60 stockings got me (inflated by big prize):
    287 candycanes
    3 crowns
    3 caches
    7 antler pipes
    4 candy cane pipes
    4 garland vials
    epicurean sash
    arti pike
    drinking horn
    brooch of snow
    2 cigar boxes
    and the usual herbs/gold/etc.

Even without the extra 100 canes and sash (which I hadn't seen yet, only pixie boots so I was super stoked) it was essentially 1800ish credits value for what would normally buy 1000. This promotion has been great and it is the only reason I am as equipped as I am now to really start digging into PK, a new class, and so on.

Hope other people ended up happy overall with theirs too.

• edited January 2019
    9 platinum regulars and 1 platinum fancy got me:

2 guidebooks
    2 crowns
    1 pipe
    20 lucrescent nuts
    3 seftonium
    1 trait reset

A bit disappointed by no candycanes, and some of the ones were quite bare, but overall good value. Total of roughly 425 cr or so, mixing bound and unbound?

425cr for free is good value by any standard. :v 
  • You open a fancy platinum stocking and find 10 Humgii betting tickets, 30 credits, a fire pendant, a 
    ranger's bow, a wooden box of parts, 1533 gold sovereigns, 1958 gold sovereigns, 717 gold sovereigns,
    a group of 12 pieces of rope, a group of 20 lobelia seeds, a group of 28 goldenseal roots, a group 
    of 28 valerian leaves, a group of 35 lobelia seeds, a group of 7 wood commodities, and a group of 9 
    wood commodities inside!

That is pretty crazy for a single stocking, just wish I had like a novice alt that opened it!
  • 7 platinum normal stockings.
    20 humgii tickets, a trait reset, a reincarnation, 10 lucrescent nuts, 10 balls of seftonium, 80 credits, 3 tophats, two worn whetstones, a featureless ice figurine.

Not too bad. I may use both the reincarnation and trait reset, definitely going to use the figurine.
  • edited January 2019
    42 logosmas platinum stockings:
    I got... a permanent tattoo, three wetstones, an ink-stained thorn, a propspctor's guidebook, 25 Lucrescent nuts, four figurines, 20 seftonium, ruby pendant, 4 wooden box of parts, 505cr, 250 humgii tickets, 2 globes (nothing and a sleeve I got the Aran'kesh from), 5 tophats, 3 Ledolian Surcoats and 3 arti pipes.
  • edited January 2019
    Yeah, the plat stockings are very samey and kinda mildly disappointing, tbh (in relation to expectation of '3x the value of regular stockings'). Buuuuuuut not much to be done, was all free and still valuable!
  • No where does it say platinum stockings are worth 3x the average stocking.

• edited January 2019
    Cooper said:
    No where does it say platinum stockings are worth 3x the average stocking.
    It doesn't? Huh. I could have sworn I read somewhere golden are worth 2x and plats 3x. 
    I might just be overthinking/misremembering something someone said OOC as an IC helpfile thing.
    My bad!
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Colour me utterly underwhelmed:

You open a logosmas platinum stocking and find an ornately carved ivory pipe, 1624 gold sovereigns, and 2098 gold sovereigns inside!

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."